News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Polydweller

I'm having a hard time searching for this, but has anyone mentioned or figured out how many times you gotta load and unload if you're going from each destination? Like from DHS to Epcot? I know when you get on at DHS, you gotta get off at CBR, but then do you have to get off at Riviera to go towards Epcot? Sorry if dumb question.
Nope. Just at CBR. Riviera acts like a turning station but you can also get on and off there but only to go to the hotel. Otherwise straight through to Epcot or DHS depending on direction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm having a hard time searching for this, but has anyone mentioned or figured out how many times you gotta load and unload if you're going from each destination? Like from DHS to Epcot? I know when you get on at DHS, you gotta get off at CBR, but then do you have to get off at Riviera to go towards Epcot? Sorry if dumb question.

If you're passing through CBR you gotta unload and reload.

If you're passing through Riviera, you can stay on.

If you're passing through the turn station at BoardWalk parking lot, you must stay on.

All other terminals are endpoint destinations and there are no pass-throughs.

Bender123

I understand the tech, I even understand Elon... what I don't understand is why he's going to all the bother of boring when he could just as easilly assemble a giant above ground tube, coat the interior with KY Jelly pop in a car shaped like a .... bullet and blow a hurricane force breeze in behind it to parachute the vehicle to the other end, lined in pillows of course. Seems more his style anyway.

Hey, the Monorail is perfect for a test...

He is...its called the Hyperloop. Basically a maglev in a vacuum sealed tube.

tissandtully

Found the Darth Vader Skyliner

Attachments

• GettyImages-1159935777.jpg
    GettyImages-1159935777.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 368

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. Not sure this has been posted yet....the Riviera Resort Skyliner station has a sign over the entrance now. Landscaping continues.

IMG_1670.JPG

Landscaping around the Caribbean Resort Skyliner station has begun. Could the small shelter on the right be a bus stop? There are two bollards installed on the road.

IMG_1673.JPG

One of two crosswalks to the Skyliner station on busy Sea Breeze Drive.

IMG_1674.JPG

Monorail_Orange

Photo update as of Thursday, August 8, 2019. Not sure this has been posted yet....the Riviera Resort Skyliner station has a sign over the entrance now. Landscaping continues.

View attachment 396788

Landscaping around the Caribbean Resort Skyliner station has begun. Could the small shelter on the right be a bus stop? There are two bollards installed on the road.

View attachment 396789

View attachment 396790
I agree the shelter to the right in the second photograph is a bus shelter. Notice the two upright bollards in the road in front of the shelter. These are used at many (but not all) of the other WDW bus stops as well.

joelkfla

Elon has no involvement in any hyperloops. He just suggested it, it comes from a worlds fair from a GM display of future transportation. He has put a little money into college design competitions and things like that but he is not in the hyperloop business and owns no patents.
But the proposal for the Washington to Baltimore Boring project says that the tube will be designed to be upgradable to a hyperloop in the future, so there is a relationship between the two. Boring says their ultimate goal is to extend the tube to NY or Boston, and they quote potential hyperloop travel times.

seascape

But the proposal for the Washington to Baltimore Boring project says that the tube will be designed to be upgradable to a hyperloop in the future, so there is a relationship between the two. Boring says their ultimate goal is to extend the tube to NY or Boston, and they quote potential hyperloop travel times.
I will believe it what I see it. I doubt it will happen.

surfsupdon

View attachment 396790

I still cannot believe crosswalks were the answer. SeaBreeze is now such a busy roadway with both vehicle and bus traffic.

A walkway under the SeaBreeze bridge on the Jamaica side (to compliment the Trinidad side) would have been great, more safe, and allowed the flow of traffic to continue uninterrupted.

Incomudro

I still cannot believe crosswalks were the answer. SeaBreeze is now such a busy roadway with both vehicle and bus traffic.

A walkway under the SeaBreeze bridge on the Jamaica side (to compliment the Trinidad side) would have been great, more safe, and allowed the flow of traffic to continue uninterrupted.

Yes, or even a pedestrian bridge could have been built.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom