News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ToTBellHop

I have terrible news. They did a test with 5 Imagineers on the gondola during a thunderstorm. I can exclusively share the test photo:

ImperfectPixie

I wouldn't want to be that "comfortable" with people I don't know.
Have you never ridden the buses, ferries, or monorails?

I don’t think people will be allowed to stand in the gondolas, so they will be far less packed than the other modes of transportation at the end of the night.
Yet you ride a Disney transportation bus.
So I guess you don't use the monorail buses or boats either? There have been times in all three of those that I have been in direct physical contact with another guest.
My guess is that because a gondola is so similar in size to a car, that the expectation is there for it to feel like a more private mode of transportation? I mean, yes, you've got Uber, Lyft, and taxis, but generally it's accepted that chit-chatting with the driver isn't necessary as they are providing a service, so those situations tend to lack awkwardness as there are pre-established roles. I would think sharing a gondola with strangers would feel similar to sharing a cab with a stranger - which is not something everyone would be comfortable with.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
My guess is that because a gondola is so similar in size to a car, that the expectation is there for it to feel like a more private mode of transportation? I mean, yes, you've got Uber, Lyft, and taxis, but generally it's accepted that chit-chatting with the driver isn't necessary as they are providing a service, so those situations tend to lack awkwardness as there are pre-established roles. I would think sharing a gondola with strangers would feel similar to sharing a cab with a stranger - which is not something everyone would be comfortable with.

I talk to my Uber driver all the time. And my Minnie Van driver. And the bus driver when I'm the only passenger.

note2001

Will parents be expected to fold up strollers? I'd think no, but then again I have been the victim of many parents who have no clue how to control their open stroller and I can see these same folk having trouble exiting a moving gondola, even if it is creeping.

"Stop the line... we have another one." 😬

Maybe they should use the ECV line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom