News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

matt9112

That is highly, highly, highly unlikely. You think cheerleaders aren't going to use the lift? You think children aren't going to demand that their family use the lift? You think people who choose CBR won't know there's a lift involved and that their price went up because of that lift? You think people buying into Riviera DVC won't be told over and over again how great this is because of the lift, and yet buy into Riviera while firmly deciding to never use that lift?

And besides, what if they don't use the new system? Are they going to stay at the resort and never go to Epcot or DHS? They'll Uber or Minnie Van or drive themselves. As far as WDW is concerned, they went to the parks -- doesn't matter how they got there.

why do you call it a lift? i thought thats what Europeans call elevators? is anything that goes up a "lift" is an escalator a lift? is a rocket a lift?

cosmicgirl

why do you call it a lift? i thought thats what Europeans call elevators? is anything that goes up a "lift" is an escalator a lift? is a rocket a lift?

Ever heard of a ski elevator...? This technology stems from ski lifts, hence the name lift.

ETA: I'm not sure about the UK but we also speak of lifting rather than hitchhiking. In that sense anyone or anything that gives you a ride is giving you a lift. No vertical movement required.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

jhendrix

You forgot the bit about passing over the theme park.

Let the link to DAK be done by something else.
I didn't actually, since transportation passing though/over parks is nothing new with the monorail at Disneyland and at Epcot. Plus the skyline will be passing directly over Carribbean Beach Resort, so it's definitely possible.

However, if there is another way, and another mode, then I'm intrigued. Where would AK connect? Would it even be to the other parks, or just to Animal Kingdom resorts?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I didn't actually, since transportation passing though/over parks is nothing new with the monorail at Disneyland and at Epcot. Plus the skyline will be passing directly over Carribbean Beach Resort, so it's definitely possible.
I should reiterate; passing over Sunset Blvd and in front of Tower. Not even Disney would make such a thematic mistake.

Besides, like I said, it's a moot point. Gondola won't be doing this.

matt9112

I should reiterate; passing over Sunset Blvd and in front of Tower. Not even Disney would make such a thematic mistake.

Besides, like I said, it's a moot point. Gondola won't be doing this.

there really isn't any "economical" way to add options to AK is there?

trainplane3

You think they could build a walkway from DAK to AKL. I love the fact that I can walk to DHS and EPCOT from the EPCOT resorts.
That and it would let them lessen the amount of buses needed for such a small route. I'm sure they don't have many running it but they could reduce it from a 20 minute dispatch to 30 minute. Just taking a guess since WDW is very money tight. Being able to walk to AK would give me another reason to try out AKL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom