News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
I assume every one needs to be tested on the lines? How long will that take? For real, no jokes.

Not sure about Disney specific standards. I can tell you that at another park, when opening new attractions, test vehicles (one) must “pass” initial testing. Then all other ride vehicles are “cycled” for a minimum set length of time (48 hrs, 72 hrs etc). Not necessarily in one operation or long test, but typically broken down over series of a couple long days. Then of course training has to happen which again depending on standards, may or may not be partially conducted during “testing” phase as opeartors / CMs are often needed to cycle vehicles in a true test. Our testing normally required every restraint system, gates etc to open and close with each cycle.

iowamomof4

Don’t shoot the messenger. ;)

They could’ve been able to make up some ground somewhere in production. We still don’t have all the cabins on site anyways.

Sure about that? There are 50 more cabins sitting over at the staging area near AoA/Pop as of this morning. I don't know how many more we're waiting on, but I would think we're getting close to having all of them on property now.

flynnibus

Premium Member
13-15 second cabin separation in that last video... for those keeping an eye on that all important capacity debate :)

Edit: of course this isn't necessarily what will be done in normal operations.. but it gives you an idea of what that volume looks like.. 15 secs = 4 cabins a min, 240 cabins an hour.. if 6 ppl.. that's just 1440 per hour.. 1920 if 8 average.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom