News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

HansGruber

Florida is NOT the lightning capital of the world, and that's only the first thing you have wrong in your statement. Rich said it pretty well. It is not just his opinion.
OK, fine I'll amend my statement; Florida is the lightning capital of the United States.

My apologies for insinuating that Disney World is in Rwanda. Disney World is NOT in Rwanda.

Now that all this confusion has been cleared up...how exactly does that change my point?

HansGruber

You mean like the ferryboats, the Friendship boats, the trams.....
Because it's not economical to install A/C in them. Which was clearly stated in my original post.
So, back to my original question, if A/C isn't a concern for visitors, why is A/C installed in every monorail car and bus?

lazyboy97o

Because it's not economical to install A/C in them. Which was clearly stated in my original post.
So, back to my original question, if A/C isn't a concern for visitors, why is A/C installed in every monorail car and bus?
Different designs and power supply. The monorails are worse then the gondolas when they stop. That is a fact no matter how much you want to claim it is a difference of personal opinion.

nickys

Premium Member
Because it's not economical to install A/C in them.

So it’s OK that the boats and teams don’t have a/c because it’s not economical to install it.

But the fact that the a/c won’t be effective in the Skyliner, and therefore it will not be economical to install it, is not a good enough reason for them not to install it?

Please explain the logic of this.

HansGruber

Again, I'm guessing you've not been on it. Its quite comfy in to weather. And yes, the gondolas, along with boats and monorails shut down in storms (along with all the outdoor attractions). So not sure what your point was there either.

I've yet to hear anyone who has rode it complain its soooo hot in there. Then again, I guess its your opinion that its hot, even though you've not been on it. Thats what's called an uninformed opinion.

I didn't realize you rode the thing in the hottest of summer months. I thought the thing opened at the end of September?!

Yes, I would agree that your opinion would have been "informed" had you ridden the thing in the middle of July. But you didn't. So please educate me as to how your opinion is in any way informed for the discussion at hand!

Heppenheimer

I would like my own personal portable AC unit to accompany me everywhere I go in hot weather, but as an adult, I understand that such a set-up would have severe drawbacks and might not even be technically feasible. I like having AC in my car, though, where it has long been established as a feasible technology. It's nice when you get it.

PS- I have not ridden the Disney Skyliner, but I have ridden a gondola on a blazingly hot day in Italy. I don't remember being particularly uncomfortable.

HansGruber

So it’s OK that the boats and teams don’t have a/c because it’s not economical to install it.

But the fact that the a/c won’t be effective in the Skyliner, and therefore it will not be economical to install it, is not a good enough reason for them not to install it?

Please explain the logic of this.

Boats and trams aren't permanent structures. A gondola is. They will never be able to add A/C to it nor be able to run it in a lightning storm.

My entire point being that perhaps a gondola wasn't the best choice given the above limitations.

trainplane3

I didn't realize you rode the thing in the hottest of summer months. I thought the thing opened at the end of September?!

Yes, I would agree that your opinion would have been "informed" had you ridden the thing in the middle of July. But you didn't. So please educate me as to how your opinion is in any way informed for the discussion at hand!
I rode it on a 90F+ day. It was super comfortable while in motion. It felt much better then being in a Monorail with a busted A/C unit, trust me. The breeze going through it seriously felt great, in motion. I wouldn't hesitate to ride it on an even hotter day, if it stays in motion.

Now when it stopped it did get warm. We sat still for about 3 minutes and while it did have good ventilation, I wouldn't want to be stuck in it for an hour on a 100F+ day.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

94 degrees in September is the same temperature as it is in July. The next question will be... What weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of lead.

Disstevefan1

Constants in life - Death, Taxes, and ever growing threads about the WDW Skyway.. It is fun to read folks arguing about the Skyway 😀 I cant wait till Space Ship Earth re opens after its rehab, that’s going to be a fun thread to read😀

natatomic

Twitter says Epcot line down again...I’m heading there in a little bit from pop so I’ll see whats up.

edit. They’re not running Epcot line.
Apparently it went down at 4:15, and it’s still down. I’m currently hanging around IG waiting it out, but I might end up walking to Studios if it takes too long.

Last edited:

Clamman73

This could be a video too.
428CC6D6-8EBD-45AC-A721-927C6F0B1A7C.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom