New Generic Option - Costume Shortage

Disstevefan1

Not a biggie to us but when the hotel room bedsheets and used towels were changed daily back in the day during out stay and is now no longer. That surely was a huge cost savings to wash, dry , purchase product in the long run.
See? Experts. Who need clean sheets and towels anyway?!??

twilight mitsuk

You learn something new everyday..
I had no idea the went through costumes so fast for whatever reason!!
I am SUPER surprised they are mostly back to pre covid levels of staff!!

Who knows, maybe WDW will go to generic costuming resort wide and blame that on COVID too.

In any event, WDW has a lot more wrong with it than CMs wearing the wrong costume for the area they work..
Just like six flags, cedar fair, sea world parks, etc

monorail81

What? Most CMs return their costumes once a week and get a fresh batch in the same size (but not specific to them). So any particular costume piece has probably been worn by a dozen or more CMs in the last year alone.
Once a week? Ha! Once I found a comfortable costume piece I kept it until it was worn out. I washed my own costumes once they started allowing us to take them home. Comfort was more important than having them launder the costumes with those uncomfortable things!

Brian

Once a week? Ha! Once I found a comfortable costume piece I kept it until it was worn out. I washed my own costumes once they started allowing us to take them home. Comfort was more important than having them launder the costumes with those uncomfortable things!
I'm with you. Besides, the more you return them, the more likely it is they'll run out of your size and you end up having to wear something baggy.

Lilofan

I never understood when in the parks we noticed that cast either wore socks or no socks at all while wearing company issued shorts. This was pre covid .

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Seeing how things are just hitting the fan...Next thing will be the One Park, One Uniform guideline for Disney similar to Six Flags..
hiring.jpg
I like it. More timeless, more family, more Disney!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
That’s MK costuming. Where MK cast members check out and return their costumes. Each park has one. There’s also many other locations servicing Disney Springs and resorts.

The facility being discussed is where operational and entertainment costumes are designed, created and repaired
I thought MK costuming was in the Utilidors... at least back in the early '90's...

Brian

I never got to go on that MK tunnel guest tours back in the day. One perhaps could see a half dressed Mickey?
Not sure about way back when, but as of late, half dressed Mickey and Co. ("fur characters") are not supposed to show themselves backstage like that too far beyond their performance location. They have changing areas in a number of places around the parks, including at the permanent meet and greets.

In my years working operations, I could count on one hand the number of times I saw a fur character without their head.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Not sure about way back when, but as of late, half dressed Mickey and Co. ("fur characters") are not supposed to show themselves backstage like that too far beyond their performance location. They have changing areas in a number of places around the parks, including at the permanent meet and greets.
That makes sense now. Also at DHS during Super Soap ABC weekend in the middle of the park walking to Great Movie Ride there were a few female cast members dressed in shorts and t shirts all between 4 foot 5' to 5 ft tall all carrying on their shoulders huge bags of stuff. I think those might have been their character costumes.

Brian

That makes sense now. Also at DHS during Super Soap ABC weekend in the middle of the park walking to Great Movie Ride there were a few female cast members dressed in shorts and t shirts all between 4 foot 5' to 5 ft tall all carrying on their shoulders huge bags of stuff. I think those might have been their character costumes.
Yes, the grey t-shirt and grey or black shorts are known as "basics" and are required to be worn underneath character costumes, for obvious reasons.

Animated GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom