New gastropub to replace Captain's Grille at Disney's Yacht Club

COProgressFan

Disney always does a great job with the opening day menus in restaurants.

Then the chicken finger eaters come...

And the bread service disappears....and the prices go up by a dollar or two after a few weeks...and another few dollars a few months later...and the portions get just a little bit smaller...

jakeman

LOL. Do you think this will really happen at this restaurant?
Hopefully not, but there is a track record of Disney opening restaurants with ambitious menus then "dumbing them down" for whatever reason.

Sanaa seems to be the only one spared this trend over the years.

ABQ

Hopefully not, but there is a track record of Disney opening restaurants with ambitious menus then "dumbing them down" for whatever reason.

Sanaa seems to be the only one spared this trend over the years.
Don't think you can get chicken fingers at Jiko.....yet
But my mistake, this is Captain's Grill not, Yachtsman's. So not apples to apples.

jakeman

Don't think you can get chicken fingers at Jiko.....yet
But my mistake, this is Captain's Grill not, Yachtsman's. So not apples to apples.
Yeah, I do stand mildly corrected. The DAK Lodge area seems to be spared (with the exception of Mara).

Flynnwriter

I can hear it now, “could I get the stone grain, walnut, carrow wheat pancakes with the organic pomegranate purée, withoutout the stone grain, carrow wheat, and can I have blue berries and maple syrup instead of the organic pomegranate purée? I’d really like buttermilk pancakes with blueberries.”

Disney, why is it feeling like someone who hates Disney in charge of the de-Disneyfication of the Yacht Club?

ABQ

I can hear it now, “could I get the stone grain, walnut, carrow wheat pancakes with the organic pomegranate purée, withoutout the stone grain, carrow wheat, and can I have blue berries and maple syrup instead of the organic pomegranate purée? I’d really like buttermilk pancakes with blueberries.”

Disney, why is it feeling like someone who hates Disney in charge of the de-Disneyfication of the Yacht Club?
Just wait till you see Purina Pro Plan on the Canine menu.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Menu looks good. I just wish Disney restaurants would get away from the generic Disney cocktails and start offering things unique to each location. I didn't even see any cocktails on the menu here.
here you go

Manhattan
Straight Rye Whiskey, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, and Angostura Bitters
$11.25

Seaworthy Breeze
Yacht Club Vodka with Grapefruit and Cranberry Juices
$10.00

The Big Apple
Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Crisp Apple Purée, and Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
$11.25

Spicy Pomegranate Margarita
El Mayor Blanco Tequila, Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur, Pomegranate Juice, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lime Juice
$11.25

Maple Old Fashioned
Jim Beam Black Extra-aged Bourbon, Maple Syrup, Orange Juice, and Angostura Bitters
$10.25

Purple Mariner
Hendrick’s Gin, Crème de Violette, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lemon Juice topped with Soda Water
$11.25

durangojim

here you go

Manhattan
Straight Rye Whiskey, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, and Angostura Bitters
$11.25

Seaworthy Breeze
Yacht Club Vodka with Grapefruit and Cranberry Juices
$10.00

The Big Apple
Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Crisp Apple Purée, and Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
$11.25

Spicy Pomegranate Margarita
El Mayor Blanco Tequila, Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur, Pomegranate Juice, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lime Juice
$11.25

Maple Old Fashioned
Jim Beam Black Extra-aged Bourbon, Maple Syrup, Orange Juice, and Angostura Bitters
$10.25

Purple Mariner
Hendrick’s Gin, Crème de Violette, Simple Syrup, and fresh Lemon Juice topped with Soda Water
$11.25

Looks great! thanks!

Figment82

They had me at cornbread waffle! :inlove:

I’ll dearly miss my blackened fish BLT, but the new menu looks pretty good. Can’t wait to give it a try. Captain’s Grille and Yacht Club Galley were big favorites of ours, so I hope the Ale & Compass keeps the tradition going.

njDizFan

Really nice menu, good vegetarian options and diversified breakfast items...bravo!

Beer menu is decent and they have a few brown liquor specialty drinks, good job all around.

Interior still ugh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom