News New 'Forces of Nature' acrobatic show debuts at EPCOT

Sir_Cliff

It's getting a lot of hate on Twitter. "This doesn't belong in Epcot! "
Other than exactly what was there during the first decade or so of its existence, no-one seems to be able to explain what does actually belong in Epcot.

In general, I like at least the idea behind this show. Nice to have some original live entertainment and not just characters meeting and greeting or swaying along to pre-recorded music.

pigglewiggle

I do like this. It's weird, it's fun, and it's something I stop and watch as I cross the park. Nice win-win that we could use more of.

Agree. It's happily weird. Fun.

Just wondering what they will during other seasons/festivals. Would they use that structure in a different way, or just totally different entertainment?

DCBaker

Premium Member
One of the performers shared this piece of concept rendering on Instagram.

IMG_3675.jpg

jeanericuser001

When I first saw this I thought it might be a hold over from the early plans for pixie hollow at Magic kingdom. She almost looks like tinkerbell and those do seem like pixie outfits. It almost seems like something you would see in a 1920s burlesque show.

TrainsOfDisney

Oh my heavens no, it's fine..But why are they complaining about acrobats in front of the park I was just referencing that there were shows like this in other parts of Epcot way before this...
Oh I see! Yes I agree. And also… I guess this makes me feel really old but they used to have acrobats performing in front of the fountain daily - that got cut many years ago.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
It's getting a lot of hate on Twitter. "This doesn't belong in Epcot! "

But it's a nice little piece of streetmosphere and hear me out. Remember when Epcot used to have circus days? Never went but from pics I always felt like that was cheapening Epcot's vibe. I feel this blends in much better to the current Epcot then the circus days did with the old Epcot. Same kind of thing but it's the right scale, a streetmosphere scale, and not something that's trying to be a spectacular / reason to draw you into the park.
Spot on! Would I make a special visit just to see this talented group? Nope. But would I stop and enjoy them if I happened to be in the area when they perform? Absolutely. That's the whole point of streetmosphere. I'm just annoyed it started the day after we left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom