New flyover animations on My Disney Experience

note2001

Keep on spending $$$ on useless MM+

Sorry, MDE

It's not just for MM+.
The primary focus is for web marketing. The website has needed upgrades to the resort imagery for some time. I'm wondering how long it will take them to upgrade the pics to show the upgrades to VWL rooms.

MissM

Are we really at the point where 3D modeling is cheaper than flying a plane and camera around? LOL I think it's a neat idea, I just find it funny they went graphics rather than actual photos. (Given that they exist and are not previews or sneak peeks for example.)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
It's not just for MM+.
The primary focus is for web marketing. The website has needed upgrades to the resort imagery for some time. I'm wondering how long it will take them to upgrade the pics to show the upgrades to VWL rooms.

As my home resort, I'd love to see the pics of the upgraded rooms in the Villas. I've only found 2 on-line.

mickey2008.1

Are we really at the point where 3D modeling is cheaper than flying a plane and camera around? LOL I think it's a neat idea, I just find it funny they went graphics rather than actual photos. (Given that they exist and are not previews or sneak peeks for example.)
I agree, real pictures can do more than 3D graphics. Many websites have the 360 views of the rooms, lobbies, pools. But why does WDW not? Some fake animation does not represent what it really is. I think the graphics are cool looking, but you need to have the real pictures to actually show what it really looks like, otherwise its like looking at a lego model.

NowInc

..seeing how the 3D models for the ENTIRE RESORT are already done (and have been for quite some time I might add..and yes..I have PERSONALLY seen them), this is by far not a "huge waste of money". They have the models for use for many many many things, not limited to promotional items. Things such as "blue sky" ideas get visualized into the 3D models to see how they would fit. Its how we got such things as the virtual ride throughs of the mine train. To simply add a 3D camera inside the already existing models, and then do a flyover animation is in fact WAY cheaper than flying a copter overhead (and far less distracting). Not to mention a virtual camera can move in ways physically impossible in the real world.

...But go ahead..keep blaming MM+....

habuma

And again I ask, why oh why were the 3D models removed from Google Earth??? The models in these flyovers look more detailed and advanced than what used to be on Google Earth, but I bet there's a way to get them into Google Earth (even if they're less detailed after the transition). At very least put back the old 3D models.

I'd love to be able to virtually visit WDW and DL. Like the flyovers, but *I* get to drive and even walk right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A. I used to enjoy that with Google Earth, but no more.

In short: I like the flyovers...I just wish I was driving.

Tom

Beta Return
..seeing how the 3D models for the ENTIRE RESORT are already done (and have been for quite some time I might add..and yes..I have PERSONALLY seen them), this is by far not a "huge waste of money". They have the models for use for many many many things, not limited to promotional items. Things such as "blue sky" ideas get visualized into the 3D models to see how they would fit. Its how we got such things as the virtual ride throughs of the mine train. To simply add a 3D camera inside the already existing models, and then do a flyover animation is in fact WAY cheaper than flying a copter overhead (and far less distracting). Not to mention a virtual camera can move in ways physically impossible in the real world.

Nicely put!

wannabeBelle

Great info NowInc, Thanks for the insight!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom