New Float

Gorjus

Original Poster
There is a new float in the parade staging area at MK. It is a riverboat. No clue what it is for or when it will be used. But it is there none the less.

TheDisneyMagic

I heard of this a few days ago, I heard it was going to be used in the Christmas Parade later this year. I don't have factual evidence of it though.

GiveMeTheMusic

POD isn't coming to WDW unless some big changes happen. Like a new float warehouse.

Glad to see they're freshening the Christmas parade!

Rob562

Is this the riverboat in question?

100_1954.jpg

If someone is relatively new to the Magic Kingdom and it wasn't in last year's Christmas Parade, it might seem new to them. It's been in the Christmas Parade at least since 1998, when I first started going to MVMCP. (Though I haven't been to the Party since 2004).

-Rob

COProgressFan

Is this the riverboat in question?

100_1954.jpg

If someone is relatively new to the Magic Kingdom and it wasn't in last year's Christmas Parade, it might seem new to them. It's been in the Christmas Parade at least since 1998, when I first started going to MVMCP. (Though I haven't been to the Party since 2004).

-Rob

If memory serves me, the riverboat float actually dates back to the late 1980's.

CoP

Gorjus

Original Poster
While being a constant guest of WDW for many years, I've never attended the Christmas or Halloween parties. My first experience was working the parties last year. So I wouldn't know if that float was in the parades before. It does look similar to what I saw backstage. Do you have more of a side view of the float?

hokielutz

I think I remember seeing this float in the parade from 2 years ago....

but then again I could have been dreaming.... I will need to go back and look at the MVMCP parade footage I shot in 2006.

disney9752

dont know if its the same float, if so it is indeed about 20 years old now, kinda like the castle float in the daytime parade, i think the 15th anniversary is when that first popped up..:brick:

SGT623

It's the same float, it missed last years Christmas Parade, but was in the year before. It has been used for other parades before over the years though. it is HUGE

tirian

It's the same float, it missed last years Christmas Parade, but was in the year before. It has been used for other parades before over the years though. it is HUGE

It's one of my favorite floats, especially considering the live band, dancers, Song of the South characters, and bubbles. An oldie but goodie.

Does anybody know what happened to the old pirate ship float? I remember it from the Christmas parades when I was young.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom