New Fireworks for MNSSHP and MVMCP 2019

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
A little nugget for you all: the good news? New firework spectaculars are under consideration for 2019’s parties. The potential bad news (depending on your perspective), is that they’d be updates to HEA. I’m unsure of how significantly different Haunted Ever After and Holiday Ever After would be from the existing show or how we would wrap our minds around two new shows with the same HEA acronym.

Instructions were sent to the website folks to change wording on the MNSSHP page and, later in December, to the MVMCP page to be noncommittal on entertainment. “Entertainment may include...”.

Kudos to those who demanded refunds after paying $125 to see ancient fireworks that are less impressive than the ones shown to the poor people who only had a day ticket the night before.

Last edited:

THE Monorail Lime

A little nugget for you all: the good news? New firework spectaculars are under consideration for 2019’s parties. The potential bad news (depending on your perspective), is that they’d be updates to HEA. I’m unsure of how significantly different Haunted Ever After and Holiday Ever After would be from the existing show or how we would wrap our minds around two new shows with the same HEA acronym.

Instructions were sent to the website folks to change wording on the MNSSHP page and, later in December, to the MVMCP page to be noncommittal on entertainment. “Entertainment may include...”.

Kudos to those who demanded refunds after paying $125 to see ancient fireworks that are less impressive than the ones shown to the poor people who only had a day ticket the night before.

Heck yes, I love the event fireworks but they need an update

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The mosh pit is due to the crowds not the show. Any new party offering will have the same crowd levels currently seen for hallowishes.
But with only 1 optimal viewing area for the new show it is still going to be crazy come showtime.
I have seen how bad it was for the Sanderson sisters show on a quietish party night.

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Nah... it’s better
Guest reviews are similar to Wishes, but that's fine. Both receive spectacular guest reviews.

Hallowishes and Holiday Wishes, however, are receiving complaints from party guests this year. Apparently it only took 18 months for guests to realize that the "free" show was more impressive than the marked-up one. HEA style aside (obviously any new shows would be appropriately-Halloweeny and Christmasy), the projections, lasers, synchrolites, and longer run-time are noticable to the average guest.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Yeah I think there is no getting around the fact that those two party shows have to be updated for 2019. It really should have be done already.

WDW Monorail

Imagine if Happily Ever After is performed during the Christmas Party with no changes other than perimeter fireworks in the finale? That would have never happened 15 years ago with Wishes

peter11435

I disagree. Both shows you only get the full effect in front of the castle.
Yes but HEA you get the full effect from anywhere in the hub and down most of Main Street.

You need to be much closer to the castle for the stage show. Really anything much further than the partners statue is too far to see the stage.

peter11435

Imagine if Happily Ever After is performed during the Christmas Party with no changes other than perimeter fireworks in the finale? That would have never happened 15 years ago with Wishes
Actually that’s exactly what would have happened. For the first several years of the Halloween parties they presented Fantasy in Sky fireworks with a modified ending. The completly custom show didn’t arrive until 2004 I believe.

Dr. Falls

It's because they are still DESPERATELY trying to push the notion that HEA isn't a true fireworks show. Well I've got news for the poor souls who hate the greatest show Disney has ever created, go watch it from the Polynesian. Then for giggles watch one of the party shows from that same vantage.

You will see that HEA is literally the biggest pyro show ever at the park. I loved it even more from that vantage point, projections or not. So just ignore the critics, they're only crying for attention

I disagree with HEA being the biggest pyro show ever. I've watched it, and Fantasy in the Sky from the Polynesian, and HEA's fireworks don't even begin to compare to FitS.

I like HEA - not as much as Wishes, because that was such a large part of my childhood and it's a more emotional show for me - but enough that I'll brave the crowds. But it's just disingenuous to pretend that HEA has the best fireworks WDW has ever offered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom