New Fireworks for MNSSHP and MVMCP 2019

TOCPE82

@wdwmagic It will most likely be a tag, similar to Illuminations, or like they did with celebrate the magic
That is a bummer. If people are paying big bucks for a party ticket, they deserve a completely unique show. No reason they can't do that with different audio and projection, and similar pyro.

ABQ

It's because they are still DESPERATELY trying to push the notion that HEA isn't a true fireworks show. Well I've got news for the poor souls who hate the greatest show Disney has ever created, go watch it from the Polynesian. Then for giggles watch one of the party shows from that same vantage.

You will see that HEA is literally the biggest pyro show ever at the park. I loved it even more from that vantage point, projections or not. So just ignore the critics, they're only crying for attention
Better yet, watch it from a pontoon boat. That was the best money spent for a family of 5.

The Pho

Not sure why people say you need to watch HEA in front of the castle. Yes you miss the projections, but some of my favorite viewing places are from Fantasyland. The fireworks are impressive by themselves that you don’t need to watch from in front imo.

Because as you stated you miss the projections, and that is half of the show. They limited the viewing area for the full experience, compared to the previous show. Its still easily enjoyable from other areas but you miss out on crucial show elements.

spectromagic04

Because as you stated you miss the projections, and that is half of the show. They limited the viewing area for the full experience, compared to the previous show. Its still easily enjoyable from other areas but you miss out on crucial show elements.
Thing is I feel you don’t need the projections to enjoy the show. I usually get a better experience watching behind the carousel or by Gaston’s Tavern. Just my opinion though

peter11435

I disagree with HEA being the biggest pyro show ever. I've watched it, and Fantasy in the Sky from the Polynesian, and HEA's fireworks don't even begin to compare to FitS.

I like HEA - not as much as Wishes, because that was such a large part of my childhood and it's a more emotional show for me - but enough that I'll brave the crowds. But it's just disingenuous to pretend that HEA has the best fireworks WDW has ever offered.
It depends how and what your are measuring. HEA is significantly longer and has more pyro than either Wishes or FiTS. HEA is about double the length of FiTS.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Thing is I feel you don’t need the projections to enjoy the show. I usually get a better experience watching behind the carousel or by Gaston’s Tavern. Just my opinion though
I don't feel you need the projections to enjoy HEA either... They add an element to the show just as the projections in wishes adds an element, but in neither case is it necessary to enjoy the show. The pyro in HEA is spectacular.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I disagree with HEA being the biggest pyro show ever. I've watched it, and Fantasy in the Sky from the Polynesian, and HEA's fireworks don't even begin to compare to FitS.

I like HEA - not as much as Wishes, because that was such a large part of my childhood and it's a more emotional show for me - but enough that I'll brave the crowds. But it's just disingenuous to pretend that HEA has the best fireworks WDW has ever offered.
What criteria are you using? HEA:
  • Is longer
  • Uses more shells by a pretty substantial amount
  • Uses more advanced shells

tissandtully

I love Hallowishes, but I only really watch it from Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower, which is a really great way to watch it. The Christmas fireworks show can go away as fast as possible as far as I'm concerned, it's not that great. We really like HEA though.

The Pho

You had to see the castle for the full Wishes experience also.
The best view of Wishes was from the front of the castle and the show framed around the castle, but you did not need to see the front of the castle. If you stood behind the castle, or watched from around the Seven Seas Lagoon resorts you could still see the entire show easily. With the new show, you miss out on the projections if you don't stand in front of the castle.

Like I said, its easily enjoyable from other places, but you still miss out on elements. I really like the show, its great, but I'd say its far from my favorite from Disney (and that has less to do with the fireworks and more with the using of the boring singing voices they stick all over). Still say that Symphony in the Stars holds that spot for me, and one of the old ESPN the Weekend shows is close (and I'm pretty sure had the most fireworks I've ever seen).

peter11435

The best view of Wishes was from the front of the castle and the show framed around the castle, but you did not need to see the front of the castle. If you stood behind the castle, or watched from around the Seven Seas Lagoon resorts you could still see the entire show easily. With the new show, you miss out on the projections if you don't stand in front of the castle.

Like I said, its easily enjoyable from other places, but you still miss out on elements. I really like the show, its great, but I'd say its far from my favorite from Disney. Still say that Symphony in the Stars holds that spot for me, and one of the old ESPN the Weekend shows is close (and I'm pretty sure had the most fireworks I've ever seen).
If you didn’t see the front of the castle during Wishes you were also missing elements.

You could watch Wishes from anywhere in the park and just see fireworks set to music. If that’s all you want you can watch HEA from anywhere in the park and see fireworks set to music with better product and more of it.

Kman101

A little nugget for you all: the good news? New firework spectaculars are under consideration for 2019’s parties. The potential bad news (depending on your perspective), is that they’d be updates to HEA. I’m unsure of how significantly different Haunted Ever After and Holiday Ever After would be from the existing show or how we would wrap our minds around two new shows with the same HEA acronym.

Instructions were sent to the website folks to change wording on the MNSSHP page and, later in December, to the MVMCP page to be noncommittal on entertainment. “Entertainment may include...”.

Kudos to those who demanded refunds after paying $125 to see ancient fireworks that are less impressive than the ones shown to the poor people who only had a day ticket the night before.

I'm just glad people are speaking up.

But of course it's a double-edged sword, so to speak.

Kman101

If you didn’t see the front of the castle during Wishes you were also missing elements.

You could watch Wishes from anywhere in the park and just see fireworks set to music. If that’s all you want you can watch HEA from anywhere in the park and see fireworks set to music with better product and more of it.

As someone who's watched HEA elsewhere, it's still a fantastic fireworks show, but to each their own I suppose.

Kman101

No it isn't. What's disingenuous is for you to have the audacity to claim Wishes was better when it is a proven fact it isn't. I swear people like you make me sick. This is why we never get great things at WDW because fans like you become too attached to crap and we end up having nighttime spectaculars that run for two decades. Its infuriating.

The argument about fireworks in the show is tired. It's more than Wishes. I know many liked Wishes better and that's fine but let's stop pretending HEA is a downgrade. All someone has to say is "it isn't for me" ... is it that hard?

I know this is CRAZY but it's possible to actually like both and appreciate them for what they were/are :) I loved Wishes (but I didn't develop a nostalgic attachment that makes it hard to say goodbye to it - and I understand it's a show that people watched in a lot of happy moments in their life and it holds good memories, but we can't keep a 15 year old show because we have good memories of it) but I LOVE HEA too. To each their own and all.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The argument about fireworks in the show is tired. It's more than Wishes. I know many liked Wishes better and that's fine but let's stop pretending HEA is a downgrade. All someone has to say is "it isn't for me" ... is it that hard?

I know this is CRAZY but it's possible to actually like both and appreciate them for what they were/are :) I loved Wishes (but I didn't develop a nostalgic attachment that makes it hard to say goodbye to it - and I understand it's a show that people watched in a lot of happy moments in their life and it holds good memories, but we can't keep a 15 year old show because we have good memories of it) but I LOVE HEA too. To each their own and all.
2aag0t.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom