New festival coming to Epcot in 2014

LizC

This has been green-lit.

The festival will have a technology theme so presumably will not be located around the World Showcase Lagoon.

This sounds awesome! I always have such a great time at the Epcot Festivals. I will be in WDW Jan/Feb 2014, it would be amazing if I got to experience something new!

Thanks for the heads up, feel free to share any more info as you get it. ;)

SirLink

That's a really depressing way of looking at it. If it were that simple there never would have been any corporate sponsorship and Epcot would never have existed.

Or one could say the same about "Why a veggy juice company sponsors Pooh's Hunny Hunt" that promotes a Disney IP ... :eek:.

So through reading this thread it looks like Disney wants to create CES for the public at the same time CES is going on ... so cutting edge tech being shown off then ... pretty much nil ... seems like another mypoic decision.

Zman-ks

Another festival? Yikes!:eek:
75.gif

lol...c'mon...whats one more. :p

Goofnut1980

Google's involvement might be interesting, since Disney of late (at least until Steve Jobs passed away) has had such a relationship with Apple, and, of course, Apple and Google are far from friendly.

Wouldn't it be great to see two evil companies unite as one to make an amazing product and show the people of Earth, World Peace (at least between those two)

Didn't a big dreamer, we all know, once say this:
“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

Come on Google and Apple, step up already!

bhg469

Google or Ted would be amazing news. Google is always coming up with great technology and there isn't a more fun company around. Ted can cover so much of what epcot is about though, there is really no topic that is not relevant to Ted. The possibilities are endless and Im a huge nerd, either way I WIN!!!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Seeing that the Flower and Garden has ramped up its food and beverage component, I am now fully expecting the Android Dessert Bar. ;)

And the server/bartender would be the Horizons butler robot. Or maybe R2-D2 outfitted as he was on Jabba's barge!

ToTBellHop

So what wine and food are they going to pair with it? Seems like all the other festivals now have alcohol and food with it.
Well, not for nothing, most festivals in the real world do have food and wine, so it's not really surprising. I for one am happy with the new food offerings as part of Flower and Garden...

scpergj

So what wine and food are they going to pair with it? Seems like all the other festivals now have alcohol and food with it.

Red Bull and vodka. Or Monster mixed with something....
You know, like geeks drink at LAN parties (not that I'd know ANYTHING about that...:D)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom