Announcement New features on the WDWMAGIC Forums

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, now that we've got that sorted, is there a way to make the mobile website default on my phone but still keep the classic blue liquid on my PC? (Yes, I realize I'm asking you if I can break things again, and I'm sorry for being a squeaky wheel this morning).
Yes you should be able to choose a non-standard style on the PC, and then when you go on the iPhone you will see the Mobile site.

Sweet Melissa

On the PC use the lower left to choose your style, then on the mobile choose 'Use default style'.
That didn't work. After I chose the default style on my mobile, it changed it on my PC too.

I really appreciate that you're continuing to support liquid width settings, by the way. It seems like more and more websites are using fixed widths, and all that extra space drives me crazy.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That didn't work. After I chose the default style on my mobile, it changed it on my PC too.

I really appreciate that you're continuing to support liquid width settings, by the way. It seems like more and more websites are using fixed widths, and all that extra space drives me crazy.
There is something strange going on with your account/setup somewhere. I've got three iPhones testing this out, and the iPhone is always displaying the mobile edition (unless you change it on the iPhone), regardless of what the desktop is showing. I can't reproduce what you have there. I'll do some more testing. In the meantime, the only thing I can thing of at your end is to log off on both, and then delete the cookies on the desktop and the iPhone.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

OK some progress. I have reproduced your problem. It occurs if you make a style change on the phone. Once you make a style change on the phone, it is then staying in sync with whatever you have set on the PC. To fix this, delete the cookie on the iPhone, and do not make a change to the style on the iPhone. You can then set a style on the PC, and the two will not sync.

Sweet Melissa

OK some progress. I have reproduced your problem. It occurs if you make a style change on the phone. Once you make a style change on the phone, it is then staying in sync with whatever you have set on the PC. To fix this, delete the cookie on the iPhone, and do not make a change to the style on the iPhone. You can then set a style on the PC, and the two will not sync.
Thank you!

JimboJones123

After clicking reply, the page always zooms to the top instead of down to the reply box.

Plus, it is reading my typing really slow.

I'll keep playing with it, but it is bogging down the experience.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
After clicking reply, the page always zooms to the top instead of down to the reply box.

Plus, it is reading my typing really slow.

I'll keep playing with it, but it is bogging down the experience.
Yep I can reproduce that on the S3 in a simulator (I don't have an actual S3 to try it on). If you begin typing as soon as the keyboard appears it does put you into the editor, and you do not have to manually scroll to it.

Do you have an alternative browser on there such as Chrome? If so I would be interested to see if you have the same issue.

lazyboy97o

I am having a similar issue (I think) on my iPhone 4S running Chrome on iOS 7 Beta 3. My phone scrolls to the top of the editor so I cannot see the text field where I am actually typing. If I scroll down the view is moved up as soon as I type. This is in both the initial reply box and if I edit a post. This may just be Chrome and iOS 7 not getting along but this was not happening before.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am having a similar issue (I think) on my iPhone 4S running Chrome on iOS 7 Beta 3. My phone scrolls to the top of the editor so I cannot see the text field where I am actually typing. If I scroll down the view is moved up as soon as I type. This is in both the initial reply box and if I edit a post. This may just be Chrome and iOS 7 not getting along but this was not happening before.
Yep I can reproduce this on iOS6 with Chrome.

Crazydisneyfanluke

Im on the Galaxy S II and when i log into the mobile site, i do not get alerts. when i check the main website on my pc, the alerts show. Is there a way to fix this?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Im on the Galaxy S II and when i log into the mobile site, i do not get alerts. when i check the main website on my pc, the alerts show. Is there a way to fix this?
I have just tested on the Galaxy SII and I am seeing alerts. What browser are you using? Also try logging off and back on.
galaxys2.jpg

CrazyDisneyFan

Im using the basic web app. I just logged in and out, nothing. So far all the other features work fine.
Is there a feature where i can upload pictures from my phone? If not, i think that would a good suggeation. Im not the best tech person so its hard for me to figure away out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Im using the basic web app. I just logged in and out, nothing. So far all the other features work fine.
Is there a feature where i can upload pictures from my phone? If not, i think that would a good suggeation. Im not the best tech person so its hard for me to figure away out.
I can't reproduce that problem at this end unfortunately.

Yes you can upload photos from your phone, but it requires you to be a WDWMAGIC Premium Member - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/account/upgrades

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom