New Fantasyland Expansion Video

WDWFREAK53

That's funny...my company is having me start up a B.I.M. division.

Right now we're using a program called Revit from Autodesk (along with Navisworks for clash detection).

It's a really cool program because you can implement a schedule into the model so you can pick a date on the schedule, and the model will "construct itself" on a timeline so you can see how much will be built on any given day.

Personally, I prefer to model in Inventor (another Autodesk program) but for walkthroughs, and complete building models...you need something like Revit.

IlikeDW

Hey guys! Theres a new video that shows A LOT!!!! It shows BOG and TLM heres the vid! It's about the new technology they use to build their expansion but I like how we can see a bit more of the Expansion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE8PvsRqjkg&feature=player_embedded

:Wave: Enjoy

Also on WDWmagic HomePage from 5 days ago :animwink:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions...e-during-the-new-Fantasyland-construction.htm

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Videos.htm
currently third video over.

wilkeliza

That's funny...my company is having me start up a B.I.M. division.

Right now we're using a program called Revit from Autodesk (along with Navisworks for clash detection).

It's a really cool program because you can implement a schedule into the model so you can pick a date on the schedule, and the model will "construct itself" on a timeline so you can see how much will be built on any given day.

Personally, I prefer to model in Inventor (another Autodesk program) but for walkthroughs, and complete building models...you need something like Revit.

Do you know of any way to get student versions of these programs? I'm using Vectorworks because I'm getting my base degree in theatrical lighting but I figure if I want to make that jump to architecture lighting I should start learning other programs as well. I also know a little of autoCad.

WDWFREAK53

Do you know of any way to get student versions of these programs? I'm using Vectorworks because I'm getting my base degree in theatrical lighting but I figure if I want to make that jump to architecture lighting I should start learning other programs as well. I also know a little of autoCad.

These programs are extremely pricey. Your best bet would be to purchase a single seat from a reseller online.

Basically, Autodesk packages their licenses in seats of five. Companies only needing two seats will sell off their extra seats to a reseller. You'll get the program as a download but without any discs or books. Just the program and the license. The upside is that you get the program at a fraction of the cost.

wilkeliza

These programs are extremely pricey. Your best bet would be to purchase a single seat from a reseller online.

Basically, Autodesk packages their licenses in seats of five. Companies only needing two seats will sell off their extra seats to a reseller. You'll get the program as a download but without any discs or books. Just the program and the license. The upside is that you get the program at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks. I don't mind if I don't have the discs or books. When I got my student copy of Vectorworks they don't give you the books and with the newer versions there are no disks. I have been told that if I have knowledge of any of the programs it isn't so hard to start using one of the others it is just about learning the differences kinda like going between a Mac and a PC. I like Vectorworks because it works in both architecture and theatrical settings but I don't think there is a setting to see if anything might cause issues. I know with my lights I can turn them on in a virtual world and see if they hit any walls or cast any bad shadowing but I don't know about duct work and such.

ob1thx1138

Do you know Pro/Engineer is available as well for a discounted price?

WDWFREAK53

Do you know Pro/Engineer is available as well for a discounted price?

I'm not sure of what you're talking about. I'm only using ACAD 2012, ACAD Architecture, ACAD Mechanical, Inventor, Navisworks, and Revit.

Most, if not all, Autodesk products should be able to be found online from a reseller.

jjharvpro

It's a great video. I'm so glad that we're getting more frequent updates on New Fantasyland, and the progress of the project lately is just amazing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom