New Fantasyland Construction photos 1-8-12

Scuttle

Original Poster
A few photos of the expansion. The foundation for the Mine Train is really moving along as well as the walkway to Storybook Circus.

Attachments

• FLE 1-8-12 026.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 026.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 595
  • FLE 1-8-12 024.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 024.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 517
  • FLE 1-8-12 039.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 039.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 512
  • FLE 1-8-12 041.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 041.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 499
  • FLE 1-8-12 046.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 046.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 514
  • FLE 1-8-12 062.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 062.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 475
  • FLE 1-8-12 083.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 083.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 498
  • FLE 1-8-12 082.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 082.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 378
  • FLE 1-8-12 066.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 066.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 384
  • FLE 1-8-12 073.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 073.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 373
  • FLE 1-8-12 076.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 076.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 365
  • FLE 1-8-12 042.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 042.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 223

buzz_leedsyear

Thanks for those scuttle. I can't believe how much it has come on in the last couple of months. Hope some of it is open for our big trip in august! Keep up the good work!

estam

The painting of the roof is going along nicely, can't wait to see how far they will be next weekend.
Any photo's taken of the pathway to the new Dumbo?

jjharvpro

Thanks for the pictures, Scuttle!

Progress on FLE is moving very fast now, and I'm getting so excited for it..plus the fact that the first phases are opening up in about a month!!

alissafalco

Thanks Scuttle....Do you think that Dumbo, great goofini, and the train station will be open for 2/18/12 like they have said??

Unplugged

Is the roof of Dumbo's circus tent just getting painted or is it going to get an actual TENT eventually?

From all the photos, the roof is solid metal. It's possible they may cover it with a material other then typical roofing to make it appear to be a tent. However, watching the construction and viewing the shape, it won't be a tent as it is an actual structure with a formal roof.

I am curious to see what treatment it will get for the planned tent-like appearance.

ChristianG

Is the roof of Dumbo's circus tent just getting painted or is it going to get an actual TENT eventually?

The structure appears to be steel, so it's not going to be an actual tent. But they are probably going to put some cover on the outside that makes it look like a tent

jmick71

OMG, i just realized Dumbo will be closed tomorrow :cry:, i will miss flying by the castle, and more importantly, WE CANT GET GOOD SHOTS OVER THE WALL!

AT LEAST WERE MAKING PROGRESS ON NEW FANTASYLAND!!!!!:D

Ktcupcake11

These pictures are making me super excited! Can someone remind me when the Be Our Guest restaurant will be open and when we can start making reservations??

Thanks!!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
These pictures are making me super excited! Can someone remind me when the Be Our Guest restaurant will be open and when we can start making reservations??

Thanks!!!

All Disney has said is that it will open in Fall 2012. Dining reservations can normally be made 6 months ahead of time, but I doubt Disney will give that much notice of the actual opening date.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From all the photos, the roof is solid metal. It's possible they may cover it with a material other then typical roofing to make it appear to be a tent. However, watching the construction and viewing the shape, it won't be a tent as it is an actual structure with a formal roof.

I am curious to see what treatment it will get for the planned tent-like appearance.

The latest photos posted show they have painted the alternating color stripes on the roof, so it appears that is the final surface. I imagine they will put some sort of fringe hanging down around the edges of the roof to give it a more tent like apperance.

IWant2GoNow

In the final two pictures, is that rock work in the foreground new? And is that to be part of the SDMT or is that old and yet to be removed/replaced?

Scuttle

Original Poster
In the final two pictures, is that rock work in the foreground new? And is that to be part of the SDMT or is that old and yet to be removed/replaced?

Not sure what pictures you are talking about, but in this one you can see how far the walkway has been worked on and some of the rock work. The walkway is almost all the way into the entrance of Circus.

Attachments

• FLE 1-8-12 065.jpg
    FLE 1-8-12 065.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 131

estam

Not sure what pictures you are talking about, but in this one you can see how far the walkway has been worked on and some of the rock work. The walkway is almost all the way into the entrance of Circus.

With this picture I really like to see a updated Aerial Photo.
Are they starting at the station now also??
Ahhh, getting to impatiance:hammer:

IWant2GoNow

The pictures are "073" and "076" in the OP. That may be part of the walkway I was seeing but it appears to be a different color if that is true. Thanks again for the pics, Scuttle!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom