New Fall 2006 CP

claruga

Original Poster
Hey guys, I just got accepted for the Fall 2006 program as a Merchandise Cast Member. I have always wanted to do this and am really excited. It would be cool to start getting to know people that will be there at the same time. Who else is going to be down there with me?

joanna71985

Hey congrats! I did merchandise on the CP last year for Spring 2005. It was so much fun (I worked in Fantasyland in MK). And I also applied to go down for Fall 2006 (hopefully advantage). If you have any questions, feel free to IM me. My AIM is joanna71985. Good luck!

kcw

fall 06

hey I just got my letter today but I'm going for character performer so if my audition goes well I'll be down there with ya!!!!

joanna71985

Do you know that you are going for certain kcw? Because I got a letter too, but it just said that I was on hold. I really want to know if I got accepted. BTW, I am auditioning too (in 8 days!!! :sohappy: )!!!:D

MaskedSharpie

awesome!! I applied this year to, but I (like kcw and joanna) am trying for a character performer, so I won't know anything for sure until the audition. 12 more days!

kcw

joanna71985 said:
Do you know that you are going for certain kcw? Because I got a letter too, but it just said that I was on hold. I really want to know if I got accepted. BTW, I am auditioning too (in 8 days!!! :sohappy: )!!!:D

nah i don't know for sure but I figured that if they didn't want me in their program, they wouldn't say "hey come to this audition"... the fact that we're "on hold" just means they can't assign us a position until we audition- i think it's safe to assume you're in the program! a character performer is the only role i'm going though so they only way I'll see you guys down there is if I make the audition! aghhhh! good luck to you two!!!

joanna71985

kcw said:
nah i don't know for sure but I figured that if they didn't want me in their program, they wouldn't say "hey come to this audition"... the fact that we're "on hold" just means they can't assign us a position until we audition- i think it's safe to assume you're in the program! a character performer is the only role i'm going though so they only way I'll see you guys down there is if I make the audition! aghhhh! good luck to you two!!!

Why not? Why couldn't you do another role?

kcw

joanna71985 said:
Why not? Why couldn't you do another role?

ya I could but I don't really want to.. haha I know I'll get crap for saying that... :lol: nah it's just that I really can't take a semester off of school just to go work at a store or operating rides or anything... as it is, if I go it will basically mess up my life plans, but dancing at disney has been something I've wanted to do since I was little so I'm willing to mess things up for that, but only that... does that make me sound bad??? i hope not... and I'm not saying that the other roles are bad or anything, I just couldn't give everything up in order to do them!!

PlanetD

Internationals

Hi! I have applied for the International J1 Visa Exchange Program. I have already had my interviews and now I have to wait for at least another week before I receive the news whether I got in or not.

I hope I can join in for the fall program. I hope you don't mind someone from the Netherlands around :animwink:.

What I was wondering though, as my college requires me to do some work to earn credit, is there an internet connection in the rooms, either WIFI or via a cable? That would be great and then communicating with the coaches over here would become a lot easier.

Good luck to anybody still in the application proces! Hope to see you in the fall program.

C U,

David

kcw

PlanetD said:
Hi! I have applied for the International J1 Visa Exchange Program. I have already had my interviews and now I have to wait for at least another week before I receive the news whether I got in or not.

I hope I can join in for the fall program. I hope you don't mind someone from the Netherlands around :animwink:.

nah I don't mind! but only if you have a cool accent... hahaha i've seen a lot of people talking about the international program- what exactly is it? is it basically just the CP for people from outside the US? and do you guys live in the same apartment complexes and whatnot? that would be sweet.. i'd love to meet a bunch of people from around the world

EWalsh1727

Hey everyone, first time posting but i just wanted to let you all know that i got accepted for the fall advantage '06 program as an operations cast member. Anyone else gonna be down there for fall advantage? if so leave a message and include where your from if you would.

PlanetD

kcw said:
nah I don't mind! but only if you have a cool accent... hahaha i've seen a lot of people talking about the international program- what exactly is it? is it basically just the CP for people from outside the US? and do you guys live in the same apartment complexes and whatnot? that would be sweet.. i'd love to meet a bunch of people from around the world

Well the J1 Visa Exchange program is relatively new. So new actually, that my waiting time for an answer was three weeks, and I need to wait one more week at least. Haha, and you thought the ques at the rides were torture.:brick:
Anyway, that J1 program is pretty similar to that of the College Program. So for me it would be an internship and that means I have to sort out the whole Disney World business. Which should be fun! So 32 hours of work for the mouse (at least that is). 3-4 hours of classes and some time off in between Disney work and school work. I actually do expect a lot from the program, that is if I get to go.

I am sorry to disapoint you, but I have heard from Americans that my accent is pretty similar to that of Californians, don't know if that is a good thing though :animwink: . But especially for you I don't mind speaking with an accent. You'll laugh your head off when you hear Dutch-English, it is hilarious. Try looking for some Dutch students 'cause I except some to come to WDW CP soon.

David

goldengreen69

How often do they interview you on the spot? Just curious b/c I chose to do that rather than the phone call she gave us that option. Also I said yes to fast food and beverage ....I pray I dont get it but anyway.. will that help my chances of getting in?

UltravioletPJ

goldengreen69 said:
How often do they interview you on the spot? Just curious b/c I chose to do that rather than the phone call she gave us that option. Also I said yes to fast food and beverage ....I pray I dont get it but anyway.. will that help my chances of getting in?

probably won't do anything but I'm not sure. My friend, who did this program in 2002, suggested answering like this:
"I would, but it wouldn't be my first choice"... I guess that shows that you have a personality too ;)... I'd answer "I definately would, but it wouldn't be my first choice"

Do they ask you this about Custodial? I'm not sure I like the idea of cleaning up dirty bathrooms...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom