News New Experience Center to open in the Odyssey Events Pavilion

JohnD

He didn't say anything about Odyssey, it already has another purpose.

Unless, perish the thought, they do away with the festivals as they were only intended to keep people coming back into Epcot while there were no new attractions, etc. No, I don't expect that either. I expect the festivals to continue. Maybe they start using World Showplace Pavilion for that purpose?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Unless, perish the thought, they do away with the festivals as they were only intended to keep people coming back into Epcot while there were no new attractions, etc. No, I don't expect that either. I expect the festivals to continue. Maybe they start using World Showplace Pavilion for that purpose?

World Showplace is already used for upcharge events during food and wine. If I am reading Martin's cryptic posts correctly it sounds like they may be building a new festival space.

peter11435

Some aspects of the Epcot makeover are specifically designed for the future of festivals.

JohnD

World Showplace is already used for upcharge events during food and wine. If I am reading Martin's cryptic posts correctly it sounds like they may be building a new festival space.

Just trying to figure out where. In a new building somewhere in the center?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just trying to figure out where. In a new building somewhere in the center?

Based on the discussion in the other thread, it might be going here, although I could be wrong...

*Q*

BTW, just incase anyone may have missed this from elsewhere. Odyssey had a refurb fairly recently - here is a quick look inside.

So do we think this recent overhaul was done with the Experience Center (god I hope they come up with a better name) in mind, or will Odyssey go under the knife again for a while.

I'm gonna guess that they're going to try to have this open by the time Food & Wine starts.

jt04

So do we think this recent overhaul was done with the Experience Center (god I hope they come up with a better name) in mind, or will Odyssey go under the knife again for a while.

I'm gonna guess that they're going to try to have this open by the time Food & Wine starts.

Guessing it will close again for a short period to add exhibits. The heavy lifting is already accomplished. Good crowd eater for sure.

Spash007

Did they rename it recently to be the Events Pavilion? It's small, but I like the idea of having it be another pavilion in name.

doctornick

A useful purpose would have been to reimagine it as a restaurant again, but why do that when you can build a "Space" restaurant with crappy food but cool aesthetics?

Ignoring the assessment of food for a restaurant that has yet to open... we on these pages constantly bemoan when Disney "replaces" instead of "expands". It's a very common complaint. In this case, they are doing exactly that -- adding a Space restaurant to existing offerings while also coming up with real plans for Odyssey and WoL. This is a good thing, why complain about WDW wasting money to build the Space restaurant? They've got plenty to invest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom