News New Exhibit ‘The Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure’ Debuts in February at EPCOT

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
“If only we could advertise our new movie in the parks?”

”Don’t we have a studios park?”

”I've an idea. There’s some art that I’m too young to appreciate. Let’s stick it there instead because synergy and to show that we get ’it’”

Sad, isn't it? One would think that a park named "Hollywood Studios" would tend to draw things like that. Guess not. Because synergy. :confused:

trainplane3

What was removed?
Various pieces of art including stuff made by WDI itself, Robert McCall, and more like:
IMG_20190724_153516.jpg

IMG_20190724_153618.jpg

Last edited:

trainplane3

I... wish it was more art/artifacts and fewer infographics. That said, not a bad addition IMO (especially as long as the painting are relocated/eventually return).
I agree. As a former band nerd, this is nice display that could definitely use a few more displays. It fits well with the Arts Festival going on. I actually wouldn't mind seeing them doing an additional exhibit like this when Arts is going on and then putting it back to the original setup once it's done.

Heppenheimer

Here is a look at the exhibit

The-American-Adventure-Pavilion_Full_40786.jpg
If their true goal was to educate guests about jazz... massive fail. This looks like an elementary school History Day.

If their actual goal was to throw a bone to the idea of cultural diversity, but do it in the cheapest, least imaginative way possible... I guess they met those minimal requirements. Please tell me they at least piped in jazz music.

durangojim

They replaced the paintings? With photoshopped displays? Boarder-line freaking out but this could just be temporary.... Please tell me none of the quotes were removed.

I will say, I would gladly stop by to see Louis Armstrong's trumpet. That's pretty cool.
The quotes have been removed. That upsets me more than the paintings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom