new epcot parade?? I know.. I know it's been talked about

boodsadel

Original Poster
So I know it's been talked about a gazillion times, but I just checked the disney website for the park hours in March (I'm going the 9th - 14th) and it has recently been updated to not include Tapestry of Dreams, or any parade for that matter. It only says IllumiNations. This is the first time I haven't seen it listed, so I am wondering if there is going to be any parade at all? Does anyone have any recent news on this topic? I can't imagine a day at Epcot with NO parade!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

JeepGuy77

Sorry to inform you but tapestry shuts down march 1. There is nothing to replace it immediately, but I'm sure there are plans in the future for a replacement. theres just nothing replacing it now.

Shaman

I think its about time the tapestry of dreams parade be shut down, I mean don't get me wrong when I saw it as the tapestry of Nations (as I believe its was previously called) it was nice. Hopefully Disney comes up with a great replacement, and this time I hope that they change something more than just the name. Not to say that a parade will save EPCOT at this point, but it would help. One thing they could keep is the music, its great. Just a comment.:animwink:

DisneyWonders07

True, the parade did get boring after a while, but I absolutely LOVED the music of ToD, it was excellent! Although, I love Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, SpectroMagic, and so on and so on...hehehe:D

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
How about a 'Discoveryland' parade? :lol:

bad enough its goin to be the new name for Future World....such a horrible name..it would be worse name for a parade.....PLEASE get rid of that stupid name!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

magicimaginear

Light Magic

My wife works for WDW Entertainment and she is going to bid to be trained this fall for a role in improved light magic parade. As of right now there is no set date for the parade's first step off at EPCOT.

Testtrack321

Some characters will be in the new parade, but they will be very artistic much like they are in the countrys. But if they were rolling down WSP like Share a Dream, I'd be ed beyond beliefe. Why? Look at it this way: Epcot dosn't need characters to further it's ideas. AK dosn't, but it does use them. It would be a shame and a creative blunder to place characters in a parade at Epcot a la Share a Dream Come True. One of the best parades at WDW ever was ToN. It relied on a story, music, lighting, and emotions to push the parade. It had no characters people could connect to, just a good story. It would be another blow to WDI if they cannot create a parade that dosn't hold itself up without characters.

stkhill@mac.com

Epcot Parade

I did enjoy the parade, BUT, our last trip was during the Food and Wine festival, and it was practically impossible to manuever around the World Showcase during parade line-up. I love a parade, but I also love enjoying the WS because it has always been a place to relax and wind down in the evenings--but that is impossible with CM's ushering you around tape lines --keep parades in MK and we will have the best of both worlds--:wave:

Re: Light Magic

Originally posted by magicimaginear
My wife works for WDW Entertainment and she is going to bid to be trained this fall for a role in improved light magic parade. As of right now there is no set date for the parade's first step off at EPCOT.

I also work in WDW entertainment and haven't heard of any auditions for a new parade. Nothing has been posted as of yet.

BUZZ BABE 34

epcot isnt geared around the characters. it was built to be on its own. i dont think they would be stupid enough to ruin it with more characters. go to the other parks for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom