New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

Tom Morrow

I haven't heard it in person but I personally think this sounds MUCH better and more professional than the overly excited ... *checks post above* Joe Hursh spiel from before.

This also may explain why up until like, right before this change, the spiel was still mentioning "Celebrate Today"

As long as "please stand clear of the doors" doesn't change, I don't have a problem with it.
Something to get used to. I think it's a little wordy and I prefer the old voice. Did they change the bus spiels as well?
Its just as wordy as the previous spiel, but less intrusive because it doesn't feel like its trying to shove magic and happiness down your throat. Honestly, it feels like something 1970's/1980's WDW would have done and I applaud them for that.
Edit: Should have Morgan Freeman do it
It would be the most epic feeling monorail ride ever.

rodserling27

Original Poster
I haven't heard it in person but I personally think this sounds MUCH better and more professional than the overly excited ... *checks post above* Joe Hursh spiel from before.

This also may explain why up until like, right before this change, the spiel was still mentioning "Celebrate Today"

As long as "please stand clear of the doors" doesn't change, I don't have a problem with it.

We are in the minority on liking this new one, but I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I agree, they must NEVER change Wagner's original "Please stand clear of the doors..."

kap91

I haven't listened to all the clips but so far I like this new narration. While I still like the voice that was around in the 90's best I think this is a good deal better then what we currently have. It always sounded like the guy was talking in run on sentences. The new voice in the clips I've listened to phrases things much better.

And let me be the third to say that yes Jack Wagner must always be the one to warn me about the dangers of automatic doors.

Thunder Kz

And it rained, and it rained, and it rained...:snore: Hopefully, this audio lasts no longer than Captain EO, which I hope is gone in the not so distant world of tomorrow.

TylerFG

Meh, It's ok, but I really liked the old speils better. But it does kinda feel like something from the 80s WDW and I like that, so I will give it that.

TylerFG

I will say though, I will miss hearing that booming voice and the Mickey Mouse March on my bus to the MK this trip. (That is, if the music on the buses are still intact. Are they?)

slappy magoo

why do you want emotion in an automated spiel? You end up with something like the TTA narration which is horrible.

The emotion helps sell the eager optimism that defined Walt Disney's philosophy: "If we can dream it, we can do it!"
Whereas the lack of emotion feels like "meh, it's been dreamt. It's been done. Hold your kid's hand when you exit."

Tom Morrow

Ehh... I kinda see your point, but at the same time I felt like the previous narration was trying too hard to sell "DisneyParks magic". I didn't have a problem with the old narration either, but I like this one better.

aladdin2007

I Like the voice in general from what Ive heard so far, but it is kinda bland/flat with no life to it, just like TTA, the worst narration change ever by the way along with the railroad, no more music, boring/dry. :brick: why cant they have creativity in anything anymore?!?!?

Anyway are there any sound clips of the Magic Kingdom line?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom