New Epcot 30 Merchandise

asianway

Yep.

EPCOT's 30th was simply a merchanding event for feeble-minded fans who want retro merchandise (most that looks like pooh) of a place that no longer exists. Maybe Ron Schnieder can hug them and tell him how the Disney fan community and bloggers pulled him from obscurity and made him relevant (to a very small group) again.

You look at most of WDW's current lines and it's all retro to some degree because it's much cheaper to pull off old designs and logos and slap them on new pieces than it is to create new merchandise.
A rather poorly done one at that. They could have done a real merchandise special event with hi end merchandise, meals, special experiences, etc at the four figure price point like they have for Haunted Mansion or Pirates in recent years.

Unless they, perhaps correctly, surmised your average #epcot30 hashtagger has an average income in the mid-20s.

meekoman

Yep ... it will be at the outlet stores before Black Friday ... anyone want me to pick something up? (there will be a Spirited handling/conveneince fee added!)
They also blew it when they only offered t shirts for 4 days online. No open edition pins or anything else. I bought the t shirt, but a pin would have been nice to commemorate the anniversary too.

RoraBorieAlice

I was at Epcot on Tuesday to Celebrate my Husband's Birthday and they had plenty of Lanyards, IPhone Cases, The SSE Shells, some of the dates Mickey ears, the Duffy 30th, Blue Shirts, and a lot of the mystery pin box sets. I even saw some of the lilited edition 3 pin box sets at the trading pin station in frot of Electric Umbrella. I just really want the duffy shirt!!! I have 4 Duffys in variying sizes at home and they wont like a new one ;) . My Brother and husband both each got one of the country shirts. I may get the uk one when im there on Friday. They are SUPER thin though.... ugh. I talked to a merch cast member friend who said she doubts the stuff will make it to the outlets but you never know! They have a CRAP ton of Marathon stuff from January at the outlets now. Pins and Shirts. Also a WHOLE LOT of Disney Dream Cruise stuff... so dont count on it but dont lose hope!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom