New Enhancements to Soarin' Queue

Jungle Skipper

I'm kinda confused by this whole thing...hopefully it works out well...I long for the days when Disney worked to create theme lines and there was no fast pass so the lines seemed to take so long to get through. Those were the days....

Cheers,
Josh

dxwwf3

I saw a video of this one the MouseTimes vidcast and I must say that I'm very glad we only use FP for Soarin'. Maybe it's just me, but it felt totally out of place. I know people like the interactive elements and Disney is trying to do something here, but it just doesn't do it for me. I always thought the queue was very classy and fit in perfectly in The Land. This looks like something that would be in Toy Story Mania. Oh well.

Epcot82Guy

I just spoke with my aunt and cousin who went. They said they weren't impressed. They said it looked cool, but that, if you don't play, it's kind of boring and feels out of place. They also didn't get the point of it compared with the ride.

I think this seems more like a post-show. It really feels out of place where it is, and it seems to be pretty disrupting if you (a) want to play and don't or (b) have a party that some want to play and some don't.

Oh well... too late now (as with so many other things).

cb3k

Any type of theming would do the trick..No interactive games, and IMHO I thought that the different environments trivia was pretty weak....How about a slideshow of "aerial snapshots of california" a hang-glider with legs dangling hanging above you....Some real snapshots of the different environments (LA, Disneyland, Pebble Beach etc...) I always hoped that these simple themed elements werent in place due to the fact that the ride system may be changed shortly to "Soarin over ____" fill in the blank....the World, The US, Florida.....whatever................Sure doesnt seem that we will be graced with that presence anytime soon....I would be in favor of a "Soarin over Disney" where the Florida version flew you over all of Disney World, DLP, TDL, Disneyland...etc...now that would be impressive...who am I kidding..

JollyRoger

I know this has little to do with the current que, but it seems to me like it would be possible to have Soarin' have several different setups. I imagine that computers control to ride vehicles dipping and turning anyway, how hard could it be to have Soarin over California, then Soarin over the US, and Soarin over the World, all in the same 'theater'?

The biggest problem I see would be having different lines for people to wait in for the different versions.

cb3k

Not a bad idea, but I would imagine that it would get costly to have each theater doing its own unique ride sequence. Some one with a little more knowledge could correct me, but I am sure this is why they would not go to those great of lengths...All though I am all for it (hint hint Imagineering, I know you are reading this)

RiversideBunny

As long as Soarin' has long lines and is very popular, there probably is little reason to change it, from Disney's viewpoint.

It seems that in the future though that it would be possible to have 2 or 3 different flight scenarios and let them come up in a random way, the same as they did for Tower of Terror with the random drop sequences.

:king:

JollyRoger

I agree that Soarin probably will recieve no attention to the actual ride/show until the lines get alot shorter.

Random shows would be the simplest way to have multiple shows, but if they are significantly different, and someone waits in line twice in a row and gets the same show, they would have some room to complain that they had no way to choose.

Choosing which line you went in sounds too complicated to me too, though...maybe a morning show, and a different one in the afternoon?

JollyRoger

About the original subject of the que...

If it was at all possible to have anything but a wide, straight (for the most part) hallway as a que, then I would think that themeing, as a previous poster said, would be all that is necessary.

Also, this que needs an easier to get to entrance. On crowded days the stairs and escalators are absolutely packed. I doubt it will ever be done without a complete rehab of the pavilion though.

dave2822

Also, this que needs an easier to get to entrance. On crowded days the stairs and escalators are absolutely packed. I doubt it will ever be done without a complete rehab of the pavilion though.

Quoted for truth.

The bottom of the stairway is consistently bottlenecked by people who get to the entrance, balk at the wait time, and then decide whether they should jump in line or fastpass it. Not to mention there isn't much room to move around in there when you already know what you want to do.

RSoxNo1

Quoted for truth.

The bottom of the stairway is consistently bottlenecked by people who get to the entrance, balk at the wait time, and then decide whether they should jump in line or fastpass it. Not to mention there isn't much room to move around in there when you already know what you want to do.

It would seem that the solution to this would be to post the wait time and fast pass return between time outside of the Land.

BSikor

I was in the FastPass line for Soarin' today and could see the games so I snapped a picture of what I could see with my camera phone.

779487967_4d8fb0f6f4.jpg

It appeared that the people were controlling a bird as it flies through obstacles.

People were screaming and cheering so it seems they liked them.

I just wish I did the standby line so I could have a better pic but I guess something is better than nothing.

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
^Thanks for the picture. For some reason I was under the impression that they had enough screens to run all the games at the same time. But I get it now... lol. It does look kind of fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom