New Enhancements to Soarin' Queue

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
So...
There are supposedly 4 new interactive games you can play in the queue by moving your arms and body. Does anyone have pictures yet?!?

Captain Hank

Unfortunately, no pics, but I have seen it in the queue. It's where the huge pictures of the ecosystems used to be. I don't know much about how the game works, since it was late at night, and they weren't playing it (it's not continuous, and is activated and led by a cast member).

Vernonpush

Unfortunately, no pics, but I have seen it in the queue. It's where the huge pictures of the ecosystems used to be. I don't know much about how the game works, since it was late at night, and they weren't playing it (it's not continuous, and is activated and led by a cast member).

That's kind of scary! Have they added more CMs to the rotation? Will it only "play" during peak times? Will the experience be affected by the CM in charge (like Living With The Land [before automation], The Jungle Cruise, The Great Movie Ride)?

jmani56

What happened to the flat screen's with the ecosystems on them? Did they move them or get rid of them all together? I admit they were boring but everybody seemed to learn from them lol.

Captain Hank

If I remember correctly, the flat screens have been removed completely. I'm not sure how much impact the cast member has on the gameplay or even how involved they are, as I've never actually played the game.

jmuboy

What plays on the screens when the games are not running? The old Ecosystem pics? Are the games meant to be educational and tied to the ride/pavilion's theme?

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
If I remember correctly, the flat screens have been removed completely. I'm not sure how much impact the cast member has on the gameplay or even how involved they are, as I've never actually played the game.

Oh. I'm dissapointed they removed flat screens with info/questions on them. I thought they would add the games to the first part of the queue so it would be even less boring, not just update the least boring part of the queue.

Dizknee_Phreek

What happened to the flat screen's with the ecosystems on them? Did they move them or get rid of them all together? I admit they were boring but everybody seemed to learn from them lol.

I found them rather interesting, myself. But it probably could've been a lot more entertaining, considering how slow that line is. Hopefully this new thing will do the trick. Although I don't understand how CM's lead it....I don't remember there being much room for CM's.

Kadee

I never saw the ecosystem things. Were they only in the regular line? I've only fast-passed Soarin' because the regular line was always 2 hours.

DisneyDellsDude

Original Poster
What plays on the screens when the games are not running? The old Ecosystem pics? Are the games meant to be educational and tied to the ride/pavilion's theme?

From what Ricky said on Inside the Magic...

There are 4 games running with one more in the works. One is to create a landscape by moving your arms around to create mountains, trees, ect... The second is a racing game where you race a bird through scenery by leaning around and compete with other people playing. The third is a blob game where you just play with them and you can pop them and stuff by moving your arms. The last game has different scene with a different theme (beach theme with beach balls, winter scene with snowmen and snowballs, a dessert scene with tumbleweeds, a canyon with boulders, and a desert island with coconuts.) You can just play around with that for a minute, and then the scenes network together and you can throw snowballs (if you have the winter scene) at other people in their scenes and interact with them.

Edit: when the games are not going, there either is a static image, or there is a slideshow playing.
Again, all info from Ricky.:)

ThinkTink721

That's kind of scary! Have they added more CMs to the rotation? Will it only "play" during peak times? Will the experience be affected by the CM in charge (like Living With The Land [before automation], The Jungle Cruise, The Great Movie Ride)?
Is Living w/ the Land now automated? No guides?
:veryconfu

Figment82

I've been told the game system is very similar is style to the Wii. CM's take a group of guests at a time to play the game, but it still allows the line to move easily.

Mecha Figment

Is it just me or does this sound really stupid. what if you don't want to play this game, it's almost like you are forced to. I don't like it.

From what Ricky said on Inside the Magic...

There are 4 games running with one more in the works. One is to create a landscape by moving your arms around to create mountains, trees, ect... The second is a racing game where you race a bird through scenery by leaning around and compete with other people playing. The third is a blob game where you just play with them and you can pop them and stuff by moving your arms. The last game has different scene with a different theme (beach theme with beach balls, winter scene with snowmen and snowballs, a dessert scene with tumbleweeds, a canyon with boulders, and a desert island with coconuts.) You can just play around with that for a minute, and then the scenes network together and you can throw snowballs (if you have the winter scene) at other people in their scenes and interact with them.

Edit: when the games are not going, there either is a static image, or there is a slideshow playing.
Again, all info from Ricky.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom