In the Parks
Yes
Also, new sign for the pier!

Attachments

• IMG_4777.jpeg
    IMG_4777.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 67

Bocabear

Why would they install the pretty new sign on a wall that is still unfinished? Seems like it is still missing it's exterior sheathing...I thought this was the purple insulation layer they painted a few weeks ago... You can see the painted tape around it... hmmmm maybe they had a contract that they started paying rent as soon as the sign went up?

lazyboy97o

Why would they install the pretty new sign on a wall that is still unfinished? Seems like it is still missing it's exterior sheathing...I thought this was the purple insulation layer they painted a few weeks ago... You can see the painted tape around it... hmmmm maybe they had a contract that they started paying rent as soon as the sign went up?
The purple boards are sheathing, not insulation, and they weren’t painted.

disneyC97

Signage on the Boardwalk was mixed from the start - "Spoodles" looked like the 1990s era in which it opened. That said, glad to see progress here. Any word on what might happen to the Big River Grille space?

James Alucobond

I don’t think it was meant to explain anything in detail, just saying that the weird idea that they would do things out of order or in a riskier fashion just to feign progress is both baseless and silly to theorize about when those commenting don’t understand the process well to begin with.

Bocabear

I have had two different contractors do that during construction projects....so the concept of it actually happening doesn't sound foreign to me... and in both situations the things they were doing had to be completely redone do to damage occurring afterwards.... And yes they were professional contractors...
My father was an architect/builder... I grew up around construction.... Though I understand techniques change...

James Alucobond

That typically happens on small-scale projects when you have specific sub-contracted trades that want to get in and out, e.g. it might be better to do some tile work, then some finish carpentry, then a bit more of the tile work, but the tilers want to get in and out in one day. That’s obviously not the case here where, if they had wanted the signs installed later, they could have just called in the sign installers later.

lazyboy97o

I have had two different contractors do that during construction projects....so the concept of it actually happening doesn't sound foreign to me... and in both situations the things they were doing had to be completely redone do to damage occurring afterwards.... And yes they were professional contractors...
My father was an architect/builder... I grew up around construction.... Though I understand techniques change...
Did they also build a niche just the right size to hold the signage nearly flush with the rest of the wall? Did they put a sheathing brand’s logo onto rigid insulation? Did they use paint as a bonding agent or weather barrier?

There shouldn’t be much to explain. The piece of signage was placed into a very tightly built niche, clearly built to hold it. Yes, contractors sometimes do dumb things and work out of sequence, but that doesn’t somehow result in precise work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom