New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

WorldExplorer

How about a legitimate counter service with indoor seating instead? This resort has always lacked an adequate one since the Bakery/Deli is so tiny.

I would love a quick service with seafood, like Columbia Harbor House. The entire place is themed to the beach, but the only easily accessible seafood is the lobster roll at Hurricane Hannah's.

Plus Epcot doesn't have something like that either, so it'd be unique even taking those options into account.

mattpeto

I would love a quick service with seafood, like Columbia Harbor House. The entire place is themed to the beach, but the only easily accessible seafood is the lobster roll at Hurricane Hannah's.

Plus Epcot doesn't have something like that either, so it'd be unique even taking those options into account.
I think Cape May Cafe across the lake fits part of that equation, but without the included crab legs it’s become a hard pass for me.

I do like the QS idea though.

Bocabear

Losing Big River is significant when the resort only offers their craptastic Deli, the pricey Flying Fish, and the Italian restaurant. The biggest problem is knowing it will take them YEARS to complete a remodel for another restaurant...and they need more sit-down casual options there... Especially with Cake Bake shop ( whenever they open) will not be a casual inexpensive restaurant... and they REALLY need some late night options for casual sit-down food...

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Losing Big River is significant when the resort only offers their craptastic Deli, the pricey Flying Fish, and the Italian restaurant. The biggest problem is knowing it will take them YEARS to complete a remodel for another restaurant...and they need more sit-down casual options there... Especially with Cake Bake shop ( whenever they open) will not be a casual inexpensive restaurant... and they REALLY need some late night options for casual sit-down food...
Unfortunately the closing for Big River is due to their whole operation shuttering. The Chattanooga location shuttered in October, their original brewery.

You'd think, they can just use the same footprint, remove the brewing equipment for more seating, and retain most of what is there and use the same basic menu. Slap some "whimsical" name on the outside and call it a day.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
IMG_0776.jpeg

She’s gone. Windows totally blacked out as well. This side of Boardwalk is QUIET tonight

Purduevian

If you are staying at the boardwalk and looking for a casual sit down. I recently stayed at the dolphin and had great meals at Cabana's the poolside bar. Not the largest menu, but service was quick and the food was great. There were also a few wild cats running around which was fun to watch.

Bocabear

SO the only choice for casual sit down food is a pool bar at another hotel? That is pretty bad. and I am sure that the Cabana Pool Bar is not open for late night dining....Which is a resort-wide problem... A lot of times there is no availability at the restaurants in the parks and people put off eating until the parks close, people get back to their hotels to find nothing open and their only option is delivery pizza from offsite vendors, or get in their cars and leave property. There should be a late night "Diner" style restaurant in each resort area... One for the Epcot Resorts, One for the Magic Kingdom Resorts, and One at Disney Springs to handle all the rest... I am certain they would be very popular and well used.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom