New Enhancements, Dining Options Coming to Disney’s BoardWalk

ToTBellHop

Isn't there a ton of seating on the boardwalk? Tables, benches, etc.
Yes, and thankfully Florida is not known for being either dangerously hot or in a downpour for half the year. Imagine if they tried to build a place that exclusively had outdoor seating in subtropical Southern California? Thankfully, Walt was well aware that Anaheim saw roughly 24 inches of rain in the summer months when he designed Disneyland.

castlecake2.0

B63A599D-7E54-4283-9F2D-314E321EDEAA.jpeg

Awkward photo because I didn’t want to get guests or cast, but new furniture at Bellevue Lounge. It looks really nice, bit more updated but still fits the feel of the space.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Barista is an artist
I’ve always felt those champagne-and-painting parties should have espresso-based artisanal beverages instead of booze. Booze doesn’t exactly activate my brain but a hot drink with the vague shape of Donald Duck in the steamed milk foam would.

UNCgolf

This is... not good. The old space evoked the feel of a 1930s hotel and was absolutely wonderful; this now looks like any random seating area at a relatively modern hotel. The furniture doesn't fit at all.

Random modern hotel is probably what they were going for, though, and is the whole problem with almost everything they've done at resorts recently. It makes me worried about what they're planning for the lobby.

We always went to the Belle Vue Lounge during our trips, but this may have killed the draw. It's amazing how such a relatively small change (new furniture and arrangement) can do so much to completely alter how something looks/feels.

Did they change the deck furniture as well?

castlecake2.0

This is... not good. The old space evoked the feel of a 1930s hotel and was absolutely wonderful; this now looks like any random seating area at a relatively modern hotel. The furniture doesn't fit at all.

Random modern hotel is probably what they were going for, though, and is the whole problem with almost everything they've done at resorts recently. It makes me worried about what they're planning for the lobby.

We always went to the Belle Vue Lounge during our trips, but this may have killed the draw. It's amazing how such a relatively small change (new furniture and arrangement) can do so much to completely alter how something looks/feels.

Did they change the deck furniture as well?
I went to the lounge yesterday, the changeover is not complete, still some furniture pieces missing and new bar stools coming. The furniture does have a 1930s feel to me, just a little more upscale than the previous arrangement. and being a deluxe resort that makes sense. Patio furniture received small refresh. Radio show is the same. Props on the shelves are the same. Good balance of making the space feel refreshed without losing its charm.

UNCgolf

I went to the lounge yesterday, the changeover is not complete, still some furniture pieces missing and new bar stools coming. The furniture does have a 1930s feel to me, just a little more upscale than the previous arrangement. and being a deluxe resort that makes sense. Patio furniture received small refresh. Radio show is the same. Props on the shelves are the same. Good balance of making the space feel refreshed without losing its charm.

I don't think it looks 1930s at all; it looks like furniture installed in the lobbies of brand new hotels. I'm like 98% sure I've sat in the exact same gray chairs in a Marriott lobby in LA. The sofa is the only thing that's vaguely reminiscent of that era, but even there the coloring seems off -- which is another problem in general. The overall color scheme feels wrong for that hotel.

It just looks like something installed at a random upscale hotel in Anytown, USA now that just happens to have some leftovers from the original themed location. It reminds me a bit of what they did to Beaches and Cream (although not quite as bad), in that it no longer looks like a place worth visiting.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should hate it or that Disney is ruined. For me personally, though, it is a massive downgrade over what was there before, which makes me sad because it was one of my favorite little spots on property.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I don't think it looks 1930s at all; it looks like furniture installed in the lobbies of brand new hotels. I'm like 98% sure I've sat in the exact same chairs in a Marriott lobby in LA. The sofa is the only thing that's vaguely reminiscent of that era, but even there the coloring seems off -- which is another problem in general. The overall color scheme feels wrong for that hotel.

It just looks like something installed at a random upscale hotel in Anytown, USA now that just happens to have some leftovers from the original themed location. It reminds me a bit of what they did to Beaches and Cream (although not quite as bad), in that it no longer looks like a place worth visiting.

I'm not suggesting that everyone should hate it or that Disney is ruined. For me personally, though, it is a massive downgrade over what was there before, which makes me sad because it was one of my favorite little spots on property.
I'm not familiar with what this looked like before, but aside from the four gray chairs, everything else looks to have a fairly art deco silhouette, which would be appropriate for the 30s. The color scheme and prints used wouldn't be out of place either. Is the space supposed to be art deco or something else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom