New DVC Resort

InsideDVC

Original Poster
More About Me

I can understand why a lot of you question my info. I have been a lurker on this site for years and have a "real" account however I simply felt it was to risky to use it. I don't want anyone to get in trouble or terminated, but I am super excited to share this. I can tell you that a few of you have hit the nail on the head. A few more of you are in outer space. When the announcement does finally come, please think of this thread. It's my poor attempt at 15 minutes of fame with fellow WDW fans.

-SS

Biff215

I hope its not true. They have enough resorts right now. Why not focus on the parks rather than the resorts. ugh. =/ its like everything in wdw is a lost cause now.

Fix the yeti OR lets build animation resort
Update and Pixar expansion in DHS OR put doors on the trams.

I understand your concerns, but please keep in mind that DVC has little to do with those other projects. If anything, more DVC rooms means the possibility of more paying guests in the parks. DVC resorts are ultimately member-owned so Disney has very little invested in the end, and even that makes them plenty of money!

It sounds like GF to me if this is legit, although I still have to ask why? I'm a DVC member but just can't see a timeshare being built there. You have to figure it might possibly take over or replace one or more of the current buildings, which leads me to believe there is a occupancy issue over there and the GF is welcoming the extra guests kind of like AKL.

I already think BLT is overpriced points-wise so I'll stick with VWL, BCV, and AKL. I can't imagine what the GF points chart would look like!

GizmoDuck

Haha well this sure has been confusing :hammer:

I guess ill have to consider proper wording and tone with this whole technology thing

Carry on folks

Tom

Beta Return
I can understand why a lot of you question my info. I have been a lurker on this site for years and have a "real" account however I simply felt it was to risky to use it. I don't want anyone to get in trouble or terminated, but I am super excited to share this. I can tell you that a few of you have hit the nail on the head. A few more of you are in outer space. When the announcement does finally come, please think of this thread. It's my poor attempt at 15 minutes of fame with fellow WDW fans.

-SS

Since you are 100% anonymous to all of us (except to Steve/WDWMagic, who can probably match you to your other username by IP address), there is no risk of getting your "source" in trouble by giving us a little more detail.

I could start a thread that says, "My best friend who is a Disney World Imagineer told me that there is going to be a new ride at Animal Kingdom. Remember this thread when they build it." And there's a 100% chance I would be right.

If you really do have some beans, spill them :)

S

stphnbogert

I understand your concerns, but please keep in mind that DVC has little to do with those other projects. If anything, more DVC rooms means the possibility of more paying guests in the parks. DVC resorts are ultimately member-owned so Disney has very little invested in the end, and even that makes them plenty of money!

yeah i understand they don't deal with the other projects. i just would like to see more work being done on whats already there then to start something new. even if they are just using a building in the grand floridian i would like to see them wait a few years. work on filling up the parks before you fill up the resorts.

Daddio

WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I have to be careful what I say as to protect my source. I wanted to let everyone know the next DVC resort for WDW will be on the monorail. I can also say it will not have a tropical theme. Construction will begin soon.

-SS

I have to ask you point blank: Is this a ploy to see how fast and far a rumour will spread?

David

Computer Magic

I think Disney should slow down with DVC. A best kept secret is becoming oversaturated. You can't go anywhere without seeing it. I understand business wanting a continous revenue stream coming in but this is dumping down Disney.

InsideDVC

Original Poster
Since you are 100% anonymous to all of us (except to Steve/WDWMagic, who can probably match you to your other username by IP address), there is no risk of getting your "source" in trouble by giving us a little more detail.

I could start a thread that says, "My best friend who is a Disney World Imagineer told me that there is going to be a new ride at Animal Kingdom. Remember this thread when they build it." And there's a 100% chance I would be right.

If you really do have some beans, spill them :)

I would have no problem telling you everything I know if I didn't think the info was still very sensitive. I was hoping some of the veterans here would have given their 2 cents to support my position had the news leaked elsewhere. That would mean others have leaked the info also and my info isn't the ONLY leak.

InsideDVC

Original Poster
I have to ask you point blank: Is this a ploy to see how fast and far a rumour will spread?

David

I will answer you point blank. NO. I didn't get this info from a bus driver or some CM at a park. Once the news of this project is more out in the open, I'll gladly share the few details I know about the construction

S

stphnbogert

I will answer you point blank. NO. I didn't get this info from a bus driver or some CM at a park. Once the news of this project is more out in the open, I'll gladly share the few details I know about the construction

Do you know when this project will be more out in the open?

Tom

Beta Return
I think Disney should slow down with DVC. A best kept secret is becoming oversaturated. You can't go anywhere without seeing it. I understand business wanting a continous revenue stream coming in but this is dumping down Disney.

I think their slogan is a little outdated, but I don't think DVC is oversaturating WDW, for a few reasons:

1) I'd rather they use the land for internal purposes than chopping it up and selling it off to 3rd parties to build non-Disney resorts, shopping centers and neighborhoods.

2) They don't skimp on anything when they design/build a DVC Resort. They're pure Disney and show Imagineering at its best. They're visually appealing and often blend in better than their neighbor Disney Resorts.

3) Not a penny of resources that could have gone to the parks is used for DVC. It's a private company (within the company) and it's budget is strictly enforced. DVC Resorts are built and operated with DVC money.

I'm not saying this just because I'm a DVC member, but because I really believe they're an asset to WDW. They essentially guarantee repeat visitors to the parks. And - not to stereotype or start a "class" debate - DVC owners spend money while they're on property. They shop. They dine. A lot of them own APs.

Having DVC helps ensure that the parks WILL continue to expand, because they have a steady stream of guaranteed guests.

MaryJaneP

I think their slogan is a little outdated, but I don't think DVC is oversaturating WDW, for a few reasons:

1) I'd rather they use the land for internal purposes than chopping it up and selling it off to 3rd parties to build non-Disney resorts, shopping centers and neighborhoods.

2) They don't skimp on anything when they design/build a DVC Resort. They're pure Disney and show Imagineering at its best. They're visually appealing and often blend in better than their neighbor Disney Resorts.

3) Not a penny of resources that could have gone to the parks is used for DVC. It's a private company (within the company) and it's budget is strictly enforced. DVC Resorts are built and operated with DVC money.

I'm not saying this just because I'm a DVC member, but because I really believe they're an asset to WDW. They essentially guarantee repeat visitors to the parks. And - not to stereotype or start a "class" debate - DVC owners spend money while they're on property. They shop. They dine. A lot of them own APs.

Having DVC helps ensure that the parks WILL continue to expand, because they have a steady stream of guaranteed guests.

1. Agreed

2. Really? BLT? Theme? Location?

3. Im not a bean counter so maybe true.

Conclusion assumes more DVC will = expansion. We'll see if that is the case. I'm not sure more of the first guarantees the second.

Tom

Beta Return

In my personal opinion, BLT fits the bill...if you assume that it's an extension of the Contemporary, which I do.

It's design and decor is indeed contemporary. There's nothing fancy about the Contemporary Resort - no fake wood, no stone, no faux rock work. That "theme" carries over to BLT nicely.

Do either one of them really "fit" in that location? Perhaps not. They look and feel like regular 'ol hotels. But, since they pretty much locked in the theme of that Resort in 1971, it wouldn't have been right to change the theme and put something fanciful next to it.

Their task was to built a DVC resort that complemented the adjacent Deluxe Resort, and I believe they did just that.

Computer Magic

1. Agreed

3. Im not a bean counter so maybe true.

Conclusion assumes more DVC will = expansion. We'll see if that is the case. I'm not sure more of the first guarantees the second.

1) Agreed but there are other things that could be done besides DVC.
2) I guess this is an opinion or preference but I don't think so. AKL was better before that second building. I think they could have done a lot better with that money. Now the bus service stinks, the check in at the second building stinks, the so called merchandise shop has nothing. You have to walk a mile in public to reach the pool. Keep Sanna and the Animals and get rid of the rooms. I just stayed in a DVC there and will not stay in that area again.

3) I really don't know what Disney does but its not uncommon to use profits from on business unit for another business unit. DVC as a startup had to get money from somewhere. If DVC needs money, where do they get it? I not sure DVC is self sufficient at this point. Maybe later, but they just built the DVC Hawaii.

I don't think we know DVC = expansion. What is Disney incentive to expand if they already have yearly income coming in from DVC members? I think the opposite, DVC has caused expansion to slow. What can a DVC member do to force Disney hand to expand? DVC members can sell as long as there is a market. Can DVC members with hold yearly payment?

I don't expect people to agree with me and I respect your opinions.

This is not a knock against DVC members, I think DVC has it's place just not at every resort.

Tom

Beta Return
1) Agreed but there are other things that could be done besides DVC.
2) I guess this is an opinion or preference but I don't think so. AKL was better before that second building. I think they could have done a lot better with that money. Now the bus service stinks, the check in at the second building stinks, the so called merchandise shop has nothing. You have to walk a mile in public to reach the pool. Keep Sanna and the Animals and get rid of the rooms. I just stayed in a DVC there and will not stay in that area again.

3) I really don't know what Disney does but its not uncommon to use profits from on business unit for another business unit. DVC as a startup had to get money from somewhere. If DVC needs money, where do they get it? I not sure DVC is self sufficient at this point. Maybe later, but they just built the DVC Hawaii.

I don't think we know DVC = expansion. What is Disney incentive to expand if they already have yearly income coming in from DVC members? I think the opposite, DVC has caused expansion to slow. What can a DVC member do to force Disney hand to expand? DVC members can sell as long as there is a market. Can DVC members with hold yearly payment?

I don't expect people to agree with me and I respect your opinions.

This is not a knock against DVC members, I think DVC has it's place just not at every resort.

How can I argue with a fellow Hoosier? :)

I will admit that they probably could have put a bit more thought into Kidani. The one major beef I had was that it was a half mile walk from the lobby to our room...and we were only halfway around the building. Aside from the less-than-desirable layout, I still think they did an amazing job on the atmosphere, ambiance, room design and overall theme.

And yes, Disney is one giant company, and I'm sure they share resources between profit centers. However, DVC is a different animal. It's actually a Time Share company, and is governed by Time Share Law. At least some of their books are public, and they must develop budgets and then adhere to them. Granted, to build a brand new resort, they may need to take out a "loan" from another profit center....or maybe they have to get real loans because of the legalities. Either way, I'm confident that they don't scrap theme park improvements because of monies being spent by/on DVC.

This doesn't mean they DO improve the parks because of DVC. That's just a hypothesis of mine. :)

Cmdr_Crimson

I have to be careful what I say as to protect my source. I wanted to let everyone know the next DVC resort for WDW will be on the monorail. I can also say it will not have a tropical theme. Construction will begin soon.

-SS

Sounds like an ol Bus Drivers tale on the wild seas of the Roads of Disney.
busDriver.jpg

Computer Magic

How can I argue with a fellow Hoosier? :)

I will admit that they probably could have put a bit more thought into Kidani. The one major beef I had was that it was a half mile walk from the lobby to our room...and we were only halfway around the building. Aside from the less-than-desirable layout, I still think they did an amazing job on the atmosphere, ambiance, room design and overall theme.

And yes, Disney is one giant company, and I'm sure they share resources between profit centers. However, DVC is a different animal. It's actually a Time Share company, and is governed by Time Share Law. At least some of their books are public, and they must develop budgets and then adhere to them. Granted, to build a brand new resort, they may need to take out a "loan" from another profit center....or maybe they have to get real loans because of the legalities. Either way, I'm confident that they don't scrap theme park improvements because of monies being spent by/on DVC.

This doesn't mean they DO improve the parks because of DVC. That's just a hypothesis of mine. :)
You mean we are having a civil conversation on the Internet discussing difference of opinions w/o name calling? :lol: All is good

Kidani is like Britney Spears. beautiful on the outside but a mess on the inside :lookaroun:lol:

JimboJones123

I hope its not true. They have enough resorts right now. Why not focus on the parks rather than the resorts. ugh. =/ its like everything in wdw is a lost cause now.

Fix the yeti OR lets build animation resort
Update and Pixar expansion in DHS OR put doors on the trams.

Being upset at Tram Doors means you don't understand WDW at all. Safety first. It has proven to he a safety concern, and they (finally) fixed it. Should have been done long before...but it is done on some now.

S

stphnbogert

Being upset at Tram Doors means you don't understand WDW at all. Safety first. It has proven to he a safety concern, and they (finally) fixed it. Should have been done long before...but it is done on some now.

I do understand why they put the tram doors on. Instead of picking apart my post read it. I was making a point that they pick little things instead of looking at the big picture. I like the tram doors. I wasn't saying they shouldn't of happened. I was merely making the point that Disney needs to start working on bringing people to the parks as oppose to bringing people to the resorts. I know DVC and Disney don't have the same budget. I just feel like the space for a new resort could be used for something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom