New DME Video

PolynesianPrincess

Hey guys and gals! When we arrived at MCO last Wednesday night, we were greeted with a new video on DME. The driver said it was the first day they had been showing it. Personally, I thought it was terrible. I saw it as mostly an advertisement for DVC, Disney Visa and getting people to plan their next trip. The beginning few minutes were all about bus safety and rules you have to follow. The next 10 minutes were about the magic bands and MM+. Then right after that was an ad for Disney Visa and then they moved on to talking about the parks a little and then it was onto DVC for the rest of it. The return video was the same first few minutes of talking about bus safety and rules. The rest was dedicated to talking about planning your next trip and DVC. One of the things I liked about using DME was the video they showed before changing this one. I loved how they showed all the children being surprised with Disney trips. That part always made me smile (and cry!) and when they showed highlights of all the parks and rides, it made me that much more excited to be there. And I loved that the characters were featured in the video. There is none of that now. I know it's just a video and it won't make or break my trip, but I just wanted to share thew news of the new video and see if any of you have seen it it yet. Did you like it?

Ariel484

I totally agree with you...it just left me cold. Didn't get me excited about the trip at all. My husband and I arrived separately on Friday and he brought it up before I said anything (unusual since I'm the Disney freak, not him). He didn't like it either. I understand that they need to talk about MM+ now but I just didn't like it.

Upvote 0

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Watching the previous video was one of the we are here moments. We had pretty much committed the video to memory and it got the kids excited as we watched. We will see how it makes us feel in May but I'm guessing the infomercial described above won't evoke those same feelings and emotions.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I totally agree with you...it just left me cold. Didn't get me excited about the trip at all. My husband and I arrived separately on Friday and he brought it up before I said anything (unusual since I'm the Disney freak, not him). He didn't like it either. I understand that they need to talk about MM+ now but I just didn't like it.

Watching the previous video was one of the we are here moments. We had pretty much committed the video to memory and it got the kids excited as we watched. We will see how it makes us feel in May but I'm guessing the infomercial described above won't evoke those same feelings and emotions.

@Ariel484 you hit the nail right on the head! It left me cold as well. It didn't get me hyped up like seeing all the characters on the bus and arriving at their resort.

@DisneyDelirious It definitely did seem like an infommercial! While I understand the need to talk about MM+, it seems like they are using every opportunity now to push the Disney Visa and DVC. It's kind of getting a little annoying.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Ugh, what a bummer!

Yet another of my reasons (a tiny one, but a good one, to be sure -- I loved that video so much we actually pull it up on Youtube now and then!) for staying on property bites the dust... once they get rid of EMH, they'll have lost me forever as an onsite guest. :arghh:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Although its sad to return home, I always loved the song where the characters would say, "now it's time to say goodbye..." I will miss that if its not there anymore.
Also, no characters in the video? I thought that was the best part!

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Although its sad to return home, I always loved the song where the characters would say, "now it's time to say goodbye..." I will miss that if its not there anymore.
Also, no characters in the video? I thought that was the best part!

The song is no longer there :( That part would always make me cry like a baby!!

Upvote 0

Mukta

I loved the old DME video. Like @DisneyDelirious, it was one of my 'we are here' moments.

I take newbies to WDW a lot and showing them that video is a good starting point of what is to come.

I'll see the new one in 28 days or so. I hope that I will learn to love it.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Funny that you posted this since we also arrived the same day and our driver told us it was the first day of the video running. Our whole group sat in the front of the bus and we couldn't wait for the video to start and we were really let down. We all laughed at yet another advertisement for everything most people already know about like DVC, Disney Visa, etc... We were just floored that they replaced such a great intro video start your trip, to something so blah!!! Our driver couldn't stop laughing at our jokes about the video, it was pretty funny. It was like he was yearning to say that he agreed with us, but had to hold it in!! :D

Upvote 0

SyracuseOrange

Yeah, the new video, or "DME TV" as they call it, is not good. I was wondering how recent of a change this was. It was cool to see some new things, but I wish they had kept the general spirit of it all. Why didn't they have Donald /Daisy and Huey, Dewey, Louie getting set up with their MagicBands?

I also didn't like how in between every sequence was a thing advertising the Disney Parks Blog.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom