New Disney World hotel offer saves up to 35% when you stay 5 nights or longer this Spring and Summer 2024

Lirael

I'm so happy I managed to get it. I couldn't get any discounts my last two trips since I decided on them last minute

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So now that we have a state of perpetual discounts, does this mean we've been consistently overcharged by upwards of 35% over rack rates at Disney Resorts??
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

@Sirwalterraleigh you still alive or did you not survive NYE at Epcot?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So now that we have a state of perpetual discounts, does this mean we've been consistently overcharged by upwards of 35% over rack rates at Disney Resorts??
Marvel Studios Smile GIF by Disney+

@Sirwalterraleigh you still alive or did you not survive NYE at Epcot?

I was trampled outside the tequila
Bar…but put ointment on my wounds and they’re healing nicely

As far as are they overpriced…that was obvious.

They have increased prices as they sold
Less and less for a long time…the supply and demand curve upside down

JohnD

I'm looking at going with friends later this year. Once WDW offers their Florida Resident discount on tickets we weren't even going to stay on-site even with WDW resort discounts. It's less expensive to stay off-site, say at a Marriott in Flamingo Crossings. Since I'm an AP holder, we'll drive to the parks each day and park for free.

Lirael

Typical marketing ---over charge and then offer a discount and the lemmings think oh boy did I get a deal.
I mean, they're going to overcharge regardless. If you come too late to grab a discount (like I did before), you'll be charged the overcharged price. So yes, grabbing "20% off the overcharged price" is a deal over paying the overcharged price without a discount at all. Insulting people for preferring to book with a discount is quite silly behavior

mlayton144

I mean, they're going to overcharge regardless. If you come too late to grab a discount (like I did before), you'll be charged the overcharged price. So yes, grabbing "20% off the overcharged price" is a deal over paying the overcharged price without a discount at all. Insulting people for preferring to book with a discount is quite silly behavior

Agreed , it’s all about what’s worth it to each individual

mickEblu

There’s actually some really good deals here. Got Beach Club for $350/night which I think is a great price.

That’s pretty good. Too bad I’m not planning on going to WDW until 2025. Want my daughter to hit that 40 inch mark. Plus she she’ll be 5 instead of 3.5 which makes a big difference in maturity. Hoping to get some good deals considering Epic Universe will be open and hefty discounts are probably the best weapons Disney has against Universal in the short term future.

ToTBellHop

Got Wilderness Lodge for 325 figured that was a decent deal and right around what we paid in 2022...it was between that and Beach Club.
Yeah, there are several deluxes in the $300s. Never thought I’d see that again. I guess it will be another soft summer. Yay for me!

dmw

In the Parks
No
timing worked out great for us! We were already planning a trip with the grands for their fall break in September, and we got the full 25% off at All Star Movies, averaging $130/nt. I was surprised to see rooms still available at the full discount a day after the announcement.

PSUDisney77

We had already booked a stay at CBR late April/early May and our TA informed us of this discount and rebooked us. I did notice we went from a 5th sleeper standard room to a preferred room which a 5th sleeper is not guaranteed. We really would like that 5th sleeper as it will be my wife, my mom and 6 year old son.

Does any one know when the Disney Visa discounts typically get released for Spring/Summer and would it be a better deal? I saw the current Visa deal for Jan-Mar at CBR is 10-15% but would that be on a standard or preferred room?

dmw

In the Parks
No
We had already booked a stay at CBR late April/early May and our TA informed us of this discount and rebooked us. I did notice we went from a 5th sleeper standard room to a preferred room which a 5th sleeper is not guaranteed. We really would like that 5th sleeper as it will be my wife, my mom and 6 year old son.

Does any one know when the Disney Visa discounts typically get released for Spring/Summer and would it be a better deal? I saw the current Visa deal for Jan-Mar at CBR is 10-15% but would that be on a standard or preferred room?
The historical discounts have not been very reliable predictors of new discounts post covid. MouseSavers has a list of discounts going back to 2020. This current promo is the best I have seen in a long time, better than most of the Visa discounts, at least for the Value and Mods. And, more rooms and resorts seem to be available than in the past. For example, POFQ was rarely available for discounts pre covid. And, Value resorts were more typically in the 10-15% range, not like the 25% I just booked for ASM.

You could always check the WDW site yourself to see if the 5th sleeper room is available with the discount. And, if so, then you can ask your TA to modify the reservation.

ToTBellHop

The historical discounts have not been very reliable predictors of new discounts post covid. MouseSavers has a list of discounts going back to 2020. This current promo is the best I have seen in a long time, better than most of the Visa discounts, at least for the Value and Mods. And, more rooms and resorts seem to be available than in the past. For example, POFQ was rarely available for discounts pre covid. And, Value resorts were more typically in the 10-15% range, not like the 25% I just booked for ASM.

You could always check the WDW site yourself to see if the 5th sleeper room is available with the discount. And, if so, then you can ask your TA to modify the reservation.
This newest deal has higher discounts than usual because they are really trying to increase the length of trips. I suppose that’s one way to convince people to cut the Sea World day or Universal weekend, but I do wonder: if this is necessary now, what kind of discount will we see summer ‘25 once Epic Universe is open?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom