New Disney Princess?

Monkee Girl

They have some really cute Disney Princess Leia memes out there. She may not be official since the line does stem more from the animated movies and not real movies but I don't have a problem referring to her as one. I love Leia and it's a great combination for the Star Wars/Disney lover like myself.

I think it is silly saying that because Rapunzel is CGI she doesn't count as animated. Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid all had CGI in their movies. Does that mean they don't count either? It's the lasted trend in animation and Disney either goes with it or gets left in the sidelines. Rapunzel was a beautiful movie and she's popular. To not add her would be dumb on Disney's part.

OK, this is gonna come off as really technical...my apologies...

Regarding Vanelope, she rejects her princess-hood and chooses, instead, to be a president. So I would say, no, she doesn't count as a princess. Same with Giselle. Despite the real life marketing reasons, Gisselle never marries prince Edward. She marries a comoner and even says so in the movie that she is not a princess. so it makes sense to me that she is not featured.

taz0162

Original Poster
They have some really cute Disney Princess Leia memes out there. She may not be official since the line does stem more from the animated movies and not real movies but I don't have a problem referring to her as one. I love Leia and it's a great combination for the Star Wars/Disney lover like myself.

I think it is silly saying that because Rapunzel is CGI she doesn't count as animated. Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Little Mermaid all had CGI in their movies. Does that mean they don't count either? It's the lasted trend in animation and Disney either goes with it or gets left in the sidelines. Rapunzel was a beautiful movie and she's popular. To not add her would be dumb on Disney's part.

OK, this is gonna come off as really technical...my apologies...

Regarding Vanelope, she rejects her princess-hood and chooses, instead, to be a president. So I would say, no, she doesn't count as a princess. Same with Giselle. Despite the real life marketing reasons, Gisselle never marries prince Edward. She marries a comoner and even says so in the movie that she is not a princess. so it makes sense to me that she is not featured.
I am in the group that would say that any princess created by pixar while pixar is under Disney ownership should be considered a Disney Princess. I know many of you will be upset with that but Walt was an innovator who, if he were still alive today would probably embraced CGI technology. Making movies alongside with hand drawn films based on the story and what technology would best fit the direction and style that the film needed to portrey.

taz0162

Original Poster
What?? Rapunzel is not a princess??? What is CGI and why does that make her not a princess??:eek:
CGI - Computer Generated Image - many feel that the film has to be hand drawn for the character to constitute as being a princess. I'm on your side here my daughter made the cutest Rapunzel for one of her Halloween outfits this year. (We live in the midwest and Halloween night can get cold and princess dresses are not made for colder weather but she can wear it at WDW next month).

TropicalFig8

Well,I think because the princess is already a princess,they're considered one.
Merida didn't get married,and she's probably going to be added to the line up.
& What about that Princess Sophia character I keep seeing commercials for?
Vanellope's the first Disney princess/president.

Oh,and regarding Giselle. She wasn't even a princess in the movie. If she had married Edward,Disney would have to add her to the line up.

jlsHouston

CGI - Computer Generated Image - many feel that the film has to be hand drawn for the character to constitute as being a princess. I'm on your side here my daughter made the cutest Rapunzel for one of her Halloween outfits this year. (We live in the midwest and Halloween night can get cold and princess dresses are not made for colder weather but she can wear it at WDW next month).

Hmm and the reasoning for hand drawn versus computer generated? Especially like you pointed out if Walt were still alive, given the innovator he was I have a hard time picturing him NOT using the CGI technology to make films...

Monkee Girl

Well,I think because the princess is already a princess,they're considered one.
Merida didn't get married,and she's probably going to be added to the line up.
& What about that Princess Sophia character I keep seeing commercials for?
Vanellope's the first Disney princess/president.

Oh,and regarding Giselle. She wasn't even a princess in the movie. If she had married Edward,Disney would have to add her to the line up.

Yep, agree. Merida was a princess by blood though so she is a princess.

I don't know what they would do about Sophia. The princess label uses more older characters and Sophia would be a little young compared to them. She also does not stem from a major motion picture so I don't think they would count her.

Monkee Girl

And Disney princesses have to either be over age 16 or show off ample boobage.

Makes sense. Maybe they can have a 'little princess' line featuring Tiger Lilly, Elonwy, Sophia & Melody,

You know what? I think we need a list of all the Disney princesses cause Ariel's sisters are princesses as well, so why don't they count? and why is Mulan counted as a princess when the Emperor has three daughters that are actual princesses (though they are in a sequel and don't count I guess)? probably because a picture of all of them couldn't fit on a lunch box, lol

Ok, done rambling...for now, lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom