New Disney Princess?

FettFan

No. Disney princesses are supposed to be ANIMATED.

(preferably HAND DRAWN animated at that...I'm still wondering why the aych-ee-double-hockeysticks Rapunzel even counts.)

taz0162

Original Poster
I think it'd be kinda cool if she was. Instead of a princess from fairytales set years in the past, Leia'd be the first to be from the distant future. Having a Sci-Fi Disney Princess would be okay in my book!
Though Star Wars appears to have better technology then today. It all happened A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away. Each of the films start with that saying. So we would still have a princess from the past. Whose been around since before Ariel, Bell, Jasmine, Tiana and Rapunzel.

ellie-badge

Though Star Wars appears to have better technology then today. It all happened A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far Far Away. Each of the films start with that saying. So we would still have a princess from the past. Whose been around since before Ariel, Bell, Jasmine, Tiana and Rapunzel.

That's true... I kinda always thought the beginning of every movie treated the audience as though we were from the future as well, personally. It'd be basically telling generations ahead of our time about their own fairytale. That's how I always looked at it.

taz0162

Original Poster
mandal0re_detail_em.jpg

Found this online. But...It's got Mulan and Pocahontas who are not considered princesses. But that's another thread in itself.

stlbobby

(preferably HAND DRAWN animated at that...I'm still wondering why the aych-ee-double-hockeysticks Rapunzel even counts.)

The following is to be read in a scratchy old man voice:

...And we all had to walk uphill in a snowstorm to the buggy-whip factory, just to earn enough for an ice cold sarsaparilla, and we liked it. That's the way it should be and nothing now will ever be as good.

Animaniac93-98

Because her movie is a part of the offical "classics" cannon as are Bolt, Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons which are all CGI, but made by WDFA.

ellie-badge

I hate people with this precise close-minded opinion. Walt Disney was all about moving forward technologically and was known to go crazy over things that would improve his animated films or make them more efficient. You would know that if you knew anything about him to begin with.

If Walt were still alive, every single movie that'd be coming from Walt Disney Animation would have probably been reverted to CGI YEARS ago... maybe sooner if The Disney Company hadn't thought John Lasseter was a nutcase and fired him.

I bet you won't like the idea of Merida joining the Disney Princess line, huh? She's currently in the process of becoming one. It took Rapunzel approximately two years to become an official one for reasons I don't know, so perhaps it'll be just as long for Merida.

Also, food for though: Giselle from Enchanted was originally going to be added to the Disney Princess line, but Disney went the cheap route and decided to pull all Enchanted merch from the shelves because they realized that they'd have to pay royalties to the actors for using their image.

/end rant

ellie-badge

Kida from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Does she count as a princess? Good character in an awful movie. I can see why she'd be overlooked.

She's not a princess because she's not in the official Disney Princess line. Besides, Atlantis: The Lost Empire was set in 1914, not the future.

ellie-badge

Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty take place in the 1800's, and Princess Lea lived A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. How is Kida different?

I don't understand what you're asking? She's not a princess because she's not in the official Disney Princess line.

And yes, I get that I goofed up a few posts ago w/ saying Princess Leia was from the future. This is the third time someone emphasized that to me in this thread. If it's all the same to everyone I'd like people to stop correcting me. (Nothing against you Bob Saget, I'm just getting a little sick of being corrected for something I already replied to and acknowledged.)

Edit: OH WOW I'M BEING AN AIRHEAD. Sci-Fi doesn't exactly equal future. My bad, Bob. Yeah, Kida would be considered Sci-Fi, though technically not a princess.

ellie-badge

Sorry for being such a knucklehead on this thread, my sleep schedule is way off as I've been trying to keep up with my college work. I think I've pulled too many all-nighters. :confused:

Bob Saget

Edit: OH WOW I'M BEING AN AIRHEAD. Sci-Fi doesn't exactly equal future. My bad, Bob. Yeah, Kida would be considered Sci-Fi, though technically not a princess.
No hard feelings. I was just wondering about Kida being Disney's first "sci-fi" princess since she's in what is considered to be a sci-fi film (not a good one, but sci-fi nonetheless). Figured she'd be a princess due to her father's position as king of Atlantis, or whatever he was supposed to be. But I get it now about the whole Disney princess line thing.
(And that's also a film Disney may just want to forget ever happened).

ellie-badge

No hard feelings. I was just wondering about Kida being Disney's first "sci-fi" princess since she's in what is considered to be a sci-fi film (not a good one, but sci-fi nonetheless). Figured she'd be a princess due to her father's position as king of Atlantis, or whatever he was supposed to be. But I get it now about the whole Disney princess line thing.
(And that's also a film Disney may just want to forget ever happened).

Thanks for understanding. :) Yeah, Kida technically is a princess, but not a full-fledged Disney Princess. Atlantis' success (or lack thereof, I should say) was probably the cause of her not having achieved such a high status.

I personally sort of enjoy Atlantis, although it's definitely not one of my favorites. It's certainly at the bottom of my list. If there's one movie that I wish had NEVER happened... I think that award goes to Chicken Little. My hatred for that movie burns like a thousand suns.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom