New Disney Parks Blu-ray/DVD June 1st!

WorldKey

Best Buy has Blu Ray for $20

Sam's club accidently put these dvd/bluray out on the shelves last month....when I tried to buy them they wouldn't ring up - guess because of predetermined release date. Anyway, the 6 disc dvd definitely has much more content. If you are willing to wait and have a Sam's near you and want the rock bottom price, the dvd set was prices at $18.85. That is if you can catch it on the shelf. :)

LoriMistress

Yikes! don't pay $50 for the DVD set, Best Buy started selling it today for $25. It includes:
-Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes
-Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
-Ultimate Walt Disney World
-Disney's Animal Kingdom
-Disney Cruise Line
-Undiscovered Disney Parks

I'm watching them now, it's the same specials they show on Travel Channel all the time, but now I can clear them off my DVR.

The Blu-ray set only has the first three I listed if I'm not mistaken. I'm watching them now if you have any questions about them

Cool! Thanks for the head's up on Best Buy. I'm going to let my DH know what I want for my birthday. (It's on the 6th). :D

Mikester71

Sam's club accidently put these dvd/bluray out on the shelves last month....when I tried to buy them they wouldn't ring up - guess because of predetermined release date. Anyway, the 6 disc dvd definitely has much more content. If you are willing to wait and have a Sam's near you and want the rock bottom price, the dvd set was prices at $18.85. That is if you can catch it on the shelf. :)

Cool...thanks for the heads up! Wife usually hits up Sams Club at least once every week or two, so will have to have her look next time she goes over. :sohappy:

10Magic

The best WDW documentary I've seen was the History Channel's updated "Modern Marvels" 2-hour special from last year. However, when I bought the DVD, it was an older version (pre-Expedition Everest and Toy Story Midway Mania) than the one that recently aired. Does anyone know where I can find the more current version?

kirstenoel

This is making me jealous!!! Hopefully they'll bring them out on Region 2 sometime soon so us in the UK can join in the fun!!! :sohappy:

goofykt

Yikes! don't pay $50 for the DVD set, Best Buy started selling it today for $25. It includes:
-Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes
-Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
-Ultimate Walt Disney World
-Disney's Animal Kingdom
-Disney Cruise Line
-Undiscovered Disney Parks

I'm watching them now, it's the same specials they show on Travel Channel all the time, but now I can clear them off my DVR.

The Blu-ray set only has the first three I listed if I'm not mistaken. I'm watching them now if you have any questions about them

Ditto that. I came across the set when I was browsing around Best Buy on the 29th. It was only $25.

RSoxNo1

With Shipping, the set is only $27.97 on Amazon. I went with the DVDs instead of the Blu Ray. I assume that the other 3 specials were never transferred to Blu Ray

_Scar

Not worth it, but I did notice something VERY cool on the DAK DVD.

At the end, when talking about future plans, they showed a computer model for Journey to the Center of the Earth with the big lava monster.

Anyone else notice?

mp2bill

To find it on Amazon or BnN, just search for "Disney Parks"

BTW, these are not the shows on the travel channel are they? The company who made the set is called "Questar" I have never heard of them so I doubt it.

It looks like they are. The episodes listed on the DVDs are all shows that were created by Lightship Entertainment that aired on the Travel Channel.

Awwwwwwm this stinks. I was hoping for a new take on the parks (even if they reused most of the footage).

JrBernal83

Original Poster
I watched all of them except the DAK...which i will be watching tonight. I will look for the Journey to the center of the earth part...
They have added a bunch of stuff to these specials..Details on the California adventure cars land, etc. They added TSMM and Everest to the ultimate Disney world DVD. Also extended scenes...more footage for indy @ DL, space mountain create a coster at quest.

Only 2 dvds are HD. But im glad I bought the set and not the Bluray

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom