New Disney Park in America?

WDWFanatic007

Original Poster
I think it could happen,a little magic and....I'm just joking!!! But I think it's a possible idea in the works??? Why not???? With just two states that aquire Disney Themed Resort and Parks this could expand over the entire nation!!!! Here are some of my predictions:
1). Las Vegas,NV
2). Baltimore,MD
3). San Francisco,CA
4). Seattle,WA
5). Phoneix,AZ
6). Houston/San Antonio,TX

stitchcastle

While i think it's a noble dream to "expand over the entire nation", It would make the two existing resorts even less special and make the whole franchise "just another six flags"

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Not going to happen. There is no reason for them to build a third resort. But for fun, lets go through your list

1) Las Vegas - Not a family destination. Chance: 0%
2) Baltimore - Too cold. The "Disney's America" attempt in VA probably put the company off from using the area as well. Not happening. Chance: 1%
3) San Francisco - Too close to DLR. Chance: 0%
4) Seattle - Too cold, rainy, and out of the way. Chance: 0%
5) Phoenix - Too hot, too close to DLR. Chance: .5%
6) Houston - People from this area can go to either resort without too much of a problem. Chance 2%

no2apprentice

1) Too much sin.
2) Too cold in the winter.
3) Too close to DL.
4) Too much rain.
5) Too close to DL.
6) Actually, not bad...weather is okay, location sort of in the middle of DL and WDW...

NAH. Just keep the two we've got. :D

EDIT - This is just too scary, Thrawn. Honest, I didn't copy you. Honest. REALLY! :lookaroun :lol:

tigger248

WDWFanatic007 said:
I think it could happen,a little magic and....I'm just joking!!! But I think it's a possible idea in the works??? Why not???? With just two states that aquire Disney Themed Resort and Parks this could expand over the entire nation!!!! Here are some of my predictions:
1). Las Vegas,NV
2). Baltimore,MD
3). San Francisco,CA
4). Seattle,WA
5). Phoneix,AZ

As nice as it would be to have more disney parks, I don't think this would be such a good idea. With each park, the magic would lesson more and more. Before long it would be just another neighborhood park like many of those local parks that we all complain so much about. (ie, Six Flags, ...) Remember the Disney Stores? They started out as an awesome way to relive some of the magic at home. Slowly they became more and more like just another mall toy/kids store (now that Children's Place owns them, that's all they are). Granted I love the Disney Store (I used to be a cm there), but they are not nearly as awesome as they once were. I would certainly hate for that to happen to the disney theme parks as well.

LoriMistress

Thrawn said:
Not going to happen. There is no reason for them to build a third resort. But for fun, lets go through your list

1) Las Vegas - Not a family destination. Chance: 0%
2) Baltimore - Too cold. The "Disney's America" attempt in VA probably put the company off from using the area as well. Not happening. Chance: 1%
3) San Francisco - Too close to DLR. Chance: 0%
4) Seattle - Too cold, rainy, and out of the way. Chance: 0%
5) Phoenix - Too hot, too close to DLR. Chance: .5%
6) Houston - People from this area can go to either resort without too much of a problem. Chance 2%

There is no room in San Fransisco for a theme park. People in San Fransisco can drive or fly to DL with no problem.

TALON819

Disney's Winterwonderland/ New England Paradise

A Cool Idea Would Be That Disney Should Put A Resort/park In Vermont. If They Take A Section Of A Mountain, They Can Have A Ski Resort, How Cool Would That Be, A Disney Ski Resort!! Also They Could Have Tubing And Sledding For The Younger Kids., And The Christmas And New Years Celebration Would Be Spectacular. Also Maybe Build A Skating Rink. Everyday They Would Have Ice Carvings Of All The Disney Characters. They Could Have Sleigh Rides Thru A Christmas Tree Lit Forest, With Christmas Music Ringing Thru The Trees. One Resort Could Be Called The Great White North Lodge. During The Summer Months They Could Have A Regular Theme Park, With All The Disney Rides. But The Nice Thing Is The Heat Will Never Be Really Bad In Vermont. With So Much Forest In Vermont They Could Have A Nature Walk Trail, So That You Could See Deer Or Moose Or Other Local Creatures, Or Just Maybe Go On A Picnic With The Family, And Have A Train Or Gondola Ride That Takes You To The Top Of The Mountain, And Have A Mountain Top Restaraunt. A Summer Resort Could Be Called The "old Time Inn" Which Would Reflect The Local Inns Around New England...it Was Just A Thought, You All May Add Some Ideas....thanks For Reading....talon819

Lynx04

While I fully support expansion in Asia, adding another park in the US would not benefit the Disney company in any way. All it would do is reduce the amount of guests that visit WDW. WDW generates more money then any other park that would be built in another city in the country.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
jiddng said:
My son suggested a "Disney Heritage Park" - a theme park for all the retired rides, Horizons, 20KLUTS, MTWR, etc......

Except for one thing: There is a reason these rides closed.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TALON819 said:
A Cool Idea Would Be That Disney Should Put A Resort/park In Vermont. If They Take A Section Of A Mountain, They Can Have A Ski Resort, How Cool Would That Be, A Disney Ski Resort!! Also They Could Have Tubing And Sledding For The Younger Kids., And The Christmas And New Years Celebration Would Be Spectacular. Also Maybe Build A Skating Rink. Everyday They Would Have Ice Carvings Of All The Disney Characters. They Could Have Sleigh Rides Thru A Christmas Tree Lit Forest, With Christmas Music Ringing Thru The Trees. One Resort Could Be Called The Great White North Lodge. During The Summer Months They Could Have A Regular Theme Park, With All The Disney Rides. But The Nice Thing Is The Heat Will Never Be Really Bad In Vermont. With So Much Forest In Vermont They Could Have A Nature Walk Trail, So That You Could See Deer Or Moose Or Other Local Creatures, Or Just Maybe Go On A Picnic With The Family, And Have A Train Or Gondola Ride That Takes You To The Top Of The Mountain, And Have A Mountain Top Restaraunt. A Summer Resort Could Be Called The "old Time Inn" Which Would Reflect The Local Inns Around New England...it Was Just A Thought, You All May Add Some Ideas....thanks For Reading....talon819

I'd guess you are from Vermont. The ski resort and all that, there is no way Disney can do that differently. A ski resort is a ski resort. Same with the nature trail. Plus, nature trails don't make money. Also, people don't want to go on vacation to COLD places in the winter, unless they are skiing, and those are usually people that live in cold places. It would not draw the rest of the country. As far as the summer months, people usually WANT it to be pretty warm, not only "cool" like Vermont summers are. Sorry but the whole idea just doesn't work.

Oh, and don't capitalize every word. And welcome to the boards.

Lynx04

Thrawn said:
Except for one thing: There is a reason these rides closed.

Exactly, the only people that would visit the park is us fans. I don't see some one paying $50 to ride attractions that have been replaced. This idea only sounds good in your head, until you actually start thinking about it.

RCMAN2001

TALON819 said:

This idea is not bad and its actually really possible. Remember walt's mineral king resort that was never built? He wanted to build a resort (I think there was skiing). But anyway, disney could build a Disney's Vacation Club resort in Colorado for example because alot more people go to colorado in the winter to go skiing then you would imagine. My idea is to have your normal ski resort but have everything top of the line in quality and customer service. The resort could be a really nice hotel with character dinners, a Cirque du Soleil, themed dining, spas, shopping, nature trails for biking and hiking, ect... It wouldnt interfere with the other disney resort's attendence because its a completely different market.

njblackberry

A theme park in Houston? In the summer we can have attractions like "Watch Stitch Fry An Egg On The Sidewalk". The heat and humidity will make Orlando look like Vermont! They put a (retractable) roof on the baseball stadium for a good reason!

tigger248

RCMAN2001 said:
This idea is not bad and its actually really possible. Remember walt's mineral king resort that was never built? He wanted to build a resort (I think there was skiing). But anyway, disney could build a Disney's Vacation Club resort in Colorado for example because alot more people go to colorado in the winter to go skiing then you would imagine. My idea is to have your normal ski resort but have everything top of the line in quality and customer service. The resort could be a really nice hotel with character dinners, a Cirque du Soleil, themed dining, spas, shopping, nature trails for biking and hiking, ect... It wouldnt interfere with the other disney resort's attendence because its a completely different market.

This one may work. It's not too different from the recently launched disney sponsered Hawaii and Yosemite vacation packages. The resort itself could be similar to Disney's resorts in Vero Beach or Hilton Head Island.

MiklCraw4d

tigger248 said:
This one may work. It's not too different from the recently launched disney sponsered Hawaii and Yosemite vacation packages. The resort itself could be similar to Disney's resorts in Vero Beach or Hilton Head Island.

Yep... I'm sure they have all the extensive work done on Mineral King still in the archives. If Disney were to expand to other locations I'm sure it wouldn't be for more Magic Kingdoms but for more specialized, Mineral King or DVC style resorts. In fact, if they tied such an outdoorsy destination in with DVC I'm sure it would be successful.

AngryEyes

njblackberry said:
A theme park in Houston? In the summer we can have attractions like "Watch Stitch Fry An Egg On The Sidewalk". The heat and humidity will make Orlando look like Vermont! They put a (retractable) roof on the baseball stadium for a good reason!

Las Vegas would actually be great for 7 months of the year. The rest of the year? Too much sin? No. Too much sun? Yes! I do think it would be interesting to have legal wagering on which costumed character will pass out first each day. I'd have to say Mickey or Minnie would be the odds on favorites with all that black, though Sully is awfully furry...

Montu

WDWFanatic007 said:
1). Las Vegas,NV
2). Baltimore,MD
3). San Francisco,CA
4). Seattle,WA
5). Phoneix,AZ

So - your whole point is that Disney should have parks in more than two states in the US, yet one of your six suggestions is San Francisco.

San Francisco, CALIFORNIA.

Have a little vision.

RSoxNo1

Why not expand into some of the more boring states in the union. States with nothing, states like Delaware, Idaho, and the Dakotas. Might as well increase local tourism as long as we're burning imaginary dollars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom