New Disney Monorail

peter11435

Original Poster
Just returned form a great trip to Walt Disney World and four nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I seen that they have now released another Disney Monrail Set. This one with a purple stipe. I liked it so much I bought one for myself. The last thing I needed was to spend money on another monorail, but I had to have one. I found one here on Ebay if any one wants to see what it looks like.

peter11435

Original Poster
And also they are offering a special promotion. If you by the HO scale Walt Disney Word Railroad set. You can get the Train Station 50% off. Unfortunatly I already own both.

Chape19714

Neat to know, never did like Monorail Purple though. It had a engine failure when we were on it once, and it was not fun. lol that's a long story. Anyway, Thanks for the update, and i thought for a min. you ment the real one. lol.

Foolish Mortal

Chape19714 said:
Neat to know, never did like Monorail Purple though. It had a engine failure when we were on it once, and it was not fun. lol that's a long story. Anyway, Thanks for the update, and i thought for a min. you ment the real one. lol.

Chape, ya can't leave us hanging like that. Sounds like ya got a good story. Do tell. Even if ya have to create a new thread in the chit chat section. Or have you posted the story before and I missed it or forgot about it ?

peter11435

Original Poster
I was on Purple one night when the train stoped and the lights went out. We then slowly crawled to the MK station from near the contemporary. It seemed like it took forever. The train was then towed out to the round house.

phlydude

My wife is gonna be so mad at me when I tell her that I am buying this. She is gonna freak out because I already have every other monorail toy piece sitting in boxes taking up space!!

peter11435

Original Poster
phlydude said:
My wife is gonna be so mad at me when I tell her that I am buying this. She is gonna freak out because I already have every other monorail toy piece sitting in boxes taking up space!!
I Know, I have spent hundreds of dollars on monorail toys. The only thing I don't have is the black monorail.

phlydude

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
One of my Disney dreams is to buy one of those monorail toys. ME WANT!!!
They are getting harder and harder to find and people are commanding premiums on them when selling discontinued models on E-bay.

I did see a black one with a silver stripe for sale one time that was made by Disney in limited numbers for some kind of event. The starting bid was over $100 and it sold for close to $300.

One day in the far future, I will decide to sell them myself and my wife will be happy but I am not going to give them away!!!

peter11435

Original Poster
Does anyone know where I can find the blue disneyland monorail that came with the Golden Gate Bridge. And also I am would like to know if anyone has the California' Screamin Model. If so, how do you like it, and how well does it run.

phlydude

peter11435 said:
Does anyone know where I can find the blue disneyland monorail that came with the Golden Gate Bridge. And also I am would like to know if anyone has the California' Screamin Model. If so, how do you like it, and how well does it run.

I have seen them here and there on E-bay but they were no where nearly as popular as the WDW versions.

You can try calling WDW merchandising and see if they can help you because they did sell them at one time.

peter11435

Original Poster
phlydude said:
I have seen them here and there on E-bay but they were no where nearly as popular as the WDW versions.

You can try calling WDW merchandising and see if they can help you because they did sell them at one time.
Thanks, I seen them both at WDW in the past, but now wish I would have bought them. I could not find either one on my recent visit.

Joevn

corran horn said:
I'm still waiting for the 'blue wall' and 'green wall' accessories. :D

LOL After they came out with the hotel and Walt Disney World Gate signs it wouldn't be too far off...it should come complete with little stickers saying "This attraction is being refurbished for your future enjoyment"!

I LOVE my monorail toy. And the accessories and other attractions that they've come out with are so neat. I practically drooled at the large display at Once Upon a Toy...if only I had the money and space for it all. Took so much will power to leave without purchasing something. I'm contemplating getting Spaceship Earth or the Contemporary next time I go, though. :)

Joe

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom