News New 'Disney Junior Dance Party!' live show opening later this year at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disneyfan_76

This is great and all but where are Bingo, Rolly, and Hissy. Vampariana is cool but my Daughter LOVES her Puppy Dog Pals
... also, where are PJ Masks. They have been on Disney Junior for over two years. They were a huge hit and yet had no toys/products out until last year. They still have no presence in the parks.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
This is interesting and my three year old would love this though she may be a little too old for this when the floor is set to go. Just wish the puppets didn’t have to go. Even the adults loved them.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
... also, where are PJ Masks. They have been on Disney Junior for over two years. They were a huge hit and yet had no toys/products out until last year. They still have no presence in the parks.

That isn’t a Disney product. Done and released by a different studio. Disney just picked up the rights to air it on Disney junior.

Kman101

Probably a combination of capacity and the fact that they (somehow) still get high GSATS.

Well, I know why they won't, lol ... like you said, capacity in a park that has literally four rides, and somehow guests rate them highly I guess. I mean, but still ...

It was kind of tongue in cheek about how these shows just won't die.

tribbleorlfl

Glad they're updating the show with the current stable of popular shows and characters, but I will say I'm going to miss the puppets. Between my teenaged son and my Kindergartener daughter, we've seen a ton of DJL shows the past 12 years or so and there's something magical and engaging about the puppets that will not be replicated by the giant head characters that will be milling about a dance party.

Spectre

Glad they're updating the show with the current stable of popular shows and characters, but I will say I'm going to miss the puppets. Between my teenaged son and my Kindergartener daughter, we've seen a ton of DJL shows the past 12 years or so and there's something magical and engaging about the puppets that will not be replicated by the giant head characters that will be milling about a dance party.

I'm always so glad to see comments like this. I think there's a higher level of magic and suspension of disbelief with the puppets. They are brought to life with such passion that to me they are the definitive characters. I'll get into the show no matter how many times I've seen it and be brought to tears, because "Oh my gosh, there they are! They're real!". And that's just even with oversaturated Mickey and crew let alone the characters we get to see here that don't normally have a presence in the parks. I've seen expressions on other guests that share the same wonderment. Not to mention the Puppeteers. So for me, this is going to be the most difficult closure I've ever had to face.

Angel Ariel

It should also be mentioned that, while this is called a Dance Party, it's not a dance party like the dance parties they have at the hard ticketed events. (At least not if the show coming to DHS is the same as the new one in DCA). It's not just unstructured dance time with characters wandering around. The structure of the new show in DCA was very similar to the old structure, just instead of puppets leading the story sections, it is full bodied characters.

I, too, miss the puppets, but was pleasantly surprised by the new show. DD also loved it, as Mickey and the Roadster Racers/Sofia/Doc are some of her favorite shows. Lion Guard I believe was also part of the show, but the characters just appeared on screen.

Spectre

Do they have an opening date for this we arrive 15th September and my little one would love this thanks

Unfortunately, it's going to take them longer than two weeks to rennovate and get the show together. Given the time frame DCA had, I'd expect around the end of October. Hopefully The DJ characters will still meet in that time, but I do wonder if and when they'll be rotating Jake and Sofia out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom