New Disney Bus Paint Scheme

Tom Morrow

Oh, not sure if it's been mentioned, but I saw a bus with a new paint scheme that was different from the ones pictured in this thread. Same colors, but different design. Wasn't able to grab a picture though.

I have no problem with Mickey on Disney stuff. Mickey fits. Mickey works. :)
Really? I think that's my biggest pet peeve with WDW merchandise. For the longest time it was tough to find attraction/park/resort-specific merchandise without characters plastered on it. They've gotten a lot better about this, though.

Oh, not sure if it's been mentioned, but I saw a bus with a new paint scheme that was different from the ones pictured in this thread. Same colors, but different design. Wasn't able to grab a picture though.

If I can find it, I'll bring me Kodak Brownie over when we come and I'll try and get a shot of it.

Prince-1

Now I am as big a fan of Disney as everyone else on here. Why I'm on here!! But as long as the busses work, are clean, air is flowing during the summer and have a nice paint job then I'm cool with them. They get me to point A to point B. Monorials seem to have more of a special place in my heart but they too are not themed.

Uncle Lupe

The first thing I thought of it looks like a Ohio State Buckeyes bus.
buckeye_sticker_300.jpg

Just needs some decals.

All Disney All The Time

One late evening at WDW I wanted to go to the Boardwalk and grab some cold ones at the brewery. I was staying at All Star Sports and planned on taking the bus from there to Downtown Disney and then change buses. I asked the driver where the bus from Downtown to the Boardwalk was located. As I was the only person on the bus he got on the mic and asked if he could take me directly to the Boardwalk. And that's what happened. Kudos to Disney bus drivers and kudos to the new paint job.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

I can explain that. There are TWO buses with the new scheme - one is painted, the other is wrapped. Theyre going to see which holds up better and go for the cheaper option.

DizFiz

I'm all in for a new fresh paint update for the Disney Trans Buses about time they update the paint.. but from what I see the paint scheme doesn't have that Disney feel to it like the old scheme has IMO.

Goofyernmost

I'm all in for a new fresh paint update for the Disney Trans Buses about time they update the paint.. but from what I see the paint scheme doesn't have that Disney feel to it like the old scheme has IMO.
If by old scheme you mean a white bus with the word Disney in large print, then you are right, it isn't the same. It lacks the whimsy that the old ones kinda portrayed. However, and I've said this before, it has incorporated a safety factor of red reflective paint, done in a clean smooth style that trumps the old design by miles. When it comes to basic transportation, I'll take safety over whimsy every single time. It still says Disney on the side of it and it is still going to the parks, etc. and it is basic transportation.:)

MaryJaneP

I can explain that. There are TWO buses with the new scheme - one is painted, the other is wrapped. Theyre going to see which holds up better and go for the cheaper option.

Understand the cheaper option will win but the wrap idea lends itself to movie/cruise/dvc/resort/event cross-promotion. Kinda like a more expansive monorail wrap option.

luv

The old busses are cute. The new ones are not. I don't care if it is painted, stamped or wrapped and am not even sure what all those things mean. I do understand "cute", though. I prefer cute and Yes, I like Mickey. So sue me.

Last time I was there, I still saw the regular (cute) busses. If I saw another, I didn't notice it. But it might have been mistaken for a Mears bus or shuttle - wasn't looking for them.

When are we supposed to see all these new "city" kind of busses?

AintNoOtherMan

I like it... I still think it could be better. I'd love a new design which resembles Tokyo's Mickey buses, but with a dash of color. I don't know why, but I have a slight preference to the older ones. But neither are jaw-dropping or anything.

To be honest, as long as it has wheels and a couple of seats, I don't really care what colour it is.

It's just great to see one when want to hit the parks!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
While at OKW in March, a bus with the new paint scheme was making the run to DHS. I liked it, and thought it looked much classier (well as classy as a bus can be).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom