New Discounts on Tickets for DVC Members

correcaminos

Original Poster
So they are offering 7 days for the price of 5, with a load of restrictions.

Anybody can pretty much get 5 days for the price of 3 - with standard restrictions,. if they put some effort into it.

Really not that much of a deal.
Actually if you read it, it has less restrictions than current park tickets (expire end of 2018). You have 6 months to use the ticket from first day, not 14. It just has to be first used by the end of next year. Then you have until the end of June 2019 to use all days. So not a full non-expiring ticket but you can sure stretch it out further than usual. If you don't want a park hopper it's a better deal than most have seen elsewhere.

The AP deal is great for those who want a new AP though. We're considering just getting these instead of renewing our Gold.

Phonedave

Actually if you read it, it has less restrictions than current park tickets (expire end of 2018). You have 6 months to use the ticket from first day, not 14. It just has to be first used by the end of next year. Then you have until the end of June 2019 to use all days. So not a full non-expiring ticket but you can sure stretch it out further than usual. If you don't want a park hopper it's a better deal than most have seen elsewhere.

The AP deal is great for those who want a new AP though. We're considering just getting these instead of renewing our Gold.

The Ap is a good deal. The fact that I have to START using the 7 day ticket by any date is a non-starter for me. The 6 month use is nice, especially for semi-locals (people who live within a resonable drive away). But for somebody like me, who just returned from WDW last week, and is not planning on going next year, and who likes to park hop, this is a very useless ticket. Again, especially given the fact that just about anybody can find similar discounts on the "open market" with a little effort.

-dave

correcaminos

Original Poster
The Ap is a good deal. The fact that I have to START using the 7 day ticket by any date is a non-starter for me. The 6 month use is nice, especially for semi-locals (people who live within a resonable drive away). But for somebody like me, who just returned from WDW last week, and is not planning on going next year, and who likes to park hop, this is a very useless ticket. Again, especially given the fact that just about anybody can find similar discounts on the "open market" with a little effort.

-dave
But that's the way they are doing all Disney tickets now. Use by 12/31/18 is listed on all tickets. While it might not be useful to you, it's still not a bad deal over all and better than a regular ticket. The park hopping won't save, but the non park hopping and park plus will save you money. The 6 months to use might be worth the extra $4 to some (cheapest found so far).

As someone who's owned for a long time, this is the first real park ticket option they've offered at a discount since they stopped giving admission for free. We did get the 4 for 4 deal but that was pretty useless as that was very restricted. This is the first time we're getting an extra perk (not just 14 days) and able to build or not. Since they started making the membership tiers I've noticed more little perks. I doubt we'll ever get free tickets again, but this is a step in a good direction IMO.

Makes me not be so darn negative on it. I am sure many will find it useful too.

biggy H

On my MDE account it says my new Platinum Plus DVC AP voucher is valid though to 12/31/2030... which contradicts that on the DVC AP page. I've not activated it yet, doing that in September.

correcaminos

Original Poster
On my MDE account it says my new Platinum Plus DVC AP voucher is valid though to 12/31/2030... which contradicts that on the DVC AP page. I've not activated it yet, doing that in September.
When did you purchase it? This was only released today. The previous purchases had the 2030 date until activated/used.

Biff215

Of course I just bought Gold AP's two weeks ago. Talked to DVC, and since they weren't activated yet, they say I can "upgrade" at Guest Services for free since the 25% off gives you the Platinum Plus at the Gold price. Does this sound correct?

We haven't done the water parks in about four years when they last offered the better pass at the lower price. Hoping this will work out for our trip next month, would really beat dropping an extra $200 at TL or BB.

gwhb75

Of course I just bought Gold AP's two weeks ago. Talked to DVC, and since they weren't activated yet, they say I can "upgrade" at Guest Services for free since the 25% off gives you the Platinum Plus at the Gold price. Does this sound correct?

We haven't done the water parks in about four years when they last offered the better pass at the lower price. Hoping this will work out for our trip next month, would really beat dropping an extra $200 at TL or BB.

Yeah, that sounds correct. What they do is deduct what you paid for the Gold pass against the price of the new platinum plus pass. Since they are both the same price you upgrade for "free". I would make sure of timing though (depending on when your first trip is planned) and try to get something in writing from them before you go in case you run into issues at Guest Services (which does happen from time to time).

Biff215

Yeah, that sounds correct. What they do is deduct what you paid for the Gold pass against the price of the new platinum plus pass. Since they are both the same price you upgrade for "free". I would make sure of timing though (depending on when your first trip is planned) and try to get something in writing from them before you go in case you run into issues at Guest Services (which does happen from time to time).
Thanks. We're going in late August so not too far away. I got the info in a chat with DVC but I also emailed them so hopefully I'll have something in writing. Looks like it will work since these discounted tickets can be purchased at the parks.

gwhb75

Thanks. We're going in late August so not too far away. I got the info in a chat with DVC but I also emailed them so hopefully I'll have something in writing. Looks like it will work since these discounted tickets can be purchased at the parks.

We're going at the end of August too. I'm on the phone with DVC now to see how much it will be to upgrade our current 9 day tickets (with parkhopper +) to the new Platinum passes.

gwhb75

Good luck, let us know what they say.

The upgrade for the four of us would be less than the price we were going to pay for memory maker, so we'll be doing it. Like you though, we can only do it at the park. I'm thinking it will cost more than that as we got the Canadian ticket deal (25% off the ticket price), so I'm anticipating it costing around $500 for the upgrade (I'm guessing the price she quoted us was the current ticket price as opposed to what we actually paid).

Phonedave

The upgrade for the four of us would be less than the price we were going to pay for memory maker, so we'll be doing it. Like you though, we can only do it at the park. I'm thinking it will cost more than that as we got the Canadian ticket deal (25% off the ticket price), so I'm anticipating it costing around $500 for the upgrade (I'm guessing the price she quoted us was the current ticket price as opposed to what we actually paid).

I don't know if this will work with your discount tickets, or if it even works at all anymore, however, you used to be able to "lock in" the full face value of the tickets by using them.

Lets say you paid $300 for what are face value $400 tickets. If you took those tickets directly to guest services and tried up upgrade them, you would be given $300 for each ticket - what you paid.

However, if you were to use a ticket to go into a park, and then go to guest services, the act of using the ticket causes it to "become" a regular ticket, and you would then get $400 towards your upgrade (you can upgrade a ticket at any time up to the last day of use)

I did this with tickets that I got through work at a discount. I upgraded them to an AP and got full face value, not the tickets at work discounted price.

I did it about 3 years ago, so things may have changed, but I have not heard otherwise.

-dave

gwhb75

I don't know if this will work with your discount tickets, or if it even works at all anymore, however, you used to be able to "lock in" the full face value of the tickets by using them.

Lets say you paid $300 for what are face value $400 tickets. If you took those tickets directly to guest services and tried up upgrade them, you would be given $300 for each ticket - what you paid.

However, if you were to use a ticket to go into a park, and then go to guest services, the act of using the ticket causes it to "become" a regular ticket, and you would then get $400 towards your upgrade (you can upgrade a ticket at any time up to the last day of use)

I did this with tickets that I got through work at a discount. I upgraded them to an AP and got full face value, not the tickets at work discounted price.

I did it about 3 years ago, so things may have changed, but I have not heard otherwise.

-dave

I was wondering if that would work. It's worth giving it a shot. Thanks for the info.

FNG

My wife and I are eligible for renewal in early September. We have platinum passes, does anyone know if we could get Platinum Plus for the renewal discount price of the Platinum pass? The price difference isn't actually that much, so probably worth it just to upgrade, but thought I would check. We are back in October, so I will probably just talk to guest services when we are there and get it figured out.

correcaminos

Original Poster
My wife and I are eligible for renewal in early September. We have platinum passes, does anyone know if we could get Platinum Plus for the renewal discount price of the Platinum pass? The price difference isn't actually that much, so probably worth it just to upgrade, but thought I would check. We are back in October, so I will probably just talk to guest services when we are there and get it figured out.
There have been reports that you can get it for the Gold renewal price. They technically renewed to Gold and then upgraded to Platinum Plus immediately after via phone. You can go up and down to any level at renewal time.

FrostyNaples

Are the DVC AP's the same pricing discount as FL Resident? We have FL resident now, hoping to become DVC owners soon, curious if the DVC discount was even better than what we currently get, which is spectacular vs non FL resident pricing.

JaxFLBear

Are the DVC AP's the same pricing discount as FL Resident? We have FL resident now, hoping to become DVC owners soon, curious if the DVC discount was even better than what we currently get, which is spectacular vs non FL resident pricing.
Except for any special offers, DVC & FL Resident pricing for annual passes is identical. As a FL Resident, you are eligible for the monthly payment plan that's not available to DVC members unless also a FL Resident. There are also a number of annual passes that are only available to FL Residents: Silver, Weekday Select, Epcot After 4 and Water Park after 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom