New Dining Rules

Supermatt70

Original Poster
Believe me or not. I know what I'm talking about. This starts on August the 4th and WDW Dine does know about. They were all told yesterday. If they say they don't know then either they are not telling you the truth or you have a lame agent on the phone that can't read Folios.

After thinking about this last night, I might now think that it's not such a bad idea. It could really help WDTC, which is the bread and butter of WDW reservations and I only book character dining in advance anyway. I just feel really bad for the Cinderella's Royal Table people.

As for booking Crystal Palace 60 days out, again this policy goes into effect on 8/4/03. Maybe your booking window just opened up early by 30 days. Good luck to you!

Matt

A CM that only posts what he knows for sure!

Clemster

why should Disney make special previsions for AP holders who basically get entrance to Disney for 365 days a year for $365 where as someone who can only afford to fly over for a week or two every couple of years would have to pay $320 for a 7 day pass?!?

RogueHabit

Originally posted by charabby
Chef Mickey's and Garden Grill can currently be booked 120 days out - I have both of them booked and we're about 95 days or so out. I think Crystal Palace is 60 days out - isn't that in MK?
Yes, it is in MK.

Everywhere I've looked says that they are 60 day PS restaurants. Maybe I'll give them a try tomorrow.

Edit: UPDATED - OK, so I just rang and booked Chef Mickey's for 20th Oct and Garden Grill for 24th Oct without a hitch.

However it is still currently 60 days for the Crystal Palace for Dinner, but it looks like that restaurant will not serve dinner on the evenings that MNSSHP is running, so we've had to go for dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern, ehich we here is a great place anyway. We couldn't get a PS until 7:05 which is going to mean a bit of a sprint from the gates to the restaurant and we won't be able to hang around in the park between 5pm and 7pm like we had hoped. :(

Grumpy56

According to the e-mail Scott at PSCalculator sent out this morning, 50% of the tables will be available 180 days out for those who have booked packages and the rest will be available 90 days out for everyone else. Also he said they are still working out the details so there won't be verification until Aug 4th. He also says they haven't decided whether to include Cindy's breakfast yet. So it may not so bad....we'll just have to wait and see.:)

spr0m

Scott just added this info in his yahoo group message board in regards to DVC and AP Holders

NEW INFO: Looks like anybody booked at a WDW Resort will be
able to call 180 days in advance. This is not fully confirmed
yet so stay tuned!!!!! So, this should cover the above groups
I just mentioned but again, this is not confirmed.

Disneyfalcon

Well I hope the last post is right. Otherwise this is really bad news for military. Many of us have grown to love Shades of Green and could never get a package deal for the same quality hotel and price. This will really hurt us from getting the poplular ressies.
Bad luck for me too, we were hoping to make Cindy reservations on October 8th which would put our window for ressies about 5 days after this new policy will take effect. Once again, we are taking advantage of the armed forces salute and do not have a package, but are staying at Disney resorts.
Fingers crossed this works out well!

Supermatt70

Original Poster
OK--here's the newest info on this issue. As of 6:30 tonight we were told that the policy on 8/4 will now be that ALL guests may book at MOST all locations 90 days out. There will not be the 180 days rule for WDTC packages. This is a HUGE win for ALL guests!

I'll let you guys know if there's any other new info on this matter.

Matt

cindy_k

I've gotta say, this has to be the most half *** backwards way I have ever seen to change priority seating policy.

You would think they would announce this week for the new policy starting 3 months from now, so at least people would be prepared.

How many people are going to get closed out of their fair shot at CRT, because they haven't been reading a couple of websites this week and don't know that the 60 day mark that they circled in red on their calendar is about to be null and void.

You would think Disney would be better about this sort of thing.

Oh well, just my 2 cents.

Cindy in NY:brick: :brick: :brick:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
All I can say is ive already got mine so....na na na na na. Perhaps this is policy on the hoof and will be changed following one of the many guest surveys.

Supermatt70

Original Poster
Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
Matt
Please let us know if you hear about Cindy's. I am dying for ressies in Oct!

Disneyfalcon,

This new policy is for Cinderella's Royal Table/"Once Upon a Breakfast" too. So on 8/4 people will be able to call that morning for a PS for 10/04/03 through 11/02/03. The 10/04/03 date is the old 60 days out and 11/02/03 is the new 90 days out. So all dates in between are open for that morning to book. I hope this helps you. Good luck!

Matt

Disneyfalcon

FYI, I just called Disney dining to ask when I could make my reservations for Cinderellas breakfast. She gave me a date 60 days out. When I asked if they were going to change that policy Monday, she said yes if you have a package you could book 180 days out, or staying at a Disney hotel 90 days out.
She did say she didn't have all the details and she wasn't completely sure.

Supermatt70

Original Poster
Originally posted by Disneyfalcon
FYI, I just called Disney dining to ask when I could make my reservations for Cinderellas breakfast. She gave me a date 60 days out. When I asked if they were going to change that policy Monday, she said yes if you have a package you could book 180 days out, or staying at a Disney hotel 90 days out.
She did say she didn't have all the details and she wasn't completely sure.

Trust me Disneyfalcon, call for your PS on Monday morning just like everyone else. They are really really busy today because of phone problems in Orlando. You just got someone that insn't in the loop yet. Call on Monday.

Matt

Stefffe

well fortunatly...my 90 days is aug 5th or 6th anyway...so even if the 180 day thing doesnt work for me...ill still have mine in next week. but its good to know that i can get this sort of info from you folks....had i not known i could go ahead and call on the 4th...who knows what i would miss..(that is if it works for me)

~stefffe~

Disneyfalcon

Thanks Matt. I hope that didn't sound like I didn't believe you. I just thought it was interesting that even the operators are confused!

fngoofy

The following has been said, in part, by different people at differenct times. I just feel the need to sum up the facts on WDW and their marketing practices.
1. Disney is a for profit company, no profit, no fun.
2. WDW does this on plenty of things:
a. E-Ride Nights (only resort guests, not even CMs)
b. Early Entry (when its going, is only for resort guests)
c. Discounts on park tickets when bought with resort packages
3. As many can attest, you can often get seated at any restaurant you like, just dine at off peak times, just an hour or so + or – and you're in like Flynn.

Old School Comparison

1. There were only 6 restaurants that even merited a reservation in the whole darn place.

2. EPCOT opened; world showcase more than doubled the number of restaurants. The only way to get a reservation was to physically go to one of the kiosks in EPCOT, on the day you needed the reservation, and use the touch screen to make your reservation via an EPCOT operator*, first come first serve. My dad used to be able to make the run from the Contemporary to EPCOT and back in about 40 minutes.

3. Then they vastly improved the system by letting you use your in room phone to make the reservation, still only on the day of your meal.

My personal favorite was the phone reservation, only for resort guests, only on the day that you want to eat. But now there are so many things to do at WDW, you need to plan your time better, and PS makes that possible.

*The info kiosks at EPCOT were the coolest. They were touch screen before any of us had seen a personal computer. The fed you info on park hours, schedules, stuff like that. BUT THE COOLEST was when you made a reservation for one of the restaurants. You actually spoke to a reservationist to AND SAW on them on the screen, AND THEY COULD SEE YOU! Via a little camera mounted above the screen.

Those were the days, so lighten up on the hoo ha about the 180 days stuff, just go, eat, and have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom