New Digital Camera?

ADevereaux

Original Poster
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Anyone have a new digitial camera that they have taken with them to WDW that shoots good pics? I'm looking at a Kodak EasyShare 330 or an Olympus Camedia D580.

Anybody have good luck with those? For the record, I received a Nikon Coolpix 5600 for Christmas and....well, it isn't very good. :brick: I used to be a Nikon snob but no more!

Thanks for any and all replies! :)

Theresonly1

I have a kodak easyshare, don't know what # offhand, the only thing trouble I have is, lowlight conditions, I am still trying to master that. I can give you a piece of advise though, which ever you choose, get out there and try it out to see what all the different things do, I went to WDW with mine new, and wished I had followed that advise when it was given to me. :hammer:

Nemo14

ADevereaux said:

Anyone have a new digitial camera that they have taken with them to WDW that shoots good pics? I'm looking at a Kodak EasyShare 330 or an Olympus Camedia D580.

Anybody have good luck with those? For the record, I received a Nikon Coolpix 5600 for Christmas and....well, it isn't very good. :brick: I used to be a Nikon snob but no more!

What didn't you like about your Nikon? I have a Coolpix 5900 and I love it!

Craig & Lisa

I sell digital camera's, and all I can say is from personel choice is that the easyshares are exactly that, easy. My first one was a kodak and after alittle more than 4 years I graduated up to another easyshare, (display), no software, cables, but what I had in the computer still worked with the new one with no problems and the kodak web page offers free software updates too, so if you ever encounter a problem with the camera and computer just download new updates and that starightens them out.:D

sring

I have a Fujifilm A340. It;s a nice little point and shoot digital camera, but it has trouble focusing in "low light" conditions. Indoors without ever light in the room turned on is sometimes defined as low light.

slowbee

ADevereaux said:

I have the Kodak Easyshare Dx7590.. It's a great camera... has TONS of options and will allow you to adjust the settings for low light conditions... I take on an average of about 300 pictures each day we're at WDW and most of the time I'm surprised at the quality.

Low light conditions are a trick... but adjusting the shutter settings and flash controls will help that problem out.

marlaymike

I have a Mavica CD and it take good pictures!! An the best part is that you can put at least 100 pictures in a CD. I always take 10 CD's, I take lots of pictures.

megaroostitch

I also would have to agree that the Kodak easy share is the better camera. I got one for Christmas 2 years ago and I love it. It was my first digital camera and it was so easy that it took me no time to learn it and it also takes great pictures.

ADevereaux

Original Poster
Thanks for the Feedback!

Wow - thanks for replying everyone!:)

Nemo14 - my Nikon C5600 takes - with new batteries - a full 15 seconds for the flash to recharge. Now, that may not sound like a long time, but between shots where you have groups posing or kids running - it's eternal. :mad: I am an amateur photographer and by no means a novice, but the quality of photos from my 5600 tend on the 'softer' side. Not very vivid unless taken outdoors. I used to be a Nikon snob, but after my experience with the Coolpix (and the price :eek: ), I'll go with a different digital next time.

Thanks for the links, Miss M. I'm going to check those out! :sohappy:

Bluewaves

Personally I like the Olympus the lens tend to be a bit better and then pictures are a bit sharper, my opinion. Find a good store ask them what their return policy is and try one or the other find out which feels good in your hand take a pic of the same thing with both and see if they'll print it out for you take it home look at them and decide. neither are really bad cameras and of course which ever one you decide take it with on a day when the photos won't matter and learn what all the buttons do.

RonAnnArbor

You might also want to take a look at some of the new cameras with image stabilization = less blur even while kids are running around..

I would suggest you look at the
Olympus Stylus 810 - lowest price
Canon powershot SD700 - coolest small compact but more pricey
Canon powershot S3 - top of the line full feature digital camera

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom