New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I sent an email to disability services asking where CMs are usually located on Remy & Guardians to exit/reenter for restroom use since I'm not familiar with nor seen many in queue videos. The response was to speak with front line CMs. A bit disappointed as I just wanted to have some idea of where to find them if needed.
Surprisingly they also couldn't tell me if park EMS is aware of and able to use MyID medical info if I were to have an issue without my family around.
The EMS that services the Florida Disney parks is the District Fire Department, not part of the Disney company they are the ones to ask. The positions that are staffed are dependent on staffing and crowd levels. Regularly they are at the entrance to the queue, merge point and the vehicle loading area.

TrainsOfDisney

The EMS that services the Florida Disney parks is the District Fire Department, not part of the Disney company they are the ones to ask.
Saying they “are not part of the Disney company” is technically true, but then neither are the people who sell the balloons on Main Street. They are very much part of the Walt Disney World daily operations and operate exclusively on Walt Disney World property.

Vegas Disney Fan

So I was thinking the opposite—that the families who truly need DAS will be more likely to use it on omnimovers and people eaters, with fewer new DAS guests trying to do rides like Tron/Slinky/Rise/TBA several times a day— under that theory, you’d see more LL use reduction on headliners and less reduction on the family friendly rides.
It’s an interesting question and likely depends on the guest makeup, in our case it was very rare for us to use DAS for rides like Pirates, Haunted Mansion, etc and I don’t think we ever used it for rides like peoplemover, we ride them all but since our park time was usually open to about 1 and then sundown to fireworks those rides are all fairly easy to find with short lines when we’re there.

90% of our DAS use was for the rides that surpass a half hour within minutes of the park opening, that would include rides like Slinky, the Mountains, etc… it’s was also extremely rare for us to do any ride more than once a day though, our time at the parks was short so we were usually trying to get as much done as possible before the heat drove us back to the resort.

What data, specifically, would indicate that a person doesn't need DAS?
Of course no data will show anything with certainty. But, were I looking for overusers or unnecessary cases, I might look out for people who spend dozens of days per year in the parks and visit for long hours. I might pay attention to people who always use return times right on the dot and make another attraction selection immediately.

In my mind, DAS covers people whose visits might otherwise be more limited or more chaotic. Those things I mentioned above (keeping a tight schedule, tolerating crowds) would suggest a user might be able to tour in a more normal way.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
The fact Disney has basically kept an air-gap between Guest Relations, DAS policy management... and the operations of running the attractions is a recipe for disaster.

It basically creates a lack of ownership of the concern. On the GR side they just throw the ball over the fence to attractions and have no ownership of the woes the other team may create. And the attractions have no ownership of the woes they create... because complaints goto GR... not them.

It just festers a 'not my problem' environment where humans get to hide in silos.
Sorry I had to laugh as images of humans hiding in silos popped into mind.

The new system seems to rely on compartmentalization. Very frustrating to seek resolution when set up like that.

Vegas Disney Fan

Of course no data will show anything with certainty. But, were I looking for overusers or unnecessary cases, I might look out for people who spend dozens of days per year in the parks and visit for long hours. I might pay attention to people who always use return times right on the dot and make another attraction selection immediately.

In my mind, DAS covers people whose visits might otherwise be more limited or more chaotic. Those things I mentioned above (keeping a tight schedule, tolerating crowds) would suggest a user might be able to tour in a more normal way.
Since it’s app based I’m sure Disney could easily pull up the history of everyone who has ever used DAS, probably wouldn’t be hard to guess who’s a legitimate user and who’s abusing it simply based on how often they used it and how they used it.

Unfortunately they decided to just scrap the whole thing rather than trying to make it work.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Since it’s app based I’m sure Disney could easily pull up the history of everyone who has ever used DAS, probably wouldn’t be hard to guess who’s a legitimate user and who’s abusing it simply based on how often they used it and how they used it.

Unfortunately they decided to just scrap the whole thing rather than trying to make it work.
Some who are eligible under the new rules may be able to have an almost normal day using DAS but without it would be able to do next to nothing. If you want to know why PM me as I don't want to put a roadmap out here in public those I don't know the posting history of

RamblinWreck

Excuse me, but are you only on this forum to argue? These points and discussions have been answered appropriately in the course of all these pages. Please refer back and try not to argue nonsense points that have already been addressed. thank you.
I'll play devil's advocate here.

photomatt is unnecessarily combative, I agree.

However, his idea would actually allow Disney to continue to accommodate a wider range of disabilities through DAS. They would have to conduct DAS interviews farther in advance, for sure. But if they limited the number of DAS passes per day they could accommodate more disabilities, people would just have to plan ahead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom