New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

maemae74

I’d blame lack of exercise more than smoking, processed foods, vitamin D, etc.

When we were kids we had 3 channels of tv and board games, if there was nothing good on TV we were outside playing games and riding our bikes, there’s now hundreds of channels of tv, endless streaming, YouTube, thousands of video games, combine that with parents worry of what will happen if kids are outside and you get a bunch of kids sitting on the couch rather than running around.

Makes me glad I was a kid when I was.
As a first grade teacher I see every day the effects of unlimited amounts of screen time negatively affecting children both academically and socially emotionally. First graders when I first started teaching in 1998 versus now are not even com[arable. The EBD children then aren't even comparable to most so called neuro typical first graders now. I know this isn't a popular opinion but I believe it's mainly due to screen time and this new generation of parenting. The fact that many constantly validate their child's every emotion or feeling is causing a a generation of big emotion children who are unable to process simple disappointments in life .

Touchdown

And? Correlation is not causation. Not all of the new systems are in place. This summer has long expected to be slow.
It’s a data point. Lines have not generally been this low for a while. Let’s see what it shows and how long the lower waits stay this way. It’ll also potentially trend down in the next few weeks which would also more strongly point to DAS being related.

Angel Ariel

It’s a data point. Lines have not generally been this low for a while. Let’s see what it shows and how long the lower waits stay this way. It’ll also potentially trend down in the next few weeks which would also more strongly point to DAS being related.
I posted data yesterday showing Memorial Day weekend waits have averaged around 30 mins going back to 2016.

TrainsOfDisney

Can you show evidence of that? On my last visit to studios, which was a Saturday, the lines were similar. I’m not sure what you are trying to show here.

Touchdown

Can you show evidence of that? On my last visit to studios, which was a Saturday, the lines were similar. I’m not sure what you are trying to show here.
When I’ve gone since everything went back to normal, waits for the major rides all get to 60+ min in the middle of the day very regularly after the parks have been open for 2 hours. I’ve gone at a lot of different times, and checked the apps other times. Let’s see how this plays out.

natatomic

This is a Saturday of a long weekend. The park should be packed.
Not always. Labor Day and Memorial Day aren’t crazy as far as holiday crowds go. Labor Day is right after/just as people are going back to school, so most people don’t take their kids out of school right when it starts for a vacation. Memorial Day is just before summer vacation for many, so not everyone takes their kids out of school when they only have a week or two left. Very few people are making out of state vacation plans for just a 3 day weekend. Columbus Day and President’s Day tend to be the busiest because the coincide with so many people’s longer breaks (fall break and winter break), so they get more than just a long weekend.

Regardless of all of that, we still will probably not see much of an impact in lines related to the DAS change until closer to June 19th. Most current vacationers (aside from international ones) are still using their DAS under the old rules.

nickys

Premium Member
Two questions.
1. Why are wait times being posted in this thread? Any variants for the next month are unlikely to be related to DAS changes since most people currently Using DAS using it are under the old rules?
2.Why are people posting about childhood obesity, vitamins, sunscreen and other things completely unrelated to DAS?

Vegas Disney Fan

Two questions.
1. Why are wait times being posted in this thread? Any variants for the next month are unlikely to be related to DAS changes since most people currently Using DAS using it are under the old rules?
2.Why are people posting about childhood obesity, vitamins, sunscreen and other things completely unrelated to DAS?
The wait times are relevant, DAS was changed because it was causing line issues, tracking the next few months, while fewer and fewer people use DAS, should show a trend if it’s having an affect.

Why disability access is increasing is technically off topic but related to the subject.

nickys

Premium Member
The wait times are relevant, DAS was changed because it was causing line issues, tracking the next few months, while fewer and fewer people use DAS, should show a trend if it’s having an affect.

Why disability access is increasing is technically off topic but related to the subject.
Disability access is increasing???? Isn’t that what this is all about, that DAS is decreasing?

ConfettiCupcake

I am in the camp that it’s probably too early to notice any meaningful change in wait times, but do we have any knowledge about what the breakdown generally is between people who pre register for DAS and people who do it in park? The online community can make it seem like everybody knows and pre registers online, but I wonder what percentage that group really represents of overall users.

Have there been any reports on the state of the LL queues themselves? How’s Genie+ availability relative to what it normally would be on a slower day? That should be where change appears most clearly. The wait times in generally are so tied to the actual crowd levels that it’s hard to credit a lack of DAS for anything, no?

Angel Ariel

Disability access is increasing???? Isn’t that what this is all about, that DAS is decreasing?
I think Vegas may mean the rate of disability in the population is increasing, not access.

That said, I still don't see how criticizing parenting falls into that at all. Autism and developmental disabilities, which is what DAS is now ostensibly for, aren't a result of parenting choices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom