New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have a specific question - if we have a member who has an illness that requires use of a wheelchair at times, if they can technically wait in the line, but just in a wheelchair, that would not qualify for DAS, correct? Or does it?

Just need clarification before I tell someone.
Correct as ques are wheelchair accessible

DisneyCane

Wait a second…they might have messed up the messaging…but there is no way physical/medical limitations are not granted accommodations.

Put that one to rest.

This is meant to try to reign in the “unseen”…specifically spectrum disorders. ADHD and psychological conditions.
I'm sure there were people claiming they had some kind of anxiety disorder that required accommodations and things like that.

For a lot of attractions, the accommodations for physical disabilities are already present. There will absolutely be accommodations for attractions which don't have them built into the standby queue.

Angel Ariel

Yeah so basically if you have a doctors note Disney isn’t going to do a darn thing.

This will cut down abuse like 3% and make it a larger hassle for the people who need it.
My understanding was Disney is still not asking for medical documentation with this change.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sure there were people claiming they had some kind of anxiety disorder that required accommodations and things like that.

For a lot of attractions, the accommodations for physical disabilities are already present. There will absolutely be accommodations for attractions which don't have them built into the standby queue.
Oh I have no doubt

“I have agoraphobia…I need a line skip for New Year’s Eve at the Magic Kingdom”

Gringrinngghost

Wait a second…they might have messed up the messaging…but there is no way physical/medical limitations are not granted accommodations.

Put that one to rest.

This is meant to try to reign in the “unseen”…specifically spectrum disorders. ADHD and psychological conditions.
I think they need to clarify some of the messaging as its too vague.

That being said, they specifically note a developmental disability, and I guess I am still eligibile since I have medical documentation of having ADHD, which is a...developmental disability.
1712698640702.png

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Do we know or anticipate if this will increase the number of LLs available per hour of if the idea is to help standby times by straight reducing those going through LL. I'm cynical enough to believe the former and that many standby lines won't actually improve.

Angel Ariel

If we are going full minority report facial recognition to track every DAS user... the easy solution that doesn't even touch the "disability" conversation would be the following rule:
A DAS return time is an accommodation and substitute for the standby queue. As such any user, currently in possession of a DAS return time may not enter any attraction queue (standby or LL) or else their DAS return time will be cancelled.
They can also track the users through their shoes. https://www.disneydining.com/disney...-to-identify-guests-based-on-their-shoes-bb1/
No one who uses DAS and enters a standby queue is taking advantage or abusing anything. From Disney's DAS site, screenshot just now:

1712698774646.png

Someone can have difficulties waiting 45+ mins, but be ok at 15-20. Or be OK with outdoor queues (where sound dissipates more easily), and have more trouble with indoor queues..etc, etc. Disney explicitly allows this - if not encourages, since this is their FAQ.

Smiley/OCD

This is a terrible idea.

If anyone has done this thing over zoom before, you will know what I nightmare this is.

Last time I was on hold for 5 hours.
I had to do it twice…first time was in November 2021…that was a DISASTER…the second time was in December 2022…that time I was done within 20 minutes…

Dranth

There was abuse prior to Genie+, but the problem has gotten markedly worse since then.
The problem is bad people.

Toward the end of GAC there was rampant abuse as well and no paid anything causing the push. Yes, we all agree Disney should have been putting in more legit capacity but you know what you are getting into when you decide to go, gaming or abusing the system designed to help people who have a legit need is just gross and there is NOTHING in my mind that excuses that.

Gringrinngghost

Wait what?

I have adhd. Maybe I have a mild case or something but I certainly don’t need DAS.
I was medically diagnosed with ADHD in the mid 2000s and I was prescribed medication for it. I actually at the worst of it, and was at the peak prescribed at the high end of the medication. So there is even under the new rules what appears to be an eligibility for myself since there is proper medical documentation for myself pertaining back 20 years nearly. That all being said, I don’t have a DAS pass and have never applied for one. Hell I do not even buy Genie+, as I find the system to be worthless such as Universals and SeaWorlds programs. I have used both their programs within the scope of saying at a Universal Hotel and/or being a one time thing for my AP at Seaworld (Gold tier at Howl-o-Scream),

But pertaining specifically to the DAS, I also never saw the need or that I found myself to fit their eligibility for one. I was part of a group where members had DAS. Their DAS use case was for the time legitimate reasons, and even then they felt bad for using it even with legitimate reasons.

Matthew

This change makes me dubious about booking another trip.

My wife has FND, Cerebral Palsy and ME and there’s no way she could cope at WDW without a DAS pass, I wish there was a way to guarantee access before booking a trip since we usually book our two week trips over 12 months in advance.

dreamfinder912

I was medically diagnosed with ADHD in the mid 2000s and I was prescribed medication for it. I actually at the worst of it, and was at the peak prescribed at the high end of the medication. So there is even under the new rules what appears to be an eligibility for myself since there is proper medical documentation for myself pertaining back 20 years nearly. That all being said, I don’t have a DAS pass and have never applied for one. Hell I do not even buy Genie+, as I find the system to be worthless such as Universals and SeaWorlds programs. I have used both their programs within the scope of saying at a Universal Hotel and/or being a one time thing for my AP at Seaworld (Gold tier at Howl-o-Scream),

But pertaining specifically to the DAS, I also never saw the need or that I found myself to fit their eligibility for one. I was part of a group where members had DAS. Their DAS use case was for the time legitimate reasons, and even then they felt bad for using it even with legitimate reasons.
LITERALLY THOUGH like somewhere between "I wish I didn't need this" and that "I bet somebody else needs this even more" like feeling bad for taking pain meds for broken arm because someone has a shattered rib cage or something.

Angel Ariel

My wife has FND, Cerebral Palsy and ME and there’s no way she could cope at WDW without a DAS pass, I wish there was a way to guarantee access before booking a trip since we usually book our two week trips over 12 months in advance.
And of course DAS requires buying and linking non-refundable tickets before you can pre-register...

Gringrinngghost

Why not email Disney and ask for a clarification?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom