New DAS System at Walt Disney World 2024

pigglewiggle

This is going to turn a large block of DAS guests "unfairly or not" into paid LL guests, which probably won't make a difference in the wait times as they are already in the LL ...Plus some of the YouTube streamers..not all...will be back to waiting like everyone else

LLs sell out once it hits the cap. Doesn't matter how many more people are now buying, same amount of people.
Unless they raise cap of course.

lazyboy97o

It's one thing to say for developmental disabilities, like autism or similar (as is on Disneys site now), vs saying multiple specific diagnoses. There are many developmental and/or cognitive disabilities that result in significant needs, some of which may be well known, others of which are rare but no less significant.
It’s also dumb because they typically ignore statements about a diagnosis and seem to be continuing that. Further made difficult by listing examples that will almost certainly be taken by too many as “the” criteria.

Comped

The twist ending is Disney losing in the Supreme Court because a majority of the justices have been abusing DAS and don't want to pay for Genie+.
Sotomoyer may actually be borderline appropriate depending on complications from her diabetes. (I talked to her a bit when her relative (great nephew? Grand nephew? Something like that) was in a class at Valencia with me a few years ago. She used to call in and discuss legal stuff with us. Never anything health mentioned.)

But the rest? They don't qualify at all!

Splash4eva

Is anything going to work?

Things will go wrong at first. Then they will need to be tweaked.

Let's stop automatically assuming nothing is good enough.
You say that which i dont disagree but what about people who literally have trips planned in a short time coming up not knowing how this is going to work etc… its easy to say things etc when it doesnt effect people…

Tha Realest

There's a lawyer out there who just got VERYYYYY excited over this line. Waiting for this to change after someone chucks a lawsuit at Disney, especially as someone on the spectrum myself. It's only a matter of time until someone sues because Disney deemed the person applying for DAS had a 'mild case'.
Will you be going soon after May 20? You could test this hypothesis if you’d want to.

Moth

Will you be going soon after May 20? You could test this hypothesis if you’d want to.

God I wish.

To the first part. I'm too young and poor to sue Disney!

I'm not concerned about my eligibility in all honestly. I'm just concerned about the wording I guess? But like another poster said... just a game of telephone.

SamusAranX

It’s because it’s not a myth. It’s just also not the whole story.

It is skip the line access. It’s just not instant.
You skip the physical line. The whole point of DAS. Many who have utilized it including close friends of mine would most often wait in shops or get a coffee, rest up etc.

It’s those that took advantage of Disney in this case that forced their hand

RamblinWreck

You skip the physical line. The whole point of DAS. Many who have utilized it including close friends of mine would most often wait in shops or get a coffee, rest up etc.

It’s those that took advantage of Disney in this case that forced their hand
I don’t think it’s just those people and I don’t think Disney’s hand was forced.

I personally know multiple people who have been on the DAS. It was so absurdly easy to do.

Which is great that disabled people were treated so well, but it’s not like they had no options in front of them to make the process more stringent or restrictive.

And CM’s regularly offered up increasing the 6 person limit if someone was with a party of 7 or 8 people, without even being asked.

The very cynical side of me really believes that the last couple years, Disney’s strategy has been to make it as easy to abuse as possible because
1. It made lines longer and Genie+ seem more attractive to buy
2. To gather enough data on its ability to break the queuing system that they could effectively end the entire program for the vast majority of guests and be legally bulletproof.

The tipping point was when Genie+ started actually selling out Witt some regularity and DAS had ballooned to a point where they couldn’t add more Genie+ capacity.

DisneyCane

Sotomoyer may actually be borderline appropriate depending on complications from her diabetes. (I talked to her a bit when her relative (great nephew? Grand nephew? Something like that) was in a class at Valencia with me a few years ago. She used to call in and discuss legal stuff with us. Never anything health mentioned.)

But the rest? They don't qualify at all!
You should try and get her legal opinion on DAS as it would be helpful for this discussion!

LLs sell out once it hits the cap. Doesn't matter how many more people are now buying, same amount of people.
Unless they raise cap of course.
That’s a good point… this is sort of off topic but I do think that Disney (as magical and fun as it is) is unique in that it forces it’s guests to compete with each other for so many things (dinning reservations, LLs, disability accommodations ect) I really don’t know how to fix it, but it’s such a shame because it sort of sours the magic when it’s a constant competition .

Jrb1979

That’s a good point… this is sort of off topic but I do think that Disney (as magical and fun as it is) is unique in that it forces it’s guests to compete with each other for so many things (dinning reservations, LLs, disability accommodations ect) I really don’t know how to fix it, but it’s such a shame because it sort of sours the magic when it’s a constant competition .
One way to fix that is for guests to stop being ride pounders. I've been told multiple times Disney guests are supposed to do more than pound rides all day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom