New daily driver

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, not new, but CPO'd. 2018 Chevy Volt. It's a low mileage (23k) lease return that was priced about $5 under blue book from a franchised Chevy dealer, so I jumped on it. Volts tend to sell quickly in Miami, especially when they're reasonably priced, so when my sales rep at Autonation told me "it's here" at 7:30PM, I ran there to be the first person to get it. It needs to be detailed and needs a new cabin air filter, but they'll take care of those issues when I go back tomorrow.

Clean carfax, good service history, still has several warranties left on it. I'm pleased.

BrMLsnr.jpg

D1kpOQe.png

Last edited:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Not too shab. Needs an obnoxiously large faux carbon fiber wing on the back of it, and underglow TBH (cause Miami) :p.

I like a hybrid. Not ready to wean myself off of fossil fuel just yet. Range anxiety (which is becoming less and less of an issue with the tech getting better). Also have no where to plug it in (apartment life). I was looking at Tesla Model S (prior to buying the beast I currently have) - and preowned then (a few years ago) was out of my league. If Tesla just built a supercharger closer to me.. I might think about it, again.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Not too shab. Needs an obnoxiously large faux carbon fiber wing on the back of it, and underglow TBH (cause Miami) :p.

I like a hybrid. Not ready to wean myself off of fossil fuel just yet. Range anxiety (which is becoming less and less of an issue with the tech getting better). Also have no where to plug it in (apartment life). I was looking at Tesla Model S (prior to buying the beast I currently have) - and preowned then (a few years ago) was out of my league. If Tesla just built a supercharger closer to me.. I might think about it, again.

It's not quite a hybrid. It's an EV with a range extender, like a much MUCH less dorky BMW i3. I forgot to charge it yesterday, and due to the amount of driving the generator turned on. I didn't realize it until I accelerated to hit 70mph on the freeway, and I finally heard the engine rev. Usually I plug in overnight at my place with the level 1 charger, and occasionally I'll park it at my wife's work where they have a handful of free L2 chargers (we're both WFH, but she still has parking at her office) and run to/from there to get the car back later as my workout for the day (only 2 miles each way) if I forget to charge it during the week. My new apartment has 110 plugs all over and some tesla destination chargers which I have an adapter for, so charging there shouldn't be an issue.

I do love Teslas, but the QC issues and horrible post-sales support are major turn offs for me - as are my personal opinions on Elon Musk and his leadership style.

When I was comparison shopping this, I also considered getting a Bolt EUV, but lack of inventory made getting one specced to the level I wanted impossible. In a few years, I'll probably end up getting an Ultium based GM EV in the coming years, not Hummer EV, but maybe Caddy Lyriq. Or whatever else they drop. Or maybe a VW ID.4, since they seem to be selling horribly. Maybe they'll throw an insane amount of incentives on those.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
This car has one annoying "feature". To save weight, a lot of the body is made of aluminum instead of steel, meaning it's not magnetic.

That means no AP magnets on this car :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom