News New Crêperie restaurant coming to Epcot's France Pavilion as part of Ratatouille expansion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My Review:

1653585559895.png

You get a lot of crepe. A lot. It's bigger than the plate, so, they fold the rounded edge over in four quadrants creating a square crepe on a round plate.

You know what else would have worked? A smaller rounded crepe that fit the plate.

But that doesn't encase the filling you say. Well, then, do a once fold over. Because the problem with the fourfold fold is that you have these pointy corners with two, or three, or even four layers of crepes. And the corners have no filling because all the filling was plopped in the center. And now you have thick crepe with no filling, which is the antithesis of the whole idea of a crepe.

You know what plain crepe tastes like? How about four layers of plain crepe? It's not delicious. Being so thin, crepes can sometimes have a "bad mouth feel" (for me) in that it gets moist and starts feeling slimy because you can't just bite into it like one can with a waffle or a pancake. It squishes.

I would have preferred a waffle to the crepe.

So, for me, the crepe itself is kinda 'meh' and it's presentation exacerbates the issues I have with it. Just fold it over once like an omelette why donchya?

The fillings were good.

At the beginning of the week, the Creperie indoor seating was packed. Then in the past few days, it was empty. I asked the server and she said she thought they were tinkering with the number of reservations that the kitchen could keep up with.

And so, I won't go again unless people I'm with have a hankering to try it out, well, then, ok.

Last edited:

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
At the beginning of the week, the Creperie indoor seating was packed. Then in the past few dies, it was empty. I asked the server and she said she thought they were tinkering with the number of reservations that the kitchen could keep up with.

We've been twice, but the first time was during Remi previews and soft opening when everything was only slowly being ramped up. We loved the place and the food (just eat from the middle out and use the filling that falls out with the edges). On our second visit in early March the service was not great. Drinks, salads, and soups were quick but crepes took so very long to get to the table. I get the impression that they prioritize the walk-up window because it probably makes money faster than a table can turn over. And, man, they're really not worried about turning over tables.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom