New Countries In WS?

Horizons#1Fan

Original Poster
Is the reason that Disney hasn't put new countries in WS because they've run out of room? Just curious.

I tell you, as of now, I'd like to see France and Germany booted with Spain and Australia in their place.

bhg469

theres a little room for more countries, unfortunately the cances of eliminating germany and france are very slim. i always wanted ireland to be a country or scotland. theres alot of culture thats being overlooked there.

SirNim

there is a lot of room. Last time I check aerial views of WS, there were at least 2 or 3 plots large enough to build a country, inclusing the backstage area behind the Outpost, which has just got to go...

T1nker_Bell

new countries in the World Showcase depends completely on the sponsorship from the country and the country's funds. For example, Mexico has a rather run down ride because the pavillion has little funds to update it. Hopefully, new country pavillions will be added, but it all depends on money.

freaklarm

Originally posted by Horizons#1Fan
Is the reason that Disney hasn't put new countries in WS because they've run out of room? Just curious.

I tell you, as of now, I'd like to see France and Germany booted with Spain and Australia in their place.
I don't want to sound rude by any means with this, and if I do I'm sorry for that, but I think that Disney is not the place for us to brings our feelings about other countries because of certain polotical issues, the magic of Disney is that it takes the reallity away from us. Both countries are places with a great history and culture and dserve to be there.

bhg469

i thinks he was just referring to the pavilions being pretty uninteresting. thats what i meant by it. france has nothing to offer but alot of wine. germany has beer and sausage. im sure thats what he meant by that comment

RU42

France and Germany will not be going away.

I agree about Ireland and Scotland - I wish they would expand UK to have 2 other sections dedicated to those areas, my Scotish heritage aside.

South America would be intersting. Maybe do a polar one for both the Arctic and Antartic (move Coke with em.)

Russia is also a country with a rich history.

RU

bhg469

ireland and england together? its not a horrible idea but aside the political differences they are very different countries and i dont think it would fly. they definitely should be seperated, its kinda like US and canada being right next to each other.

freaklarm

Originally posted by bhg469
i thinks he was just referring to the pavilions being pretty uninteresting. thats what i meant by it. france has nothing to offer but alot of wine. germany has beer and sausage. im sure thats what he meant by that comment

If that is the case, then I apollogize for my comment. Anyway I think that both Pavillions have some fun to offer, like the show inside BierHall at Germany and the movie at France and the performer in the "streets" in both Pavillions. If we want to remove a country cuz it doesn't have anything to offer, I sugest Italy.

Horizons#1Fan

Original Poster
Originally posted by bhg469

No, actually, I don't like the French or German governments after all this nonsense. Actually, has nothing to do with the pavilions. :rolleyes:

Becky

I don't see any reason to remove any country from WS.

I am not real happy with the French and German governments right this minute but I am not angry at their people. Besides by the time I get to France I need to sit in a nice comfortable seat and listen to some soothing music. Impressions fits that need well.:) Not to mention the bakery:D

I am all for adding nations. Spain and Australia seem to be the choices of many people on here and they are good choices.:cool: Russia would be nice if they had the money.

West Virginia would be a good choice:lol: Sorry neighbor just teasing:D

Becky

Originally posted by freaklarm
I If we want to remove a country cuz it doesn't have anything to offer, I sugest Italy.

Hey, keep Italy but move the Beverly machine from Ice Station Cool to the Italian pavillion.:D

Yum, yum. Love that Beverly:eek:

BigNorm

I definately don't like the idea of removing the Germany, for obvious reasons. It just happens to be one of my favourite places to stop for a drink during a long hot day. However, I would like to see the Outpost section of WS removed and replaced w/ a Spain or Russia.

Also, I thought I heard something about an Israel pavilion years ago, but I think it was just a rumour, maybe it was just something for Millennium Villiage even.

freaklarm

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
I say any from Russia, Spain, Australia, Ireland, Greece, heck what about our newest ally, Iraq?

Not a bad idea at all, afterall they have more that 5000 years of culture and history to share. I really think Disney should bring back the Millenium Village, a place where you can showcase different countries and change the exhibitions every other year or so, you know so more countries could have the opportunity to be seing at Epcot.

imagineersrock

does anyone actually know approximatley how much more room there is for other countries in WS??

My guess, I would say probably around 5-7 more countries until its full...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom