New Construction for Midway Mania

Northgurl24

The construction that you see over by the Narnia walkthrough is just for plumbing. It is nothing spectacular. Construction, however, has begun on the new ride but it is all inside the soundstages. You wont be able to see anything from the outside.

Lee

Adventurer
If i am remebering correctly, Lee threw some info around here that the WDW version should be completed first and that they would be themed differantly between DL and WDW. So take as much salt as you need with this.

Yes, the WDW version will open first. Yes, due to it's location at the Studios as opposed to Paradise Pier, there will be thematic differences. How different? Not sure, but I'll ask around.

You just brightened up a dull, wet UK day
But...aren't they all that way? :veryconfu :lol:

Epcot82Guy

Thanks as always, Lee. Glad to see you were balancing on the wall, holding construction folks at gun point... :lookaroun

Regardless, I think this ride system has some cool potential. I think if they make a nice back studio or cartoon studio or some related tie in, this will be a much needed addition to the Studios.

Shaman

Thanks as always, Lee. Glad to see you were balancing on the wall, holding construction folks at gun point... :lookaroun

Regardless, I think this ride system has some cool potential. I think if they make a nice back studio or cartoon studio or some related tie in, this will be a much needed addition to the Studios.

Seeing as it could be Toy Story themed...they could pretty much run with the idea of the movie: toys that come alive when no one is looking. With all the toys in a studio...I'm sure it will fit.

:lookaroun :D

(I can't wait for this to open...the concept sounds cool)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
An interactive dark ride going into the Studios and DCA. Toy Story themed.
I can`t help but think with a bit of plussing and retheming this could finally have been MGMs Cartoon Spin with a different slant.

But since Pixar rule the roost...

DonnieDarko

It will be the same Midway Mania going into DCA. Yes it won't make a whole lot of sense but neither does Soarin'.

Also the construction near Narnia is not for plumbing (although some of that was rerouted a few months earlier) and they are expanding the building out a bit over there.

We've been having trouble with guests complaining about the noise of construction while waiting for Narnia. If anyone has the time to get a picture posted, the outline of this new stretch of the building is already up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom