New construction at Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Austin1

What will it take to make Animal Kingdom a full day park?

1.A Nighttime show, maybe like a hybrid illuminations and fantasmic mix.
2. Two additional E & D ticket attractions (or maybe an entire new land)
3. A few more sit down restraunts

What do you guys think?

chipanddalefan5

Just thought i'd throw in my opinion:lol: :
I think asia should be expanded animal wise(adding pandas might be risky,but it would attract a lot of visitors and disney always makes nice enviroments for the animals to live in, i mean take africa for example and how huge it is. getting China to agree shouldn't be a BIG deal.)I also agree with a rainforest land, there are so many animals living in the rainforest that they could add to the park. whoever posted about the snake ride that's kind of like everest, that would be a cool thrill ride. BK would fit right into AK and disney could make up a lot of rides using that theme. Finally, a walk to Rafiki's Planet, a good idea that i hope is going to be done by the end of the year, if not sooner.

chipanddalefan5

I agree with Austin 1, those three things are keen to making AK a fullday park, but for reason 2 i think a whole land should be put in not just 1 or 2 new attractions.

ToTBellHop

The problem with the rainforest is that most of the animals there like to hide--and with the copious folliage, it is easy for them to. It would be very difficult for Disney to put together an authentic, large scale exhibit that the animals would enjoy where guests could also see them. They also risk becoming too repetitious...both of the existing walk-through attractions involve the tropics. S. America would be largely the same--you'd get a different big cat to showcase (though the Amur Tiger and cheetah will always be people's favorites) along with snakes with exceptional camouflage. About the only novel thing would be the enormous insects. They should be wary of expanding the tropical habitats too much more. Yes, the diversity is incredible, but with the small amount of the world covered by rainforests, they should really try to showcase something else. I'm not sure Asia should be expanded any further...it already has two e-tickets and an incredible walkthrough (I love Maharaja Jungle Trek). Of the existing lands, Africa could use a new ride. Dinoland is pretty tired out...how many ways can you showcase dinosaurs without another time machine ride? Guests just aren't wowed by fossils and they can't really go the Jurassic Park route.

Discovery Bay is the most logical location for a nighttime show...though they'd have to remove a lot of trees...I'm not sure how that would affect the look of Animal Kingdom. Personally, I'd rather see a completely new amphitheatre like the Hollywood Hills Amphitheatre. Have its entrance south of Everest to head over to the open plot east of Everest, orient it so that the guests are facing toward the park (and therefore the stage faces outward) and it'll be oriented to divert noise away from the animals. Matter of fact, if you look at Marni's pic, the plot I speak of (royal blue) is aready amphitheatre shaped and in the orientation I'm thinking: http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=23043&cat=500 The only drawback down there...you can see that ugly, flat backside of Everest...I really wish they hadn't built it like that. It makes expansion anywhere behind Everest really tacky unless it's enclosed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom