New Commercial

FutureKid

Originally posted by KingCEO
Many like Ripsaw drop versus Splashs Drop.

I agree with that statement. I've been on both many times and I think Ripsaw's drop is more exciting. I wonder if there's any way to make Splash's drop more "thrilling"...

-Kyle (First Post!!) :wave:

KingCEO

Directly from Hidden Mickeys.org

"On Splash Mountain, there are 4 referances to Warner Brothers charecters. Throughout the ride, there are signs, in which each one reads either Bugs, Daffy, Road Runner, or Porky. They are part of other phrases in the signs, yet they are all in capital letters, so it's obvious. Could it be that Splash Mountain is home to more than just Disney Charecters?"

I dont think the characters I mentioned are from Song of the South, unless you can show or tell me where in the movie they are?

HMFan

I dont think the characters I mentioned are from Song of the South, unless you can show or tell me where in the movie they are?
You mentioned two characters... a roadrunner, which looks nothing like the WB's roadrunner. Do you always take what HiddenMickeys.org posts at face value? Those are assumptions based on someone's opinion, that doesn't make them fact or valid. I fail to see the correlation and you have failed to show it to me.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well that post was childish.

Many people enjoy MIB instead of Buzz because of its 3-d immersive environment and how interactive it is with the audience.

No many people prefer MIB over buzz because buzz while it is fun, is a cheap and tacky attraction put together on a budget that looks like its less than my kids pocket money. Its built on the cheap and as a result is now falling apart.

KingCEO

You mentioned two characters... a roadrunner, which looks nothing like the WB's roadrunner. Do you always take what HiddenMickeys.org posts at face value? Those are assumptions based on someone's opinion, that doesn't make them fact or valid. I fail to see the correlation and you have failed to show it to me.

Hiddenmickeys.org opinions can be refuted however if it is proved just wishful thinking or completly wrong and no one has done so now since it has been posted. But yes it is still an opinion that I happen to agree with.

If they were to copy what the WB Roadrunner would look like that would be copyright infringement, thus why they made it look different. Also, whens the last time you have heard of a roadrunner in the "South".

I asked you that if they were characters in the movie to prove it and you havnt. If you can tell me that Porky Pine was in the Song of the South, then I promise I will apoligize for my argument. Until then I stand by it.

No many people prefer MIB over buzz because buzz while it is fun, is a cheap and tacky attraction put together on a budget that looks like its less than my kids pocket money. Its built on the cheap and as a result is now falling apart.

Touche(I think thats how you spell it);)

the-reason

Well that post was childish.

Anyways I dont know who you could say they copy Disney when actually Shrek 4-d and Terminator, where the audience gets involved, were really Universals ideas, even though they are 3d. The Mummy and Spiderman have nothing to be compared to in Disney. Hulk and Dueling Dragons are not Disneyesque rides but they are still great. Twister, E.T., Back to the Future are all rides that were original to UO. I do agree that though that some things (Storm Force and Ripsaw) were kinda Disney based ideas but Disney made it so popular that they became trademarks of a park. Six Flags has those rides (even though not themed) and Im not hearing anyone rip them and there were Log Rides way before Splash Mountain. As for Citywalk and Downtown, I enjoy both equally. I go to each one for different reasons. Just becuase Citywalk is the same concept as Downtown does not make it suck. You know its kind of hypocritical in some sense. You rip UO for ranking on Disney because its kiddie and that Universal is a different type of park for teens/adults/thrills yet you say they are copying everything from Disney which is geared toward Family:confused:

Many people enjoy MIB instead of Buzz because of its 3-d immersive environment and how interactive it is with the audience. Many like Ripsaw drop versus Splashs Drop. As many people say to each his own. Im just tired of the bashing, they are both different parks that offer different things.

Well, Like I think I already said in my original post, this is my opinion, and if I didnt, Im sayin it now. You can keep your opinions the way they are, and Ill keep mine. I dont know if you think just because of the post you had against what i said, that Im just gonna automatically change and be like ohhhh hes right.:rolleyes: Please. IMO I think they did copy, and you can state all the facts you want, Im still gonna say they suck, and that they copied. And most people know they did. The concept of becoming a resort(came from disney), and a whole bunch of other reasons Im not gonna WASTE my time writing.

IMO is all of this. If you wanna state an opinion, gone ahead, but trippin about others people opinions is your own fault.

KingCEO

Ive never expected you to change your opinion, I respect when people hold firm with there opinions. I just needed that post to get things off my chest. There are alot of other people who dont know some facts and still say their opinions. Ive always grew up on you cant base opinions with out facts, and thats what I was trying to do. I was not trippin over anyones opinion. Although I still think your point and overall finalization of your opinion was childish, its your opinion. Some people dont realize that Disney set the standard for resorts worldwide, so there will be Disney based ideas at other resorts. Sorry if it the post upset you, but as you did I just stated my opinion. But like I said just because they copied doesnt mean they suck. Imatation is the greatest form of flattery(I think thats how its said.)

the-reason

Ive never expected you to change your opinion, I respect when people hold firm with there opinions. I just needed that post to get things off my chest. There are alot of other people who dont know some facts and still say their opinions. Ive always grew up on you cant base opinions with out facts, and thats what I was trying to do. I was not trippin over anyones opinion. Although I still think your point and overall finalization of your opinion was childish, its your opinion. Some people dont realize that Disney set the standard for resorts worldwide, so there will be Disney based ideas at other resorts. Sorry if it the post upset you, but as you did I just stated my opinion. But like I said just because they copied doesnt mean they suck. Imatation is the greatest form of flattery(I think thats how its said.)

IMO USF & IOA does suck, and maybe that is a little childish to you, well maybe cause Im basically still a child, Im only 14.

And i also had to get that off my chest. ;)

KingCEO

14 LoL Good Argument

Anyways I just wanted to mention one more thing but if you want to know bout copying, read a couple of forums here about how MGM was built and hurried up so it could beat Universal to the punch.(Universal coming to Florida was concieved before MGM was even thought up as a park);)

Fin

Disneyfalcon

Hi KingCEO. The travel channel says Disney was planning MGM before Universal. I can't confirm this or prove it wrong, but that is what the travel channel says on some of their Disney specials!:)

KingCEO

I got that bit of info from the Unbuilt Epcot Pavillion forum when there was supposed to be a Movie Pavillion in Epcot but when Universal was coming to town they made it into a "Half Park MGM" to compete. Thats why I concluded to that, but I could be wrong

HMFan

Hiddenmickeys.org opinions can be refuted however if it is proved just wishful thinking or completly wrong and no one has done so now since it has been posted. But yes it is still an opinion that I happen to agree with.
How can someone refute an observation or an opinion? They can refute what someone claims to be fact, but not otherwise.

Also, whens the last time you have heard of a roadrunner in the "South".
Seeing as how many are located in the SouthWestern part of the US.

If you can tell me that Porky Pine was in the Song of the South, then I promise I will apoligize for my argument. Until then I stand by it.
Porky Pine, as he is called in Splash Mtn, is playing drums on the back of a turtle in the Laughing Place. He does not look like Porky the Pig.

HMFan

I got that bit of info from the Unbuilt Epcot Pavillion forum when there was supposed to be a Movie Pavillion in Epcot but when Universal was coming to town they made it into a "Half Park MGM" to compete. Thats why I concluded to that, but I could be wrong
Man.... you love your rumors don't you?

KingCEO

OK HMFan Your turning all of my answers more confusing than it needs to be. When I say south I mean like Southeast you know where slavery was dominant and where Song of the South was based upon. Southwest is classified as the Southwest and/or west. Secondly I never said he looked like Porky Pig, but the name was a play on it. Once again making something look like Porky would be copyright infringment. Yes I know that Porky Pine is playing the turtle drum in Splash Mt. But you still have not answered the question of WHERE THEY WERE IN THE MOVIE SONG OF THE SOUTH not SPLASH MT.

As far MGM, it was a hurried up to try to compete with Unversal and that has been known around here. The movie pavillion made me lean toward believing the Universal coming to FL was first before the idea of MGM. But when DisneyFalcon posted his comment, I simply said I could be wrong.

HMFan

When I say south I mean like Southeast
Then perhaps you should have been more specific. But I have seen roadrunners as far "East" as Texas and Alabama.

Secondly I never said he looked like Porky Pig, but the name was a play on it. Once again making something look like Porky would be copyright infringment.
Nor did I state that you did, but thank you for the lesson in copyright infringment.

But you still have not answered the question of WHERE THEY WERE IN THE MOVIE SONG OF THE SOUTH not SPLASH MT.
And or all of the characters were in "Song of the South", they may not have been speaking characters, but they were on screen. It has been years since I've seen the movie, but I remember there being a Br'er Roadrunner character, and a porcupine character that had the initials "P.P."

As far MGM, it was a hurried up to try to compete with Unversal and that has been known around here.
By whom? Do you have something more to support that then your "hunch" about a movie pavillion at Epcot? I to have heard about the proposed movie pavillion, but then it was scrapped and expanded upon to make a third gate. But that third gate was never "rushed" to compete with Universal Studios.

KingCEO

Its been a while since Ive seen Song of the South as well, but if you remember it and I dont then I guess I cant say anything further, sorry. Also me being from Florida, when we say South it means down here, not the whole States that lie on the Southern US. MGM was hurried up so it could beat Universal to the punch. Eisner wanted that as he came from Paramount and liked the idea of a movie park/pavillion. When MGM opened, many things werent completed by the time of the opening because they wanted to be the first to open up so they hurried up what they could and finished it through the year. Now I dont know how much more you wanna argue, but honestly I dont want to come to this post and do the back and forth thing anymore so if you dont mind lets just move on from it. Theres so many more things we could talk about that wouldnt involve arguing.

HMFan

Also me being from Florida, when we say South it means down here, not the whole States that lie on the Southern US.
So when Floridians say the "South", they only mean themselves? :confused: Funny, most people up north don't really consider Florida a part of the south, besides the fact of its geographic location.

Now I dont know how much more you wanna argue, but honestly I dont want to come to this post and do the back and forth thing anymore so if you dont mind lets just move on from it.
I'm not trying to argue, just dispelling rumors that aren't true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom